Flip the 6th (gameplay thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:01:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Flip the 6th (gameplay thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: Flip the 6th (gameplay thread)  (Read 7721 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2021, 01:01:46 AM »

November 14, 2021 (Sunday): Democratic candidate Yuri Testikov volunteers with Food Not Bombs Salem at Bush's Pasture Park, distributing campaign materials similar to the newspaper ads run in Corvallis to passers-by. Another ad is due to run in the Statesman Journal later this week. He greets minor police attention at the park with a raised middle finger and jeers. Some of the other volunteers are annoyed that he seems to be egging on the unwanted presence, but ultimately no police action is taken; some of the others, on the contrary, praise him for making his displeasure known. After the men in uniform dissipate, Testikov gives a short speech to passers-by on the park green:

"It is another of capitalism's daily unconscionable horrors that we must tolerate the same cops who take delight in brutalizing the poor and minority communities of this nation attempting to shut down a rare display of selflessness and aid to the disadvantaged. It is a dangerous myth that capitalism merely leaves alone those who fail by its merits; it also does all that it can to destroy them for daring to live outside of its standards. I am running for Congress to represent the new Sixth District because we should no longer have to bear living in a world where these abuses are accepted as facts of life. As we speak, I am writing a bill to implement nationwide police abolition that I will introduce on my first day in Washington if elected."

These words are met by a mixture of applause and abuse from the small audience.

"Ah, I see we have some chuds in the audience. Why don't the lot of you go back to skinhead country or the suburbs or wherever reactionary sh-thole you're from and stop impeding our vision for the future? I'm here to fight for an Oregon and an America where the petty atrocities that you take for granted are no longer weighing on our minds and destroying our most vulnerable, not one where you take delight in them."
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2021, 02:30:15 PM »

Dale Scott spends final point on a district-wide newspaper ad

"Ted Miller: a radical who supports UBI and has a drug policy to the left of AOC & The Squad
Doyle Brooks: a radical conspiracy theorist who believes in Qanon and that Trump won the 2020 election with 410 electoral votes
Heather Cooper: a corrupt career politician, who will become a part of the Washington swamp, and has a tendency to lie
Dale Scott: a reasonable, honest candidate who can help fix our economy, and bring prosperity to Oregonians of all walks of life"

Heather Cooper's reply to Dale Scott's newspaper ad: "Funnily enough, his ad seems very similar to one I aired earlier...Mr Scott has used exactly the same talking points as I have, since he's to ignorant and clueless of policy to come up with his own conclusions. The only changes I can see are his baselessly calling me a "corrupt career politician" for serving the people of Oregon's 19th for four years, and calling himself "reasonable" rather than the big businessman, someone who thinks he can buy this seat, that he truly is. And after plagirizing my ad and then baselessly calling me corrupt, he has the audacity to say that I have a 'tendancy to lie.' It's simply laughable, but also outrageous, since Mr Scott thinks he can win over the people of Oregon's 6th through his money and baseless lies and accusations, something I'm calling him out on: the people of Oregon's 6th will see through your lies, Mr Scott, and will not elect you any more than they will elect Yuri Testikov."
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2021, 02:33:15 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2021, 02:37:32 PM by CentristRepublican »

Dale Scott holds rallies in Keizer, Albany over the weekend

Scott held a rally in Albany on Saturday night

"Something I failed to address in-depth during my first rally last week in Salem was Joe Biden. His presidency has been a failure from Day 1. His son, Hunter, was dishonorably discharged for cocaine use and dated his late brother's widow. You know what Joe did about this, he did squat. Starting on the day of his inauguration, Biden signed a ton of executive orders, with the two I'd like to address were the order halting construction on the Keystone XL Pipestone and a mask mandate for federal buildings. At the time, the COVID-19 vaccine was available to pretty much nobody, so in theory, the mask mandate was a good idea. However, later that very same day, Biden and his family went unmasked on federal property. I'm not talking about being unmasked in the private quarters of the White House. I'm talking about how the Bidens went unmasked at the Lincoln Memorial, one of the biggest attractions in Washington. Fast forward to July and Biden withdraws from Afghanistan. While I don't oppose the withdrawal, in theory, he handled it exceptionally poorly. We failed to rescue thousands of American civilians from the Taliban and we left our military equipment behind, allowing the Taliban to even further push their dictatorial reign. Under Biden's presidency, inflation has exploded, causing working families to be unable to afford everyday items. A vote for Dale Scott is a vote against the failures of Joe Biden & The Congressional Democrats, meanwhile, a vote for Heather Cooper is a vote for the establishment, and votes for Ted Miller & Doyle Brooks are essentially votes for the failures of Joe Biden because they simply cannot win a general election. I'll publicly eat my words if either Miller or Brooks wins the general election next fall. Good night y'all and drive home safely"

Scott held another rally Sunday afternoon in Keizer

"Good afternoon y'all. It pleases me to see the crowds at every rally, knowing they could be doing anything else, but they chose to come to this rally, to be the change that they want to see. Joe Biden has overseen and caused many failures. The biggest one is the economy, which is a disgrace. Working people are unable to afford basic items, which have skyrocketed in price. Even if you can afford everyday items, they aren't even on store shelves to begin with. The infrastructure bill really shows how much of a failure Biden has been. Even though he's the president, he couldn't get his own party to back his proposals until the eleventh hour. The infrastructure bill is called the Infrastructure and Jobs Act. Give me a break! This act will cost this great nation more jobs than it creates, and only about 10% of it will go to actual infrastructure. The rest of it will go to woke bureaucracies. Meanwhile, Heather Cooper is part of the same political establishment that created this mess. Doyle Brooks and Ted Miller cannot destroy it. I can. A vote for any of my primary opponents is a vote for this mess. Drive home safely, have a good rest of your day"

Heather Cooper on Dale Scott's rallies in Albany and Keizer: "It's a sign of how negative, dishonest, unfocused and clueless Mr Scott's campaign has been, that he has forgotten to even mention the Biden administration until now! It's clear he has no intention whatsoever of fighting the Washington establishment, or for that matter doing anything other than taking advantage of the middle class."
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2021, 06:11:12 PM »

Dale Scott spends final point on a district-wide newspaper ad

"Ted Miller: a radical who supports UBI and has a drug policy to the left of AOC & The Squad
Doyle Brooks: a radical conspiracy theorist who believes in Qanon and that Trump won the 2020 election with 410 electoral votes
Heather Cooper: a corrupt career politician, who will become a part of the Washington swamp, and has a tendency to lie
Dale Scott: a reasonable, honest candidate who can help fix our economy, and bring prosperity to Oregonians of all walks of life"

Heather Cooper's reply to Dale Scott's newspaper ad: "Funnily enough, his ad seems very similar to one I aired earlier...Mr Scott has used exactly the same talking points as I have, since he's to ignorant and clueless of policy to come up with his own conclusions. The only changes I can see are his baselessly calling me a "corrupt career politician" for serving the people of Oregon's 19th for four years, and calling himself "reasonable" rather than the big businessman, someone who thinks he can buy this seat, that he truly is. And after plagirizing my ad and then baselessly calling me corrupt, he has the audacity to say that I have a 'tendancy to lie.' It's simply laughable, but also outrageous, since Mr Scott thinks he can win over the people of Oregon's 6th through his money and baseless lies and accusations, something I'm calling him out on: the people of Oregon's 6th will see through your lies, Mr Scott, and will not elect you any more than they will elect Yuri Testikov."

Dale Scott responds to Heather Cooper's attacks on his newspaper ad

"First things first, you pretty much paraphrased my attack on Doyle Brooks in your ad. You seem to reject the notion that I can come up with basic attacks on my own. If you think I am of low intelligence, you seem to be forgetting that I helped run a multi-billion dollar corporation, while you were in our State House of Representatives, only caring about 2 things: your back account balance, and power. I stand against these selfish, and corrupt values"
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »

Dale Scott holds rallies in Keizer, Albany over the weekend

Scott held a rally in Albany on Saturday night

"Something I failed to address in-depth during my first rally last week in Salem was Joe Biden. His presidency has been a failure from Day 1. His son, Hunter, was dishonorably discharged for cocaine use and dated his late brother's widow. You know what Joe did about this, he did squat. Starting on the day of his inauguration, Biden signed a ton of executive orders, with the two I'd like to address were the order halting construction on the Keystone XL Pipestone and a mask mandate for federal buildings. At the time, the COVID-19 vaccine was available to pretty much nobody, so in theory, the mask mandate was a good idea. However, later that very same day, Biden and his family went unmasked on federal property. I'm not talking about being unmasked in the private quarters of the White House. I'm talking about how the Bidens went unmasked at the Lincoln Memorial, one of the biggest attractions in Washington. Fast forward to July and Biden withdraws from Afghanistan. While I don't oppose the withdrawal, in theory, he handled it exceptionally poorly. We failed to rescue thousands of American civilians from the Taliban and we left our military equipment behind, allowing the Taliban to even further push their dictatorial reign. Under Biden's presidency, inflation has exploded, causing working families to be unable to afford everyday items. A vote for Dale Scott is a vote against the failures of Joe Biden & The Congressional Democrats, meanwhile, a vote for Heather Cooper is a vote for the establishment, and votes for Ted Miller & Doyle Brooks are essentially votes for the failures of Joe Biden because they simply cannot win a general election. I'll publicly eat my words if either Miller or Brooks wins the general election next fall. Good night y'all and drive home safely"

Scott held another rally Sunday afternoon in Keizer

"Good afternoon y'all. It pleases me to see the crowds at every rally, knowing they could be doing anything else, but they chose to come to this rally, to be the change that they want to see. Joe Biden has overseen and caused many failures. The biggest one is the economy, which is a disgrace. Working people are unable to afford basic items, which have skyrocketed in price. Even if you can afford everyday items, they aren't even on store shelves to begin with. The infrastructure bill really shows how much of a failure Biden has been. Even though he's the president, he couldn't get his own party to back his proposals until the eleventh hour. The infrastructure bill is called the Infrastructure and Jobs Act. Give me a break! This act will cost this great nation more jobs than it creates, and only about 10% of it will go to actual infrastructure. The rest of it will go to woke bureaucracies. Meanwhile, Heather Cooper is part of the same political establishment that created this mess. Doyle Brooks and Ted Miller cannot destroy it. I can. A vote for any of my primary opponents is a vote for this mess. Drive home safely, have a good rest of your day"

Heather Cooper on Dale Scott's rallies in Albany and Keizer: "It's a sign of how negative, dishonest, unfocused and clueless Mr Scott's campaign has been, that he has forgotten to even mention the Biden administration until now! It's clear he has no intention whatsoever of fighting the Washington establishment, or for that matter doing anything other than taking advantage of the middle class."
Dale Scott responds to Heather Cooper's attacks on his rallies
"Coming from Heather Cooper, those attacks calling me a liar with no intent to fight the establishment are rich. In my first rally I was more focused on the people of Oregon, rather than politicians 2,400 miles who don't care about this district or those who live in it. Besides, I mention Biden in that speech, though it only happened a couple of times. While Heather Cooper might have been anti-establishment towards the beginning of her term, the swamp has devoured her."
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2021, 01:52:02 PM »

Heather Cooper proposes anti-negative campaigning agreement

An unfortunate result of primary campaigning is that already, the campaign has become unnecessarily negative on the Republican side; in particular, Dale Scott and I have been launching attacks at each other. This is counteractive to our common goal of a Republican winning in the district next November, since many of these same attacks being used now might be used by the Democratic candidate against the eventual Republican candidate (whether that be Doyle Brooks, Dale Scott, or myself). Aside from that, it is also unhelpful to conservatives across the district, who want to see meaningful proposals and actions taken against the Biden agenda. So I propose an anti-negative campaign pledge. All signatories will be pledging to not attack or slander any of the other signatories (so, for instance, if Doyle Brooks and Dale Scott were to sign this, both would be agreeing to mutually stopping their attacks against each other). This will, I think, help change the atmosphere of this primary (which is unnecessarily negative), and help us focus our attacks on our common adversaries, Joe Biden and the Democrats, who are hurting Americans in this district and elsewhere. Having proposed this agreement, I will be the first to proudly sign it, and am promising that hereonforth I will no longer be launching any negative attacks against any Republican candidate for the district who chooses to sign this agreement as well. Anyone who is interested in signing this pledge and ending negative campaigning in this primary should do so within the next week.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2021, 12:32:07 PM »

Heather Cooper proposes anti-negative campaigning agreement

An unfortunate result of primary campaigning is that already, the campaign has become unnecessarily negative on the Republican side; in particular, Dale Scott and I have been launching attacks at each other. This is counteractive to our common goal of a Republican winning in the district next November, since many of these same attacks being used now might be used by the Democratic candidate against the eventual Republican candidate (whether that be Doyle Brooks, Dale Scott, or myself). Aside from that, it is also unhelpful to conservatives across the district, who want to see meaningful proposals and actions taken against the Biden agenda. So I propose an anti-negative campaign pledge. All signatories will be pledging to not attack or slander any of the other signatories (so, for instance, if Doyle Brooks and Dale Scott were to sign this, both would be agreeing to mutually stopping their attacks against each other). This will, I think, help change the atmosphere of this primary (which is unnecessarily negative), and help us focus our attacks on our common adversaries, Joe Biden and the Democrats, who are hurting Americans in this district and elsewhere. Having proposed this agreement, I will be the first to proudly sign it, and am promising that hereonforth I will no longer be launching any negative attacks against any Republican candidate for the district who chooses to sign this agreement as well. Anyone who is interested in signing this pledge and ending negative campaigning in this primary should do so within the next week.

Signed
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2021, 01:26:35 AM »

Ryder holds rally in Salem

"Thank you all for coming here!

People often ask why I'm the sort of politician I am: a proudly progressive Democrat. After all, a private business owner is not usually the natural start for someone who supports the same policies as Senator Warren or Senator Sanders.

Nonetheless, those progressive ideals are what has made our country great. The idea of equality for all, that workers are free to join a union, that students should not be left saddled with loans their whole lives, that those at the top should pay a bit more; these are not radical ideas. Many countries in the world do the same thing already.

These ideals informed my apporach as a developer. From the start, we set out to create a business that was friendly to the environment and provided a living wage to everyone who worked for us. Paying good wages-and this is something Republicans don't realise-is simply good business.

So let's bring good business to Washington, and send a message to those who want to trample over the poor and middle class!"

Ad to play in Portland media market: Job creator for Congress

Ryder: "I was interested in how things moved around from the start. How we got places, where we built our homes, why we decided to build something here and not there. Ending up as a land developer was probably inevitable.

At Ryder Community Development, we created jobs for construction workers, planners, administrators and everything in between for people in Salem and Corvallis. We paid a living wage so our workers didn't have to worry about putting food on the table. We made sure our worker were looked after, and able to achieve their full potential.

I'm a job creator, and it's time we stopped surrendering that narrative to Republicans. I'm THomas Ryder, and I'm running for Congress."
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2021, 03:46:31 PM »

Ted Miller for Congress
Salem, Oregon

Thank you folks for coming here! I'd like to thank my employees, and the new owner of my gun shop Bill for being great employees that helped me and our customers and I'd like to start to talk about what I will accomplish in Congress. As a proud gun owner, I will make sure that our Second Amendment rights are protected and I will be a strong voice for protecting gun rights. As a small business owner, I believe we need to cut stupid regulations that hurt innovation and prevent jobs from being created, and as the only small business owner in the race, I'll be a voice in Congress that can do that, unlike the other Republican candidates who have worked in politics or are politicians.

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2021, 04:40:14 PM »

Ted Miller for Congress
Salem, Oregon

Thank you folks for coming here! I'd like to thank my employees, and the new owner of my gun shop Bill for being great employees that helped me and our customers and I'd like to start to talk about what I will accomplish in Congress. As a proud gun owner, I will make sure that our Second Amendment rights are protected and I will be a strong voice for protecting gun rights. As a small business owner, I believe we need to cut stupid regulations that hurt innovation and prevent jobs from being created, and as the only small business owner in the race, I'll be a voice in Congress that can do that, unlike the other Republican candidates who have worked in politics or are politicians.

Rep. Cooper: "Interestingly, Mr Miller's opening statement omits to mention the key fact that he would like to legalize all drugs. This is the biggest and most important cornerstone of his candidacy, and he is staying silent on it, because he realizes it will ensure he will lose. Well, folks, I think it's important, whether or not Mr Miller wants you to, that you be informed about the candidates' policies and stances, and in Mr Miller's case, it is the fact that he is a radical who'd like to legalize all drugs and freely allow massive drug abuse, a position that even AOC's Squad consider too extreme. No matter what he may say about guns or small business, no matter how much he hides this aspect of his candidacy, remember that Miller is the candidate for drug abuse."
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2021, 07:19:18 PM »

Turn II
November-December 2021

Announcements

Due to continued overlap with IRL and a busy schedule on my part, all events that occur IRL are assumed to occur here - so the only news story in this update will be the 6th Congressional District update. Feel free to peruse current news for stories to campaign on.

Additionally, the endorsement bank has been posted (2nd or so reply in the gameplay thread). Feel free to begin courting endorsements. If there is a missing major figure you wish to add to the bank, make requests in the interest thread.

Schedules are highly encouraged, if not required this turn. Speeches will also be very helpful for poll numbers. Speaking of poll numbers, I will not be taking questions on them, though I should note there is randomization involved.

6th District race heats up - polling remains tight

With just under a year remaining until Election Day 2022, the marquee open-seat race for Oregon's newly-created 6th congressional district has began to heat up. This is particularly true on the Republican side, with an unexpected burst of vitriol from multiple sides characterizing the opening days of the campaign. While Biden was mentioned, Republican candidates - Heather Cooper and Dale Scott in particular - preferred to focus on each other, though a recent agreement against negative campaigning may possibly cool the tensions. Of note was an allegedly homophobic attack employed repeatedly by Cooper against fellow Republican Ted Miller highlighting his status as a gay man - while LGBTQ+ organizations and several state Democrats, including gubernatorial frontrunner Tina Kotek have condemned this attack, Republican primary voters appear mostly indifferent (if somewhat uncomfortable), and it is unlikely swing voters will remember this incident next November without prompting. On other fronts, Cooper has successfully increased her profile among voters outside her district, but party insiders and members of our focus group have expressed concern about her tax proposal and the aforementioned negative campaigns.

Meanwhile, top rival Doyle Brooks has successfully consolidated conservative support, with hardcore Trumpists and 'Stop The Steal' demographics strongly supporting his campaign - however, more moderate GOPers and swing voters are skeptical of his candidacy. Businessman Dale Scott, meanwhile, has emerged as a winner of the first stretch of the campaign, with an imbroglio with Senator Cooper and a strong ad campaign significantly improving his visibility - and apparently, poll numbers. The last Republican in the primary, Ted Miller, was the only one to avoid negatively - however, most of his small increase in name recognition has come from the media firestorm surrounding Cooper's attacks on his candidacy, and he has struggled to respond to attacks made against him. These various developments translate to polling curiously, with recent polls showing Brooks up narrowly against Cooper, with Scott trailing despite vastly expanding his base.

The Democratic primary has, by and large, been more mild. Mainstream candidates, including Thomas Ryder, Charlotte Adams, and Christine Jang have successfully established themselves on the campaign trail, occupying increasingly clear lanes within this crowded primary. Observers note that, in particular, Ryder has been successful in acquiring both progressive and more moderate support, and that Jang's campaign seemingly has less energy around it despite soft (indicated) support from the party establishment. Meanwhile, Yuri Testikov has surprisingly caught fire among the district's activist left (centered in Corvallis), and several Oregon State leftist organizations have thrown their support behind him, registering university students to back his longshot campaign. Pundits believe the remainder of the district is 'terrified' of him - but nonetheless, he has seemingly maintained a narrow path to victory while encroaching on Thomas Ryder's Benton County base. For now, though, the Benton County commissioner holds an advantage in this tight - and for now, civil - race, with Adams and Jang fighting for second and Testikov and the (thus far absent) Talbot playing catch-up.

Polling

6th District Generic Ballot
Republican 42%
Democratic 42%
Undecided/Other 16%

Republican Primary
Doyle Brooks 20%
Heather Cooper 18%
Dale Scott 14%
Ted Miller 11%
Undecided/Other 37%

Democratic Primary
Thomas Ryder 17%
Charlotte Adams 14%
Christine Jang 14%
Eric Talbot 13%
Yuri Testikov 6%
Undecided/Other 36%

GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2021, 07:52:46 PM »

Dale Scott's schedule for the next week:
December 2: Hold a rally in Dallas
December 3. Court the endorsements of the House GOP Committee and the Oregon Chamber of Commerce, also hold a rally in Woodburn. I will pitch electability and the ability to fund my campaign to the House GOP Committee, and my support for tax cuts and deregulation to the Oregon Chamber of Commerce
December 4: Court the endorsement of Donald Trump. I will tell him I am a changed man in 2021 and that my conversion to Catholicism was a life-changing event for me. I will also talk about my support for bedrock conservative values
December 5: Hold rallies in Salem & Keizer
December 6: Hold rallies in Corvallis & Monmouth
December 7: Hold a rally in Albany, and court the endorsement of Turning Point USA through my changed values in 2021 and my opposition to Critical Race Theory
December 8: Hold rallies in Dallis & Albany
December 9: Hold rallies in Salem & Keizer

If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2021, 08:35:43 PM »

Yuri Testikov's Schedule for December 2021

December 3 (Friday): Endorsement Interview with the Oregon League of Conservation Voters in Portland

December 6 (Monday): Interview with the editors of Willamette Week in Portland

December 9 (Thursday): Meeting with State Senator Peter Courtney in Salem

December 13 (Monday): Rally at Linn County Circuit Court in Albany

December 16 (Thursday): Meeting with State Representative Dan Rayfield in Corvallis

December 17 (Friday): Protest at Corvallis City Hall with Heart of the Valley DSA

December 20 (Monday): Meeting with the Tribal Council of the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians in Siletz

December 22 (Wednesday): Rally at Newport City Hall

December 30 (Thursday): Meeting with State Representative David Gomberg in Neotsu
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2021, 08:52:48 PM »

A few events Rep. Cooper will attend this round (more will happen, but these are a few):

Heather Cooper to meet with the Oregon Right to Life in the next week
Heather Cooper to hold large rally in Salem in the next week
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2021, 08:58:02 PM »

Heather Cooper unveils an ad revealing the truth about Doyle Brooks, airs it in Eugene area (1 point) and Portland area (2 points). This ad was collaborated on by both Dale Scott's campaign for congress and Heather Cooper's campaign for Congress in an effort to raise awareness about Dale Scott's dangers.

Quote from: Informative Ad by Heather Cooper for Congress & Dale Scott for Congress
Meet Doyle Brooks. He believes in Qanon. He believes Trump won 410 electoral votes. Aside from these views being crazy, they will result in a radical, far-left Democrat such as Yuri Testikov winning the seat if Doyle Brooks is nominated. We need someone who can win, not an unelectable extremist who will never win and will give the seat to Democrats on a platter. Vote against Doyle Brooks in the Republican primary for Oregon’s 6th congressional district.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2021, 09:18:09 PM »

Rep. Cooper: "You know, something I haven't yet addressed is the media firestorm that came because I educated the voters on Dale Scott. I told it like it is - he is a gay man who'd like to legalize all drugs and supports UBI. I didn't once say his being gay was necessarily a bad thing, I just noted that different people have different opinions on that, which is one of the things that makes this country the way it is - the freedom of thought and opinion, the First Amendment. Yet the woke, left-wing mainstream media have baselessly accused me of 'homophobia' and being bigoted, and partisan, far-left Democrats such as Kate Brown have also said this. First of all, it's offensive to call those who are uncomfortable with gay people bigots. Moreover and more importantly, most of my attacks against Mr Miller were not for his being gay, but rather his support for legalizing all drugs. It's possible the left-wing media is aware of this and sympathizes with Mr Miller's position on this issue. Either way, we need to fight back against the woke, left-wing media: it's trying to stop the spread of information and is trying to silence people who express their opinions. It's playing politics itself and promoting its left wing agenda. When I'm in Congress I will fight against these partisan, far-left liars every day and fight for truth. That's one of the things my candidacy is about: fighting the left-wing mainstream media and its attempts to silence conservative voices and silence the truth to promote their far-left agenda. I will fight that every day. And I hope each and every one of you will support me in that fight, by voting Heather Cooper on Election Day (both primary and general)."
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2021, 04:53:39 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2021, 04:25:43 AM by Senator Kuumo »

December 2021 Schedule

December 2nd: Town hall at Western Oregon University in Monmouth.
December 3rd: Meet with State Representative Teresa Alonso Leon in Woodburn.
December 5th: Town hall in Woodburn.
December 8th: Meet with Latino community leaders in Salem.
December 10th: Rally in Corvallis.
December 11th: Town hall in Newport.
December 13th: Interview with the Statesman Journal in Salem.
December 16th: Meet with State Representative Paul Evans in Monmouth.
December 17th: Co-host fundraiser for the Oregon League of Conservation Voters in Portland.
December 20th: Town hall in Albany.
December 21st: Endorsement interview with the Oregon League of Conservation Voters in Salem.
December 22nd: Fundraising dinner in Salem.
December 28th: Meet with State Representative Dan Rayfield in Corvallis.
RGM2609
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2021, 12:01:58 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2021, 12:06:17 PM by RGM2609 »

Doyle Brooks will make courting the endorsement of Donald Trump the main priority in this turn and beyond. He will personally go to Mar-a-Lago on December 9th, where he will emphasize to Trump his support for him going back to 2015, his loyalty, given that he has consistently backed the former President during the past years, and his firm-held belief that the 2020 election was rigged, belief for which he got attacked by Cooper and Scott. He will also court the endorsement of Turning Point USA, Oregon Right to Life, and of the Oregon Farm Bureau, trying to schedule in-person meetings with the leaders of said organizations on the 13th, 14th, and 15th respectively, where he will emphasize his staunch conservatism and Trumpism, pro-life views and support for farmers. On the 10th he will have a virtual meeting with Ted Cruz, emphasizing his conservatism in contrast to all of his opponents, and on the 11th he will court the endorsement of the Freedom Caucus, to which he will promise he will join their ranks if elected.
RGM2609
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2021, 01:30:32 PM »

Doyle Brooks responds to Heather Cooper while in Keizer

So, ladies and gentlemen, if you live in this district, this state, this country, or this galaxy, you must have seen at least one negative ad by career politician Heather Cooper, who is deeply in the swamp and who knows that she has nothing to appeal with to Republicans or conservatives, so she is trying to slander everyone else. Now she is going hard after me, aligning herself with Never-Trumper Dale Scott, whom she has attacked repeatedly, in her desperation that she is losing ground. So here she is, accusing me of being an extremist and too right-wing to win an election. Do you know about whom these establishment fake conservatives said that about? About Donald Trump, that is right!

Now, Heather Cooper has also been involved in a scandal lately. It is not with what she said that I take an issue with necessarily, given that I know firsthand how our woke, socialist media is trying to slander Republicans. What I take an issue with is her complete, disgusting, typical for a politician lack of spine. She called him out for being gay on every occasion she got, and then when some wokers got upset, she flip-flopped to oh, that is not at all what I meant, I was just saying that for no reason. How dumb does she think we are?! This is how she will treat us as our Representative too!
RGM2609
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2021, 01:46:23 PM »

Doyle Brooks runs an ad in the Portland media market (2 points)

After viciously attacking him, spineless career politician Heather Cooper has aligned herself with Never Trumper Dale Scott in the hope of stopping Doyle Brooks, a Conservative Republican, a long-time supporter of Trump, and backer of the America First Agenda.

Despite the establishment desperately trying to stop him, Doyle will continue to fight for what he believes in, for conservative values, and for Donald Trump's agenda. As your Representative, he will do everything in his power to combat socialism, the Critical Race Theory, high prices, and taxes as well as mask mandates and restrictions! Since 1997 he has supported the conservative movement, and he will continue to do so, bringing your voice to Congress not as a politician, but as a patriot. Doyle Brooks - a real conservative for Congress.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2021, 05:50:05 PM »

@DoyleBrooks Earlier in 2021, as I have already indicated multiple times in the campaign, I had a life changing event occur in my turning to Christianity, I am now a Trump supporter and I will vote for him in 2024 if he gets the nomination
Tweeted by @DaleForOregon
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2021, 06:10:50 PM »

Dale Scott reveals reveals attack ad against Doyle Brooks he worked with Heather Cooper's campaign to produce, spending 2 points to air it in the Portland media market and 1 point to air it in the Eugene media market

Quote from: Informative Ad by Heather Cooper for Congress & Dale Scott for Congress
Meet Doyle Brooks. He believes in Qanon. He believes Trump won 410 electoral votes. Aside from these views being crazy, they will result in a radical, far-left Democrat such as Yuri Testikov winning the seat if Doyle Brooks is nominated. We need someone who can win, not an unelectable extremist who will never win and will give the seat to Democrats on a platter. Vote against Doyle Brooks in the Republican primary for Oregon’s 6th congressional district.
RGM2609
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2021, 07:06:03 PM »

Doyle Brooks @DoyleBrooksForCongress

@DaleForOregon The people will decide whether to trust someone who voted for Crooked Hillary with their vote or not and whether to believe these sudden epiphanies just before the election. However, I have a question! Is Ms. Cooper a corrupt career politician, who will become part of the Washington swamp, and has a tendency to lie, and does she only care about 2 things - her bank account balance and power or not?
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2021, 07:10:56 PM »

Dale Scott @DaleForOregon

@DoyleBrooksForCongress I have already stated that I regret my vote for Hillary. My religious conversion was purely religious. I was going to run for Congress anyway. As for Rep. Cooper, you have to meet someone to determine your opinion on them, after meeting Rep. Cooper, my opinion of her has gone up
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2021, 07:15:13 PM »

@DaleForOregon tweeted:

@DoyleBrooks Rep. Cooper proposed and anti-negative campaigning agreement. There are better things to talk about than party infighting, however the people of OR-06 need to know that you don't quite get this concept, as you failed to sign that
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies