Which party would you vote for in 2040 America?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:34:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which party would you vote for in 2040 America?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?
Conservatives For Truth Party
Abortionist Party
African Party of America
Islamic Political Party of North America
Soviet Communist Party of America
Confederate Communist Coalition
Primitivist Liberation Movement
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Which party would you vote for in 2040 America?  (Read 2066 times)
LBJer
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2021, 09:40:41 PM »

I voted for the Soviet Communist Party, purely because it was the one that seemed the least repugnant to me--which isn't saying much at all.  I would have voted for the Abortionist party if it didn't advocate legalizing the extermination of newborn babies.  
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2021, 02:37:15 AM »

None of these. The Conservatives for truth would be the least of the evils, but as an LGBTQ+ atheist, I'd be voting against my own morals.

Imagine believing the religious right has anything tangible against those who wish to abstain from sexual activity.

Asexuality =/= celibacy

In practice, they are the same.

Celibacy = Consciously choosing to abstain from sex or marriage

Asexuality = Having little to no sexual attraction toward either sex. Some asexuals are ok with sex, but the attraction just isn't there, while some aren't. Also, romantic attraction is different from sexual attraction in that it's about who they'd have a relationship with or date vs. have sex with. Some asexuals can still be heteroromantic (I have a friend who is a heteroromantic ace), homoromantic, biromantic, aromantic, etc. Some asexuals do get married and some even have kids.

Even still, I don’t see how the religious right would have any problem with a person who lacks sexual attraction towards people. Even if it’s some really weird denomination that thinks everyone is purposed to marry and have a family, as you said, ace people get married and have kids all the time,
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2021, 12:54:05 AM »

None of these. The Conservatives for truth would be the least of the evils, but as an LGBTQ+ atheist, I'd be voting against my own morals.

Imagine believing the religious right has anything tangible against those who wish to abstain from sexual activity.

Asexuality =/= celibacy

In practice, they are the same.

Celibacy = Consciously choosing to abstain from sex or marriage

Asexuality = Having little to no sexual attraction toward either sex. Some asexuals are ok with sex, but the attraction just isn't there, while some aren't. Also, romantic attraction is different from sexual attraction in that it's about who they'd have a relationship with or date vs. have sex with. Some asexuals can still be heteroromantic (I have a friend who is a heteroromantic ace), homoromantic, biromantic, aromantic, etc. Some asexuals do get married and some even have kids.

Even still, I don’t see how the religious right would have any problem with a person who lacks sexual attraction towards people. Even if it’s some really weird denomination that thinks everyone is purposed to marry and have a family, as you said, ace people get married and have kids all the time,

You'd be surprised. There are reasons in Orthodox Jewish theology to be extremely suspicious of anything other than actual unfeigned physical desire for one's spouse, the whole "Quiverfull" thing on the harder edge of Evangelicalism, currents within Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy that take the idea of vocation as sacrifice to a ridiculous extreme indistinguishable from just wanting what's worst for everybody, and, of course, people who are just hostile to the "identity" framework of sexuality in general and reflexively reject any terminology that that framework produces even if the term itself has no tendency towards condoning unsanctioned behavior.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2021, 03:56:59 PM »

They're all bad, but I'd vote Conservatives For Truth just as a vote against the others
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2021, 07:16:18 PM »

The Confederate Communist Coalition is easily the worst of these parties
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2021, 07:26:13 PM »

Abortionists because this system would make me want to kill myself.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2021, 07:32:37 PM »

*Me in Canada*

lol look at those Americans
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2021, 09:20:02 PM »

we're probably gonna look back at this in 2040 and think this looked optimistic. if we even still have computers, or any of us are alive at all.

everything always gets worse forever
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2021, 09:28:33 PM »

I started reading your post by thinking, "Okay, not that first party," then "Not that second one"...by the time I reached the fifth one I was hoping for some type of sanity, but then there were only Marxist parties (EDIT: there was also some other creepy anarchist party) and that's when I realized it was a mistake to open this thread.

Honestly, I'd create my own, centrist eighth party which I think would win over a lot of support from those who are sane and might even win a lot of elections.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2021, 05:59:31 AM »

I started reading your post by thinking, "Okay, not that first party," then "Not that second one"...by the time I reached the fifth one I was hoping for some type of sanity, but then there were only Marxist parties (EDIT: there was also some other creepy anarchist party) and that's when I realized it was a mistake to open this thread.

Honestly, I'd create my own, centrist eighth party which I think would win over a lot of support from those who are sane and might even win a lot of elections.
That’s not the point of this exercise. “Sane centrism” isn’t one of the given options. This hypothetical society is clearly on edge with so many murderous factions fighting for control. You’ll be a sheep in a den of wolves. I’d urge you to reconsider.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2021, 11:28:09 AM »

That’s not the point of this exercise. “Sane centrism” isn’t one of the given options. This hypothetical society is clearly on edge with so many murderous factions fighting for control. You’ll be a sheep in a den of wolves. I’d urge you to reconsider.

I guess that last one, then, because it's not wrong about how bad the human race has been for the world.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2021, 02:36:06 PM »

This sounds like a bad Netflix movie.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2021, 04:29:42 PM »

I'd choose Conservatives For Truth as I'm a Christian, but these are some horrible choices. Our current era of negativity must've greatly accelerated to the point where there is no such thing as democracy or common understanding.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2021, 04:31:56 PM »

We may disagree on some issues, but I think your centrist party would be preferable in this situation.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2021, 05:03:14 PM »

An annoying wolf pack.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2021, 01:03:26 PM »

Ugh. Conservatives for truth I guess, they are the only somewhat normal one
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2021, 02:03:21 PM »

It'd be so crazy.
Fetterman my beloved
HoosierDemocrat
Rookie

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2021, 01:07:44 PM »

PLM seems like the best option IMO, and that’s saying a lot.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies