2004 User Predictions - Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:57:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 869307 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2003, 01:38:21 PM »

Does anyone here remember Democrat/Republican?

Would that be the old forum?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2003, 02:45:20 PM »

I don't believe it! You had a really good chance to build a pyramid there, but oh, no, you decided not to quote each other! *Sigh*

Btw, Realpolitik seem to take for granted that Mr_president and John are in fact one and the same [cue more dramatic music/thunder].

Do everyone think this? They do have different e-mail adresses.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2003, 05:55:37 PM »

Yeah grayraven is pretty good.  I like it better than Edwards' but not as much as I like Leip's.  Smiley

Suck-up! Smiley Btw, in 5 minutes is 2004! And they say "where America goes the world follows"... Smiley Not this time! I will be waiting for you to catch up! Happy new year everybody! Smiley Smiley Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2003, 08:56:25 PM »

Yeah grayraven is pretty good.  I like it better than Edwards' but not as much as I like Leip's.  Smiley

Suck-up! Smiley Btw, in 5 minutes is 2004! And they say "where America goes the world follows"... Smiley Not this time! I will be waiting for you to catch up! Happy new year everybody! Smiley Smiley Smiley
It is 2004 in about 5 hours here.  and I genuinely do like Leip's better thanthe other ones.

5 hours and 13 minutes until 2004.
I guess we are both on the east coast.  
that is why I have a blue pennsylvania under my name.
That's true.  I guess I just can't put 2 and 2 together.

The two of you are building another pyramid!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2003, 09:00:49 PM »

It is 2004 in about 5 hours here.  and I genuinely do like Leip's better thanthe other ones.

And you are contributing, Gustaf!  thanks!
You're welcome!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2003, 09:06:27 PM »

You're welcome!

No problem.

But I insist.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2003, 09:11:21 PM »

You're welcome!

No problem.

But I insist.
How big do these pyramids get?
It depends on the number of posts.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2003, 09:20:57 PM »

You're welcome!

No problem.

But I insist.
I don't think that the pyramids get much better than this...see that solid line.
There is always room for improvement.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2004, 06:31:49 AM »

You're welcome!

No problem.

But I insist.
I don't think that the pyramids get much better than this...see that solid line.
There is always room for improvement.
Not really.  Look closely.
weee
Every time I do this another quote disappears,t hus the pyramids are not improved.

You're right, they don't get any better... Sad Sad
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2004, 10:25:19 AM »

This post could be the beginning of a beatiful pyramid! Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2004, 03:59:37 PM »

Harry - good quote, real deep! Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2004, 04:03:57 PM »

That depends on who it's directed at.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2004, 04:06:19 PM »

Who is being deep now, huh?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2004, 04:08:09 PM »

Me, stupid.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2004, 04:14:31 PM »

Hey, DarthKosh, you're a YabbGod all of a sudden. Just b/c of all the pyramids... I have been tricked into participating in your power game and unwittingly contributed to your success. Smiley But not anymore...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2004, 04:46:04 PM »

I see a few are having quick conversations to boost their numbers.  Kind of sad, at least most of mine have been actual policy oriented.  Not all but most.

Hey, DarthKosh, you're a YabbGod all of a sudden. Just b/c of all the pyramids... I have been tricked into participating in your power game and unwittingly contributed to your success. Smiley But not anymore...

I have seriously not been doing this to boost post numbers. I am not quite THAT sad a person.  Smiley I have done a lot of politically oriented posting as well. You shouldn't accuse people of being non-serious like that. Everyone who has done a suffcient amount of serious posting has proven themselves, as I see it. There are people like John or mr_president who could be accused on only non-serious posts. Also, one could easily say that it is wrong to post a lot of short posts instead of fewer, but larger ones. I think few people here are in the forum to achieve high post numbers. Do you?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2004, 05:04:03 PM »

No wasn't accusing you of it.  Was thinking john and Mr Prez when I wrote that, and who knows there motives?Huh? Smiley

I see a few are having quick conversations to boost their numbers.  Kind of sad, at least most of mine have been actual policy oriented.  Not all but most.

I have seriously not been doing this to boost post numbers. I am not quite THAT sad a person.  Smiley I have done a lot of politically oriented posting as well. You shouldn't accuse people of being non-serious like that. Everyone who has done a suffcient amount of serious posting has proven themselves, as I see it. There are people like John or mr_president who could be accused on only non-serious posts. Also, one could easily say that it is wrong to post a lot of short posts instead of fewer, but larger ones. I think few people here are in the forum to achieve high post numbers. Do you?

That is actually a very good question. I have been pondering it for a long time. I am beginning to wonder whether one should actually feel sorry for them, maybe they're just uneducated or foreign or young or a combination of these. It just doesn't make sense, why would someone join a forum like this just to piss people off?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2004, 06:27:13 PM »

18.  of course, my quote applies to everyone.
No one should ever be stupid.
We'd have many fewer problems in this world if people heeded my quote. Smiley
That's actually right. Smiley Too bad noone ever thought about that before, huh? Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2004, 06:55:44 PM »

Who was that comment directed at?
At DarthKosh, but I could sy the same of you, I see now! Smiley Actually, I benefited from the pyramid games myself, so I will sneak into a god position when you least expect it... Smiley *insane evil laughter*
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2004, 07:02:20 PM »

Who was that comment directed at?
At DarthKosh, but I could sy the same of you, I see now! Smiley Actually, I benefited from the pyramid games myself, so I will sneak into a god position when you least expect it... Smiley *insane evil laughter*
Yeah, I guess we both did.  But I didn't to them to increase my posts, I did them for fun.
That's what we all say... Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2004, 07:16:43 PM »

It is...but let's try and focus this one, shall we? Smiley I currently have three predictions going, all of them show GOP-victories. My main prob is not seeing enough polls and not knowing about all of the events influencing voters. Swedish media don't pay a lot of attention to American politics, though they will later on, when elections come closer.

America really is a different world, actually much more so than I originally thought. Sports, politics, everything except TV, I guess, is different.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2004, 10:23:07 AM »

ok, this Australian (who, even though he leans left, will be neutral here, due to it not being my decidion) has compiled a realistic "best case scenario" for Reps and "best case scenario" for Dems. A landslide is possiblke for both sides if they play their cards right, but their will be no McGovernish losses for either side, due to the polarisation of America at the mo.

For the Democratic Best Case Scenario: Carey
For the Republican Best Case Scenario: Carey2

I apologise if I made a mistake with the shades of certain states, I was kinda rushing.

Seems reasonable to me. You have a lot of tossups in both cases, and you let all of them go to the winning party, but otherwise they seemed accurate to me. Why don't you make one which is not best-worse, but the one you think will occur? Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2004, 10:44:42 AM »

ok, this Australian (who, even though he leans left, will be neutral here, due to it not being my decidion) has compiled a realistic "best case scenario" for Reps and "best case scenario" for Dems. A landslide is possiblke for both sides if they play their cards right, but their will be no McGovernish losses for either side, due to the polarisation of America at the mo.

For the Democratic Best Case Scenario: Carey
For the Republican Best Case Scenario: Carey2

I apologise if I made a mistake with the shades of certain states, I was kinda rushing.

Seems reasonable to me. You have a lot of tossups in both cases, and you let all of them go to the winning party, but otherwise they seemed accurate to me. Why don't you make one which is not best-worse, but the one you think will occur? Wink

well to answer the tossup point, in a best case scenario, all of the tossups would go to the winner.

Secondly, the realistic one I will do as soon as a nominee is clear (and no, Howard Dean has not won it, and I would not be surprised if he doesn't get the nom)

plus I am afraid of being wrong Wink lol

Good points, no one seem to agreee with me on tossups anyway, so never mind that...

I agree Dean has not clinched it yet, but if he beats Gephardt in Iowa he will be hard to stop. There are other threads for this, though, so you can post there if you're interested in discussing that.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2004, 06:17:51 AM »

I think the Dems should concentrate on a few big key states. Pennsylvania and Ohio would be there, and then throw in WV with them. Then, what about Florida? If the Dems went all out and won these three, they could afford losing all other "losable" states and still win.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2004, 12:39:30 PM »

which states are "losable"?  NM?  WI?  I don't think any state is losable for the Dems.

I was referring to tossups: NM, WI, MN, IA and OR. PA would be in there as well, but that's one of the target states.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies