Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 12:43:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 928 929 930 931 932 [933] 934 935 936 937 938 ... 1174
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 949146 times)
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23300 on: June 23, 2023, 07:59:11 PM »

Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #23301 on: June 23, 2023, 08:00:12 PM »

Lmao this shows how power can get over someone’s head. This millionaire mercenary believes that he can be the new Russian leader considering he’s “in charge” in the battleground.

People are being naive or blinded by their anti-Putin status quo if they think this guy ruling Russia is better for Ukraine or for the world. Keep the nuclear weapons away from the Wagner Group pls.

I don’t want him ruling Russia. Or Putin ruling Russia. What I want is chaos. Destruction of the Russian regime. Preferably in a game of thrones style free for all where Putin and all his bois end up offing eachother.

I guess you’ll have to move on to cheerleading for Xinnie the Pooh next

And creation of what exactly in its place? With these Wagner people and the current Russian regime being the contestants.

It’s not the Soviet Union that would be coming back, as much as you would love it. This Wagner Group is composed by a bunch of extremists.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #23302 on: June 23, 2023, 08:01:49 PM »

People are being naive or blinded by their anti-Putin status quo if they think this guy ruling Russia is better for Ukraine or for the world. Keep the nuclear weapons away from the Wagner Group pls.

You misunderstand. We’re not cheering for Wagner. It’s more this:

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #23303 on: June 23, 2023, 08:03:00 PM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #23304 on: June 23, 2023, 08:03:45 PM »

Better? No. Absolutely hilarious? Certainly.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #23305 on: June 23, 2023, 08:04:21 PM »

Lmao this shows how power can get over someone’s head. This millionaire mercenary believes that he can be the new Russian leader considering he’s “in charge” in the battleground.

I don’t want him ruling Russia. Or Putin ruling Russia. What I want is chaos. Destruction of the Russian regime. Preferably in a game of thrones style free for all where Putin and all his bois end up offing eachother.

I am sorry but this is beyond Moronic given how many nuclear weapons Russia has . Do you want rogue extremist groups to suddenly get access to nuclear weapons because that would just be a disaster for the world .
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23306 on: June 23, 2023, 08:05:46 PM »

Its not like anyone here has any influence at all over the situation.  If Wagner's going to get their hands on the nukes and send the entire world into hellfire, we might as well have fun sh**tposting before it happens.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23307 on: June 23, 2023, 08:06:44 PM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23308 on: June 23, 2023, 08:07:50 PM »

Just as there is no just actor in the proxy war in Ukraine, there is no just actor in this fight in Russia.

This is the time for a proletarian revolution!

Its not like anyone here has any influence at all over the situation.  If Wagner's going to get their hands on the nukes and send the entire world into hellfire, we might as well have fun sh**tposting before it happens.
Not a chance of that happening. We’ll be fine.

I suggest anyone actually terrified of their lives to just log off and do something they usually do for fun, but don’t treat this as a YOLO moment.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23309 on: June 23, 2023, 08:08:00 PM »

Where is Putin?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23310 on: June 23, 2023, 08:09:07 PM »

Where Nicholas II was on the eve of the February Revolution.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #23311 on: June 23, 2023, 08:10:44 PM »

I am being to think that this "convoy" is a ruse, and the real coup is happening behind the scene.

Huh, maybe the convoy was real after all. Though these could be Rosgvardia (National Guard) too; at least it means someone has a massive convoy headed for Rostov.

More video of (I assume) the same convoy.

Lykaon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #23312 on: June 23, 2023, 08:12:51 PM »

And creation of what exactly in its place? With these Wagner people and the current Russian regime being the contestants.

It’s not the Soviet Union that would be coming back, as much as you would love it. This Wagner Group is composed by a bunch of extremists.

A Russian civil war in which the elites all turn on and eliminate eachother. Ideally you’d get some alliance of oligarchs who want to make peace assert themselves and invite the west in to secure the nuke sites and restore order.

For all of Russia’s ery since 2008, I think they deserve the Germany 1945 treatment. Carved up and reconstituted like West Germany or Japan. Give the post Soviet and open minded generation a chance to maybe make something of Russia. Putin and the current regime are just a continuation of the Soviet regime under a different name. United Russia = CPSU
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #23313 on: June 23, 2023, 08:13:04 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2023, 08:17:03 PM by Doug Burgum Stan »

Just as there is no just actor in the proxy war in Ukraine, there is no just actor in this fight in Russia.

This is the time for a proletarian revolution!

Its not like anyone here has any influence at all over the situation.  If Wagner's going to get their hands on the nukes and send the entire world into hellfire, we might as well have fun sh**tposting before it happens.
Not a chance of that happening. We’ll be fine.

I suggest anyone actually terrified of their lives to just log off and do something they usually do for fun, but don’t treat this as a YOLO moment.

Great, PSOL is posting his nonsense here again.

The fact that you weren’t banned or muted from the thread for what you said to Andiry last year is how I know there’s no mod bias on this site.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23314 on: June 23, 2023, 08:15:25 PM »

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #23315 on: June 23, 2023, 08:24:10 PM »

I am being to think that this "convoy" is a ruse, and the real coup is happening behind the scene.

Huh, maybe the convoy was real after all. Though these could be Rosgvardia (National Guard) too; at least it means someone has a massive convoy headed for Rostov.

Wow. It looks like this convoy was Wagner:

Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #23316 on: June 23, 2023, 08:27:50 PM »

I really hope at minimum Russian communists have studied the tactics of Pol Pot, or at minimum Mao. This is a kick em while they are down moment.

Lots of weird fantasies going on here but I guess a return of a Communist Soviet Union 100 years after the first one was born is still more likely than the Western repartition of Russia some people seem to be dreaming about lol

What would really happen in a scenario of a coup though is dangerous extremists in power with their hands in nuclear weaponry.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23317 on: June 23, 2023, 08:32:55 PM »

I really hope at minimum Russian communists have studied the tactics of Pol Pot, or at minimum Mao. This is a kick em while they are down moment.

Lots of weird fantasies going on here but I guess a return of a Communist Soviet Union 100 years after the first one was born is still more likely than the Western repartition of Russia some people seem to be dreaming about lol

What would really happen in a scenario of a coup though is dangerous extremists in power with their hands in nuclear weaponry.
It really is what with the KPRF being opportunistic and other communist partisans being active against Putin. Polling indicates many people would like to see the return of a USSR, one that would be greater allies to Brazil and the global south just as it was in the old days.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #23318 on: June 23, 2023, 08:33:29 PM »

nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #23319 on: June 23, 2023, 08:35:38 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2023, 08:51:23 PM by nicholas.slaydon »

Well, whatever is going on right now in Russia, all I can say is that I know that Kyrylo Budanov has got to be sitting his in office sipping scotch and chortling at this mess.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #23320 on: June 23, 2023, 08:40:30 PM »

Just as there is no just actor in the proxy war in Ukraine

I firmly disagree. The just actor is the sovereign nation defending itself from an imperialist invasion.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23321 on: June 23, 2023, 08:41:42 PM »

This is Tom Clancy or Call of Duty sh**t.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #23322 on: June 23, 2023, 08:43:00 PM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23323 on: June 23, 2023, 08:43:43 PM »

Just as there is no just actor in the proxy war in Ukraine

I firmly disagree. The just actor is the sovereign nation defending itself from an imperialist invasion.
The current EuroMaidan regime where decisions are made in Brussels and DC has no right to existence, just as there is no right for Russia to annex Ukrainian territory over the wishes of the people living there.

This is Tom Clancy or Call of Duty sh**t.
This is what happens when you have private armies period.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #23324 on: June 23, 2023, 08:44:14 PM »

It really is what with the KPRF being opportunistic and other communist partisans being active against Putin. Polling indicates many people would like to see the return of a USSR, one that would be greater allies to Brazil and the global south just as it was in the old days.

The return of a Communist Soviet Union would be as much of a disaster as the Fall of the Old Soviet Union.

Different times, different contexts and realities. I hope it’s not what comes out of this but a Communist Russia or even Western-puppet Liberal Russia are more desirable than these hardline extremists in power, in charge of nuclear weapons. Literally anything is.

So I can enjoy Atlas different fantasies, but I just see this having disastrous consequences instead IF these people were to really go through with the chaos.
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 930 931 932 [933] 934 935 936 937 938 ... 1174  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies