Sweden election 2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:18:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Sweden election 2022 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sweden election 2022  (Read 32980 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: August 10, 2022, 11:15:01 AM »

Are the Swedish democrats still too toxic to be included in any possible goverment ?

Not really, I believe. The Moderates, Liberals and Christian Democrats have a "collaboration agreement" with SD and they have presented some conjoint policies. Not sure if they will be part of a coalition government, but SD will support a proposed Moderate PM and, unlike 2018, M-L-KD will accept that support.

Yeah, M-L-KD-SD are basically the right bloc now, M and KD had already been on board with an SD backed government and then around a year ago, the Liberals left the current centre-left government and said they’d be okay with a government supported by the Swedish Democrats.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 01:08:28 PM »

Are the Swedish democrats still too toxic to be included in any possible goverment ?

Not really, I believe. The Moderates, Liberals and Christian Democrats have a "collaboration agreement" with SD and they have presented some conjoint policies. Not sure if they will be part of a coalition government, but SD will support a proposed Moderate PM and, unlike 2018, M-L-KD will accept that support.

Yeah, M-L-KD-SD are basically the right bloc now, M and KD had already been on board with an SD backed government and then around a year ago, the Liberals left the current centre-left government and said they’d be okay with a government supported by the Swedish Democrats.

This is why I consider Loof and Centre part of the government block, even though they might dispute this assertation. M and their allies have committed themselves to SD which means Loof has only S and the present government as potential partners.  Loof refusing to work with some of the Left parties post-election, or vice versa, would make the Conservative position all the stronger.

I mean currently C is working with the government bloc including V even if it repeatedly votes against Social Democratic budgets. I don't really see why this would change, but I'm not an expert on Swedish politics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies