2004 User Predictions - Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:37:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 866099 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2004, 02:24:50 PM »
« edited: March 14, 2004, 02:26:28 PM by StatesRights »

I do not see a bad economy right now. Every since mid-2002 tourism is back up and they are flocking our state. The U.S. has taken a while to get over the 9/11 shock and the Clinton inherited recession.

Actually I think most voters look at how THEY are doing when they go to the polls and not what some economist says. And the Dot.coms blew up after Clinton left. All the scandals that happened under the Clinton admin with big business were revealed. Enron, etc. And 9/11 having no effect on the economy? Hooey.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2004, 02:31:01 PM »

The thing is are those people who are affected going to vote? And are they a large enough majority to kick Bush out? And after 9/11 a LOT of people were scared to death. A lot of people stayed home instead of coming to Florida to Disney or wherever. That caused these companies to lose a lot of business.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2004, 02:33:35 PM »

I said Bush not Kerry lol. I heard Kerrys running mate is going to be Jane Fonda! Any truth? lol
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2004, 05:47:21 PM »

Yes, having someone in office who destroys our enemies and gets reelected should lessen your faith in the people who re-elect him.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2004, 07:09:16 PM »

Yes going after the terrorists using a police method really works. I forgot, Clinton defeated Terrorism. lol Kerry is a Dove he may launch a few missles if we get attacked but he will use no force to destroy our enemies. Bush is making our future safer. Do you think it was Clinton that made Qadafi change his mind about his WMDs? Those countries are scared of us now that we take action.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2004, 11:04:34 PM »

MiamiU is neither hoping for a Bush win nor pessimistic, he's just outrageously superstitious.
He doens't want to jinx Kerry, so he'll always predict a Bush win. If you want his real prediction, just turn Pennsylvania, which btw makes that map much more internally consistent: NO way in HELL does Kerry lose PA but take Ohio.

I just have a funny feeling something is going to be very very odd in this election. I don't know what it is but I just have a strong feeling. We have 8 more long long months to wait and see. My wife hates election years because thats what she always hears out of me is political stuff Wink.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2004, 10:32:03 AM »

Yes going after the terrorists using a police method really works. I forgot, Clinton defeated Terrorism. lol Kerry is a Dove he may launch a few missles if we get attacked but he will use no force to destroy our enemies. Bush is making our future safer.

It sounds like your saying if Americans re-elect Bush they can expect more Middle East Campaigning. Where do the Republicans want to turn next? Iran? Syria? Egypt? Dare I hope Saudi Arabia?

I was reading a piece about Bush's 2000 campaign from what I read on his perspectives he wanted to run on a policy of essentially isolationism. I don't know, that's what I got out of the message.

Siege40

I would say Iran or Syria would be the next ones. I agree Saudi Arabia should be on the list, but it's never going to happen. Bushs' 2000 campaign issues on National Security are irrelevant now. That was before 9/11. The nations of the Middle East need to be enlightened.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2004, 12:33:19 PM »

All they are saying is believe what the bible says word for word and put the interpretations to the side.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2004, 01:16:22 PM »

Sunday did replace the Sabbath. Jesus said the old law was nailed to the cross. Thats in the bible.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2004, 01:19:44 PM »

The first day of the week. In Jewish tradition the first day of the week is Sunday. Jesus rose on a Sunday. The whole point of going to church on Sunday is a rememberance of Jesus' death and ressurection.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2004, 01:28:01 PM »

I didnt say it was required to meet on Sunday. This is the argument.

http://www.bible.ca/H-sunday.htm
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2004, 01:43:48 PM »

I didnt say it was required to meet on Sunday. This is the argument.

http://www.bible.ca/H-sunday.htm

I agree with the first sentence, but the second sentence states that Sunday "is the day God requires all Christians to gather together", yet NOWHERE in the NT is thatt REQUIREMENT  given.

Where was that at?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2004, 03:33:35 PM »

That's my "wish list".
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2004, 03:40:43 PM »

We are taking the world, one step at a time Wink You can not beat the dark side lol.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2004, 08:57:42 PM »

All they are saying is believe what the bible says word for word and put the interpretations to the side.

They are saying a little more than that...:

1) the name on the church building is important and must come from the bible
2) Sunday replaced the Sabbath
3) Christ only shed his blood for one church and people need to seek out that one true church

Though I only read their page for a couple of minutes, I have to say I respectfully disagree.

I would also disagree with their views on:

1)speaking in Tongues
2)Trinity
3)Rapture
4)Premillennialism

The bible clearly talks about the gifts disappearing and "rapture" is never mentioned in the bible.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2004, 10:03:30 PM »

I got your map but it had no numbers and was tan colored. Did you click on top of the map?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2004, 10:31:17 PM »

"That which is perfect" is in reference to Gods word in writing. aka The Bible. All these gifts and acts that the apostles were using on non-believers was to help convey the message of Jesus better because their was no written word. We are currently living in the end times. When Jesus died that was the start of the end times. The prophecy of Jesus has been fulfilled.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2004, 10:51:52 PM »

What he's saying is before the canon (96 AD). We dont fully understand Jesus. For we are like a child and we do childish things (the gifts). After the bible we understand fully. We understand Jesus fully as if we are face to face.
The three great gifts : faith, hope and love. The greatest is love. We live in faith and hope and love is for eternity.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2004, 12:26:19 AM »

What he's saying is before the canon (96 AD). We dont fully understand Jesus. For we are like a child and we do childish things (the gifts). After the bible we understand fully. We understand Jesus fully as if we are face to face.
The three great gifts : faith, hope and love. The greatest is love. We live in faith and hope and love is for eternity.

First, you can NOT honestly say that the NT gives believers a view of Jesus face to face and allows them to know him as much as he knows them, for CLEARLY the bible says that is yet to come:

1Cor 13:12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

1John 3:2 But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Rev 22:4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

---

Second, by your definition of "perfection" through the canon of the NT, today's believers know more about the Gospel than the tongue-speaking apostles Paul, Peter, and John.  Obviously that is not correct since we are supposed to be FOLLOWING their teachings.  

---

Third, if tongues has passed away, then where is the gift of knowledge (1Cor 12:28)? Where is the gift of teaching (1Cor 12:28)?  Where is the gift to work miracles (1Cor 12:28)?  Where is the gift of healing (1Cor 12:28)? Where is the gift of helping others (1Cor 12:28)?  Where is the gift of administration (1Cor 12:28)? Where is the gift of wisdom (1Cor 12:Cool?

If tongues have passed away, then so have these other gifts....certainly that is not the case.

---

Forth, if these gifts have passed away by the advent of the NT canon, then three whole chapters of spiritual instruction (1Cor ch. 12-14), along with many others within that VERY SAME NT, are nullified.  How can the canon of the NT nullify the NT itself?!

Well, we just have different points of view. Lets get back to politics.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2004, 09:10:04 AM »

Well, we just have different points of view. Lets get back to politics.

OK, but I would hope you would be able to answer those questions if you believe spiritual gifts have already passed away.

---

On a final note...

from http://www.bible.ca/seek-about.htm...<<How we are different: We are different from modern churches because we are the same as the church of the Bible...We are people of a restoration spirit who want to restore, in our time, the original New Testament church....we call upon all to honor God’s original blueprint found in the Bible.>>

Notice that the web page you cited stated that they were trying to get back to the church as it was in 33AD...so doesn't it seem a little strange that very same web page argues AGAINST the practices of the early church?

When they talk about the early church they talk about some of the false doctrines, like the pope. 33 AD was when Jesus died.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2004, 02:07:36 AM »

Kerry will win VA before he wins MO, AR, or TN.  The political climate is shifting drastically.  I expect to see massive Democratic gains in the DC, Hampton, and Richmond suburbs, which have been getting increasingly liberal as time passes.  Farifax, Henrico, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, and Prince William Counties will all go for the Dems this time, maybe Isle of Wight, Clarke, Warren, Albemarle, Nelson, Dinwiddie, and Loudon Counties too but probably not till '08.  That will probably shift the state.

The state is largely military. You think the large military populations of the state are going to go Democrat?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2004, 02:10:12 AM »

Kerry better define himself and quit all the "Bush is bad for this and bad for that and yada yada yada". I understand you are supposed to talk a little "smack" about your opponent but when it's ALL you hear out of a candidate it's going to get old real real quick. Of course the liberal media will bury most of the negative stuff about Kerry.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2004, 10:03:40 AM »

McCain is a Democrat, dont let the (R) fool you.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2004, 02:39:55 AM »

Then why do you see him hanging with so many democrats? just curious.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2004, 10:12:03 AM »

How about Colin Powell? I know its been said, but I believe that would be a good chance.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies