Flip the 6th (gameplay thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:42:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Flip the 6th (gameplay thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Flip the 6th (gameplay thread)  (Read 8016 times)
RGM2609
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2022, 06:04:50 PM »

Doyle Brooks @DoyleBrooksForCongress

The fake polls are designed by the mainstream media to trick us into nominating weak RINOs who would depress turnout, giving seats to Democrats on a silver platter! Ignore them! We will have the last laugh!

Rep. Cooper: "Choose: Are the polls saying the truth (you obviously thought so when citing them as proof for my being a poor candidate), or are they lying in a massive conspiracy against you (as you've said here and in other places)? Can't have it both ways!"

I was merely pointing out your hypocrisy when you started attacking me again (and yet I thought I was doing this?) on the fake polls because...you are losing in them too. You were using a blatant double standard. I was hoping (apparently quite stupidly) that the fact that you are losing the primary despite your strong starting position would have at least taught you to choose more coherent and relevant lines of attack than this. Sad!

Rep. Cooper: "I do not question these polls and do not think I am the perfect candidate either. Of course I'm doing worse than the Democrats in these polls - but by narrow margins, and by margins within the Margin of Error. You, in contrast, are losing by very wide margins (much more than the margin of error) and if the polls are absolutely any indicator, it's clear that while I'm not doing great against the Democrats, I'm doing much better than you are and that you would get swamped against any of them, with the sole exception of Yuri Testikov (and even he might beat you, given you lead him by a mere 1 point). I've made my position clear - while these polls are imperfect, they by and large paint a picture of which way the people of Oregon's 6th district are leaning. My question remains - do you? Or do you think these polls are fraudulent (which I'd imagine you do, since you've told your supporters multiple times to 'ignore them' and said they're 'fake polls,' among other such comments)? You need to pick a lane on this - I've picked mine."

As I've said, they are fake. You are the only one seemingly confused and I doubt you will ever figure this simple thing out.

Rep. Cooper: "That's very convenient. I'd imagine any poll unfavourable to you is fake; any poll favourable to you is not fake."

I highly doubt your imaginations are of interest to the people living in this District.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2022, 09:01:10 PM »

The fake polls are designed by the mainstream media to trick us into nominating weak RINOs who would depress turnout, giving seats to Democrats on a silver platter! Ignore them! We will have the last laugh!

Dale Scott

"Did you just call yourself a RINO?"
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2022, 10:08:22 PM »

Dale Scott

This game is dead now. I at least am not playing it anymore, and I don’t think anybody else is either given that we went nearly 6 months without any activity in the game.
RGM2609
« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2022, 08:38:24 AM »

Dale Scott

This game is dead now. I at least am not playing it anymore, and I don’t think anybody else is either given that we went nearly 6 months without any activity in the game.
Personally I'd be willing to restart if there is interest from the other players and the GM.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2022, 10:37:42 PM »

Dale Scott

Personally I'd be willing to restart if there is interest from the other players and the GM.

Let's see if OBD is still up to being GM. I'm not sure I'm still willing to play now since I'm in the middle of another game and have kind of lost interest in this game, but if OBD is willing, I might be game too, we'll have to see. And if OBD is willing and I'm not, I can always have Cooper (ironically the other game I'm playing right now also has me playing as a Cooper - Roy Cooper) drop out.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2022, 01:04:21 AM »

Dale Scott

Let's see if OBD is still up to being GM. I'm not sure I'm still willing to play now since I'm in the middle of another game and have kind of lost interest in this game, but if OBD is willing, I might be game too, we'll have to see. And if OBD is willing and I'm not, I can always have Cooper (ironically the other game I'm playing right now also has me playing as a Cooper - Roy Cooper) drop out.
If there is interest from the players I suppose I can look into restarting this. However, it seems like intrest is solely on the Republican side at the moment, and I would prefer to have some of the old Democrats jump back in as well if a reboot is to occur.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2022, 04:56:08 AM »

Dale Scott

If there is interest from the players I suppose I can look into restarting this. However, it seems like intrest is solely on the Republican side at the moment, and I would prefer to have some of the old Democrats jump back in as well if a reboot is to occur.

I'd be very interested. I can manage the 2024 game and play something on a smaller scale like this.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies