2004 User Predictions - Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:49:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 99
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 866273 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 15, 2004, 03:33:35 PM »

That's my "wish list".
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1501 on: March 15, 2004, 03:34:31 PM »

Why not toss in China while we're at it? Hell, why not take out the whole world in a BIG war, now that would be some leadership... Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1502 on: March 15, 2004, 03:40:43 PM »

We are taking the world, one step at a time Wink You can not beat the dark side lol.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1503 on: March 15, 2004, 03:41:44 PM »

We are taking the world, one step at a time Wink You can not beat the dark side lol.

May the force be with us...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1504 on: March 15, 2004, 05:08:20 PM »

Kerry will destroy our enemies and he understands honesty and responsibility more than Bush.

Bush is unconcerned of our future past this election.

Kerry is a defeatist.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1505 on: March 15, 2004, 05:09:41 PM »

Yes going after the terrorists using a police method really works. I forgot, Clinton defeated Terrorism. lol Kerry is a Dove he may launch a few missles if we get attacked but he will use no force to destroy our enemies. Bush is making our future safer.

It sounds like your saying if Americans re-elect Bush they can expect more Middle East Campaigning. Where do the Republicans want to turn next? Iran? Syria? Egypt? Dare I hope Saudi Arabia?

I was reading a piece about Bush's 2000 campaign from what I read on his perspectives he wanted to run on a policy of essentially isolationism. I don't know, that's what I got out of the message.

Siege40

All of those except for Egypt are excellent candidates, particularly Saudi Arabia.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1506 on: March 15, 2004, 05:10:56 PM »

Yes going after the terrorists using a police method really works. I forgot, Clinton defeated Terrorism. lol Kerry is a Dove he may launch a few missles if we get attacked but he will use no force to destroy our enemies. Bush is making our future safer.

It sounds like your saying if Americans re-elect Bush they can expect more Middle East Campaigning. Where do the Republicans want to turn next? Iran? Syria? Egypt? Dare I hope Saudi Arabia?

I was reading a piece about Bush's 2000 campaign from what I read on his perspectives he wanted to run on a policy of essentially isolationism. I don't know, that's what I got out of the message.

Siege40

All of those except for Egypt are excellent candidates, particularly Saudi Arabia.

No, they're not, especially not Iran.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1507 on: March 15, 2004, 05:12:38 PM »

Ohio will go for Kerry, only if Pennsylvania does.

JOBS

Ohio don't got em

Actually Ohio's been hovering around 6% unemployment - marginally worse than Missouri at 4.7%, but not nearly as bad as the West Coast or NY.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1508 on: March 15, 2004, 06:25:53 PM »

All they are saying is believe what the bible says word for word and put the interpretations to the side.

They are saying a little more than that...:

1) the name on the church building is important and must come from the bible
2) Sunday replaced the Sabbath
3) Christ only shed his blood for one church and people need to seek out that one true church

Though I only read their page for a couple of minutes, I have to say I respectfully disagree.

I would also disagree with their views on:

1)speaking in Tongues
2)Trinity
3)Rapture
4)Premillennialism
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1509 on: March 15, 2004, 06:27:52 PM »

All they are saying is believe what the bible says word for word and put the interpretations to the side.

3) Christ only shed his blood for one church and people need to seek out that one true church

Though I only read their page for a couple of minutes, I have to say I respectfully disagree.

1)speaking in Tongues
2)Trinity
3)Rapture
4)Premillennialism

Man, you're picky... Tongue
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1510 on: March 15, 2004, 06:28:39 PM »

Ohio will go for Kerry, only if Pennsylvania does.

JOBS

Ohio don't got em

Actually Ohio's been hovering around 6% unemployment - marginally worse than Missouri at 4.7%, but not nearly as bad as the West Coast or NY.

6% is high, and Ohio, outside of Cleveland is rural dominated.  you always have higher unEmp in urban areas, and CA has many and NY's takes up 40% of the state's population.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1511 on: March 15, 2004, 06:32:48 PM »

1)speaking in Tongues
2)Trinity
3)Rapture
4)Premillennialism

Well, they did bring the topics up.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1512 on: March 15, 2004, 06:43:35 PM »

1)speaking in Tongues
2)Trinity
3)Rapture
4)Premillennialism

Well, they did bring the topics up.

Lol, I know. But this is supposed to be for user predictions...
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1513 on: March 15, 2004, 08:55:45 PM »

I know this is off topic (and is probably posted somewhere), but can somebody please explain to me how to post a 50 state electoral map here?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1514 on: March 15, 2004, 08:57:42 PM »

1)speaking in Tongues
2)Trinity
3)Rapture
4)Premillennialism

The bible clearly talks about the gifts disappearing and "rapture" is never mentioned in the bible.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #1515 on: March 15, 2004, 09:16:19 PM »

I know this is off topic (and is probably posted somewhere), but can somebody please explain to me how to post a 50 state electoral map here?

In the prediction section, create a prediction, right click on the maps, select properties, copy the http://www.us... (it should take up many lines in the property window click before the "h" and drag the cursor down), paste it inside of an [img ] [/ img] without the spaces in the tags, and post.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1516 on: March 15, 2004, 09:26:51 PM »

I keeps coming up a blank map--what am I doing wrong?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #1517 on: March 15, 2004, 09:38:33 PM »

I've followed some of the work of Dr. McDonald since he was located in IL until recently. He has studied both redistricting as well as voter turnout. If I recall the trend to lower turnout was due to both immigration and incarceration.

You're right - he does talk about all of that. And he had, by far, the most interesting site on the 2000 (well, 2001-3) redistricting...pretty accurate, too. A pity it doesn't appear to exist any more... Sad

He stopped updating the redistricting scorecard after he moved to GMU. He has some interesting work at elections.gmu.edu/enhancing.htm.

Thanks for the link! There was a LOT of useful information there. He certainly has a talent for uncovering how things really work (or how they don't work) - case in point: why the Arizona approach to redistricting is better than the Iowa approach...
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1518 on: March 15, 2004, 09:45:09 PM »

I've followed some of the work of Dr. McDonald since he was located in IL until recently. He has studied both redistricting as well as voter turnout. If I recall the trend to lower turnout was due to both immigration and incarceration.

You're right - he does talk about all of that. And he had, by far, the most interesting site on the 2000 (well, 2001-3) redistricting...pretty accurate, too. A pity it doesn't appear to exist any more... Sad

He stopped updating the redistricting scorecard after he moved to GMU. He has some interesting work at elections.gmu.edu/enhancing.htm.

Thanks for the link! There was a LOT of useful information there. He certainly has a talent for uncovering how things really work (or how they don't work) - case in point: why the Arizona approach to redistricting is better than the Iowa approach...

The interesting thing about the Arizona redistricting is that there was no intent to place the incumbents in 6 different districts--it just turned out that way.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1519 on: March 15, 2004, 09:53:18 PM »

In the prediction section, create a prediction, right click on the maps, select properties, copy the http://www.us... (it should take up many lines in the property window click before the "h" and drag the cursor down), paste it inside of an [img ] [/ img] without the spaces in the tags, and post.

It keeps coming up a blank map--what am I doing wrong?

I've been right-clicking inside the window but outside the map. Then I go to properties and the address is something simple like http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/genusmap.php?

Does anybody know how to approach this issue?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1520 on: March 15, 2004, 10:03:30 PM »

I got your map but it had no numbers and was tan colored. Did you click on top of the map?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1521 on: March 15, 2004, 10:09:09 PM »

I clicked on the white space between the 50 states and the window. Then I tried clicking on a state and the same thing happened.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1522 on: March 15, 2004, 10:21:14 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2004, 10:31:18 PM by jmfcst »

The bible clearly talks about the gifts disappearing

Yes, and it also talks about prophesy and KNOWLEDGE passing away during SAME time frame.  Here is the passage:

1Cor 12:8-12 Love never fails. But where there are PROPHECIES, they will cease; where there are TONGUES, they will be stilled; where there is KNOWLEDGE, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

So the question is:  What time frame is in question in the statement "when perfection comes, the imperfect (prophecy, tongues, knowledge) disappears"?  Answer: when we shall see Jesus face to face; and instead of having imperfect knowledge of Jesus, we will know him fully, even as we are fully known. Therefore, the bible does NOT teach that spiritual gifts will disappear before the 2nd Coming, rather it teaches they will disappear when we meet Jesus.

So what was Paul's point?  There is a perfect gift from God which can perfect you today, it is called "love".  And although it is healthy to seek imperfect gifts such as knowledge, prophecy, tongues, etc..., your ultimate focus should be on love.

1Cor 14:1,39 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy...be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.

Col 3:14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in PERFECT unity.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But PERFECT love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made PERFECT in love.

---

and "rapture" is never mentioned in the bible.

Gee dude, there are a lot of terms Christians use that are not in the bible ("Rapture","Trinity", "Second Coming", etc).  But, for the sake of argument, I'll use the phrase "Caught up together" (NIV translation) in place of "Rapture".

Obviously, the question is not if the exact term is presented in scripture; rather it is whether the CONCEPT of the "Rapture" is presented in the bible.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1523 on: March 15, 2004, 10:31:17 PM »

"That which is perfect" is in reference to Gods word in writing. aka The Bible. All these gifts and acts that the apostles were using on non-believers was to help convey the message of Jesus better because their was no written word. We are currently living in the end times. When Jesus died that was the start of the end times. The prophecy of Jesus has been fulfilled.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1524 on: March 15, 2004, 10:35:13 PM »

"That which is perfect" is in reference to Gods word in writing. aka The Bible. All these gifts and acts that the apostles were using on non-believers was to help convey the message of Jesus better because their was no written word. We are currently living in the end times. When Jesus died that was the start of the end times. The prophecy of Jesus has been fulfilled.

1Cor 13:12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

So, you're saying that the NT:
1) allows us to know Jesus fully, just as fully as he knows us?
2) allows us to see Jesus face to face?

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies