Flip the 6th (gameplay thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:50:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Flip the 6th (gameplay thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flip the 6th (gameplay thread)  (Read 8079 times)
Kuumo

P P
« on: November 12, 2021, 01:38:54 AM »

Christine Jang opens campaign with Salem rally

Thank you, Salem! Glad so many of you made it here!

We are at a pivotal moment for the people of Oregon. In the past two years, we have faced monumental challenges. From the deadly virus that turned our lives upside down last year to the vicious wildfires that ravaged our communities this past summer, our lives have been disrupted by a 21st century set of problems. Under the leadership of President Biden, we've begun to address the issues of pandemic recovery, energy, healthcare, education, infrastructure, and more. But there remains much to be done!

In my time at the Department of Environmental Quality, I have strived to do my part in protecting the wild places we treasure in our state. I've had the privilege of working together with a diverse set of people from my fellow scientists and engineers in the office to research collaborators at UO and Oregon State to Governor Brown and the legislature here in Salem. As a long-time employee of the State of Oregon, I am no stranger to public policy. The problems of today and tomorrow won't be fixed with speechifying and grandstanding. The crises in our country from community cohesion to climate change demand action! That's why I'm running to represent Oregon's new Sixth District! I hope you'll join me in bringing the innovative spirit and can-do attitude of Oregon to our nation's capital!
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 04:53:39 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2021, 04:25:43 AM by Senator Kuumo »

December 2021 Schedule

December 2nd: Town hall at Western Oregon University in Monmouth.
December 3rd: Meet with State Representative Teresa Alonso Leon in Woodburn.
December 5th: Town hall in Woodburn.
December 8th: Meet with Latino community leaders in Salem.
December 10th: Rally in Corvallis.
December 11th: Town hall in Newport.
December 13th: Interview with the Statesman Journal in Salem.
December 16th: Meet with State Representative Paul Evans in Monmouth.
December 17th: Co-host fundraiser for the Oregon League of Conservation Voters in Portland.
December 20th: Town hall in Albany.
December 21st: Endorsement interview with the Oregon League of Conservation Voters in Salem.
December 22nd: Fundraising dinner in Salem.
December 28th: Meet with State Representative Dan Rayfield in Corvallis.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 11:59:39 AM »

@ComRyder: The Republicans can't seem to work out who or what they are.

@HeatherCooper: The Democratic candidates cannot spell their own first names correctly.

@ChristineJang: The Republicans don’t seem to know what county commissioners are.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 06:23:01 AM »

Quote from: Christine Jang, Salem meeting, December 8th, 2021
Unfortunately, many Democratic politicians have taken Latino voters for granted. Unemployment, poverty, and graduation rates among Latino Oregonians continue to lag behind the rest of the state. As your representative in DC, I would fight to change that. We need targeted investment in public schools, including technology grants, increased access to bilingual education, and funding for after-school programs. We need more hospitals and better healthcare in underserved areas. I would also sponsor legislation to improve workplace protections for farm workers who risk their lives toiling under record levels of heat.

Quote from: Christine Jang, Newport town hall, December 11th, 2021
Question: Would you support re-imposing COVID restrictions in light of the Omicron variant?
With the information we have right now, I would certainly not support this. The symptoms of the Omicron variant are mild, particularly if you're vaccinated. We currently have zero reported deaths from it. So I would strongly encourage vaccines and booster shots and typical flu season precautions to avoid getting infected.

Quote from: Christine Jang, Statesman Journal interview, December 13th, 2021
Question: What would you say your top three priorities are if you elected?
Well, as I said earlier, climate change and the environment have always been a deeply significant issue to me. But also, the effects of the pandemic have made clear the gross inequities in healthcare and education we face as a country. I feel that the negative effects of the pandemic on education have been a bit overshadowed by the obvious healthcare-related issues. I've talked to a lot of teachers who have told me about the many difficulties of remote learning, particularly for low-income students who may not have consistent internet access with parents that often have jobs where they can't work from home. If elected, I would definitely do my best to remedy these disparities in the education and healthcare systems.

Quote from: Christine Jang, Portland OLCV fundraiser, December 17th, 2021
I've spent my career working to keep Oregon green. As a member of the Oregon League of Conservation Voters, I have also contributed to signing petitions, organizing community outreach, and contacting members of the legislature. I met some of my best friends volunteering here when I'd just moved to Salem. Without OLCV, I probably wouldn't be running for public office today. With that, I'm proud to introduce my co-hosts Dianne Berry and Joe Larcher.

Quote from: Christine Jang, Salem fundraising dinner, December 22nd, 2021
I am a pragmatic progressive that will fight to defend President Biden's agenda in Congress. My experience working in the state government here in Salem will serve well in crafting informed, common-sense policies to keep our country on track.

Christine Jang's campaign also runs a television advertisement in the Portland and Eugene media markets that also appears on YouTube in both English and Spanish.

Quote from: Christine Jang campaign advertisement
*Jang stands in a public park in Salem with her husband and daughters throwing a Frisbee in the background*

"Hi, I'm Christine. Thirty years ago, I never would've guessed where I would be today."

*cuts to photos of Jang as a child with her parents, brother, and sister*

"My parents instilled in me the values of hard work and community. Not too long before, they had left Korea in search of a new life in the land of opportunity. It was a difficult start for them, but through years of perseverance they realized their dream, starting their own neighborhood store, getting involved in their church, and raising three children."

*cuts to videos of Jang walking in the mountains and along the coast and videos of her talking to people in various places in the district*

"When I first moved to Oregon 14 years ago, I was also in a new place with no prior connections. But I soon fell in love with the kind people and natural wonders of the Willamette Valley. As I came to call this place home, I realized that I wanted to give back to my community. I know many honest, hard-working people around me whose lives have been very tough. They have been left behind to struggle through no fault of their own, and they deserve much better. That's why I'm running to represent the people of Oregon in Congress."

"I'm Christine Jang, and I approve this message."

And just for kicks,

Quote from: Christine Jang campaign fundraising email
Hi Rachel,

We are in DIRE need of help! The Republicans are SURGING in the polls after the latest news. Christine Jang needs your support NOW to stop the homophobes and insurrectionists from taking over Congress!

Donate $5 HERE to turn the tide. Every cent counts!
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 06:08:56 PM »

January 2022 Schedule

January 1st-3rd: Celebrate the New Year with family in Salem.
January 4th: Zoom call with Senator Ron Wyden to discuss environmental policy in Congress.
January 5th: Phonebank with supporters in Keizer.

@ChristineJang

Why Nicholas Kristof decided to run for governor is beyond me. He hasn't lived in Oregon in years and just now wants to come back? He could've at least looked into the eligibility requirements.

January 6th, 2022

January 7th: Meet with Senator Deb Patterson in Salem.
January 8th: Rally and meet-and-greet in Salem.

Quote from: Christine Jang, Salem event, January 8th, 2021
Let's not forget that overturning Roe v. Wade would have a disproportionate impact on women in need. The women who most need access to reproductive care are lacking in other options; they may be living in poverty, homeless, underaged, trapped in abusive households, or victims of sexual assault. I would fight to protect reproductive rights in Congress and keep Oregon a haven for the equal opportunity of women in society.

@ChristineJang

I am proud to endorse Tina Kotek for governor. As Speaker of the Oregon House, she has led our state forward on increasing the minimum wage, expanding healthcare access, improving our public schools, and addressing climate change. I am confident she will serve well as our next governor!

[endorsement video]

January 10th, 2022

January 10th-11th: Voter registration drive in Salem.
January 13th: Meet with State Senator Peter Courtney in Salem.
January 14th: Town hall in Lebanon.
January 15th: Fundraising dinner in Corvallis.
January 17th-21st: Attend to field scientist duties.
January 23rd: Rally and meet-and-greet in Newport.
January 26th: Meet with Oregon AFL-CIO leaders in Salem, discuss workplace protection issues.
January 27th-28th: Voter registration drive in Woodburn.
January 29th: Phonebank with supporters in Salem.
January 31st: Canvas with campaign volunteers in Albany.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 11:28:44 PM »

@ChristineJang

One year ago at this time, our nation sustained an attack on our founding principles of liberty, equality, and democracy. In the turbulent times of today, we must not forget Ben Franklin's prescient warning that we only live in a republic as long as we can keep it.

January 6th, 2022

@ChristineJang

The Republicans don't seem to realize that mask mandates and history education in public schools are the responsibility of state and local governments, not our representatives in Washington.

January 24th, 2022

Christine Jang's campaign continues to run the same television advertisement in the Portland and Eugene media markets and on YouTube in both English and Spanish.

Quote from: Christine Jang campaign advertisement
*Jang stands in a public park in Salem with her husband and daughters throwing a Frisbee in the background*

"Hi, I'm Christine. Thirty years ago, I never would've guessed where I would be today."

*cuts to photos of Jang as a child with her parents, brother, and sister*

"My parents instilled in me the values of hard work and community. Not too long before, they had left Korea in search of a new life in the land of opportunity. It was a difficult start for them, but through years of perseverance they realized their dream, starting their own neighborhood store, getting involved in their church, and raising three children."

*cuts to videos of Jang walking in the mountains and along the coast and videos of her talking to people in various places in the district*

"When I first moved to Oregon 14 years ago, I was also in a new place with no prior connections. But I soon fell in love with the kind people and natural wonders of the Willamette Valley. As I came to call this place home, I realized that I wanted to give back to my community. I know many honest, hard-working people around me whose lives have been very tough. They have been left behind to struggle through no fault of their own, and they deserve much better. That's why I'm running to represent the people of Oregon in Congress."

"I'm Christine Jang, and I approve this message."
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 03:24:59 PM »

Polling

6th District Generic Ballot
Democratic 44%
Republican 43%
Undecided/Other 13%

Republican Primary
Doyle Brooks 30%
Heather Cooper 25%
Dale Scott 24%
Ted Miller 5%
Undecided/Other 16%

Democratic Primary
Thomas Ryder 28%
Christine Jang 26%
Yuri Testikov 11%
Charlotte Adams 11%
Eric Talbot 5%
Undecided/Other 19%

Head-to-Head Matchups
Thomas Ryder (D) 46%
Doyle Brooks (R) 38%
Undecided/Other 16%

Christine Jang (D) 45%
Doyle Brooks (R) 40%
Undecided/Other 15%

Doyle Brooks (R) 41%
Yuri Testikov (D) 40%
Undecided/Other 19%

Thomas Ryder (D) 43%
Dale Scott (R) 42%
Undecided/Other 15%

Christine Jang (D) 42%
Dale Scott (R) 42%
Undecided/Other 16%

Thomas Ryder (D) 43%
Heather Cooper (R) 41%
Undecided/Other 16%

Christine Jang (D) 44%
Heather Cooper (R) 42%
Undecided/Other 14%

Quote from: Jang campaign statement, February 7th, 2022
Thanks to your diligent support, we have solidified our position as a contender for the nomination. We are within the margin of error of winning the primary and lead all of our potential general election opponents. With some more hard work, I am confident that we will emerge victorious in the primary and defeat the Republicans in November.

@ChristineJang

Doyle Brooks: Thank you to all patriots who have chosen to support me, our movement grows by the day! Don't listen to the fake polls out there, those are supression polls! Just remember 2020. They had Biden up double-digits in Florida! They said he would win 413 EVs! We can absolutely win and I am in it to win! Just look at what happened in the primaries. Nobody gave me a chance at first and now even the media admits I am ahead!

Statement from Rep. Cooper: "Don't listen to Doyle Brooks. He will lose to Yuri Testikov and will lose by 8 points to Doyle Brooks. Is that what we want?"

I certainly wouldn't want Doyle Brooks to lose by 8 points to Doyle Brooks either.

1/2
February 7th, 2022

@ChristineJang

Luckily, we have candidates on the Democratic side who are much more competent and qualified than Doyle Brooks and don't have a serious case of foot-in-mouth syndrome.

2/2
February 7th, 2022
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies