Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:18:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 864 865 866 867 868 [869] 870 871 872 873 874 ... 1172
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 930391 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21700 on: May 12, 2023, 09:47:54 AM »

Lol the dude is like a day away from saying “Russia has fallen, billions must die”
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #21701 on: May 12, 2023, 10:17:29 AM »

What glorious news to wake up to.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #21702 on: May 12, 2023, 10:59:25 AM »

Again guys, still very early on. Prigozhin dooming as always. This attack was expected. I'll believe Russians are in serious danger when Klischiivka falls in the south and Berkhivka settlement in the north falls. As for now, any actual talk of encirclement of the city is inappropriate. For now there has not been any major breakthroughs.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21703 on: May 12, 2023, 11:14:01 AM »

Something I haven't seen discussed much about Wagner is that all the surviving prisonor troops who signed up in September, October, and November have had their 6 month terms all end. Survival rates weren't high but those who did survive had to have been fairly elite troops.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21704 on: May 12, 2023, 11:15:44 AM »

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21705 on: May 12, 2023, 11:36:36 AM »

Again guys, still very early on. Prigozhin dooming as always. This attack was expected. I'll believe Russians are in serious danger when Klischiivka falls in the south and Berkhivka settlement in the north falls. As for now, any actual talk of encirclement of the city is inappropriate. For now there has not been any major breakthroughs.

The Russians don't care that their American pawns bend the knee, you're still the enemy to them, they will not reward you.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21706 on: May 12, 2023, 12:38:46 PM »

I have good news for you.

Russia is planning a village for people just like you.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-may-build-village-american-conservatives-1799809
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21707 on: May 12, 2023, 12:46:00 PM »

Prigozhin may indeed be "dooming", but the mere fact he is doing so is surely an indicator that not everything is going Russia's way.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #21708 on: May 12, 2023, 12:48:05 PM »

He was fighting since 2014. He was one of those captured in Azovstal, and managed to be exchanged back.

Note: Totenkopf insignia.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #21709 on: May 12, 2023, 01:07:44 PM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21710 on: May 12, 2023, 01:51:05 PM »

Yesterday you were calling this a "Twitter offensive" (eg a nothingburger):

Yeah, no, this is a Twitter offensive. Seems like cope because I have found literally nothing. They entered some positions in a gray area west of the water channels and that's pretty much it. Meanwhile Wagner still advancing in city itself.

..when, sure, it isn't some Autumn-esque Thunder run through Kharkiv Oblast, but it's clearly more than what you thought the other day. You are so eager to tell everyone here that they are wrong and overdosing on copium that you are tripping over your own incorrect conclusions.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #21711 on: May 12, 2023, 02:20:40 PM »

Prigozhin looks like an angry gnome. Anyway I thought Bakhmut was supposed to fall in February what gives??? The Sons of Kovpak are much better at war than Yevgeny and Vlad.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21712 on: May 12, 2023, 02:26:45 PM »

Something I haven't seen discussed much about Wagner is that all the surviving prisonor troops who signed up in September, October, and November have had their 6 month terms all end. Survival rates weren't high but those who did survive had to have been fairly elite troops.
I guess that's one positive thing for Wagner admist a lot of bad news.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21713 on: May 12, 2023, 02:37:19 PM »

Inertia in mud season can be overcame, but perhaps it has been sorely underestimated.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #21714 on: May 12, 2023, 03:58:35 PM »

I don't see Klischiivka and Berkhivka having much to do about anything. The danger to Ukraine was the cutting off of the access road. With the Russians now having fled to behind the two water barriers, the access road appears to be safe. In fact, it is now more "protected" by the two bodies of water. So if Wagner etc want to throw more bodies for slaughter against the Ukraine defensive line, they can keep doing so. The idea I suspect is to get Russia to have as many forces as possible committed to the Bahkmut meat grinder. Best of all would be to have Putin himself go down there and lead the charge.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #21715 on: May 12, 2023, 04:09:39 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2023, 04:12:48 PM by Devout Centrist »

No, it's just that the Ukrainian probing attacks have melted the Russian lines like butter. Is this the fabled spring counteroffensive? Probably not, but this is a truly pathetic result after the whole Wagner-Bakhmut fiasco.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #21716 on: May 12, 2023, 04:13:34 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2023, 04:21:08 PM by Storr »

A sitting member of the Russian Duma injured (looks to be lightly, if at all) by an AFU attack on Luhansk city. And yes, his English wikipedia profile picture makes him look like a Star Wars villain:

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21717 on: May 12, 2023, 04:20:12 PM »

A sitting member of the Russian Duma injured (looks to be lightly) by an AFU attack on Luhansk city. And yes, his wikipedia profile picture makes him look like a Star Wars villain:

This is the Russian wikipedia article about him
(Left-click for Google Translate into English)
He was made a "Hero of the Lug-ansk People's Republic (2022)".
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21718 on: May 12, 2023, 04:30:49 PM »

I guess that's one positive thing for Wagner admist a lot of bad news.

No its bad news for Wagner because they are no longer serving. The MOD also stopped the Wagner recruitment process.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #21719 on: May 12, 2023, 04:42:26 PM »

Prigozhin looks like an angry gnome. Anyway I thought Bakhmut was supposed to fall in February what gives??? The Sons of Kovpak are much better at war than Yevgeny and Vlad.

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #21720 on: May 12, 2023, 04:53:46 PM »

Maybe your greatest meme ever.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #21721 on: May 12, 2023, 05:00:57 PM »

Merrick Garland has OK’d the transfer of frozen Russian assets to Ukraine.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/us-attorney-general-oks-transfer-forfeited-funds-russia-oligarch-use-ukraine-2023-05-10/
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21722 on: May 12, 2023, 05:01:52 PM »

Russia tried to destroy US-made Patriot system in Ukraine.

Russia tried to destroy a US-made Patriot air defense system in Ukraine last week with a hypersonic missile, two US officials told CNN.

The attack failed, and the Ukrainian military instead intercepted the missile using the Patriot system, the officials said, marking their first known successful Ukrainian use of the advanced air defense system only weeks after it arrived in country.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/12/politics/russia-patriot-missiles-ukraine/index.html

It's seems that Woody's hypersonic missiles failed.
Smiley
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #21723 on: May 12, 2023, 05:07:21 PM »

Russia tried to destroy US-made Patriot system in Ukraine.

Russia tried to destroy a US-made Patriot air defense system in Ukraine last week with a hypersonic missile, two US officials told CNN.

The attack failed, and the Ukrainian military instead intercepted the missile using the Patriot system, the officials said, marking their first known successful Ukrainian use of the advanced air defense system only weeks after it arrived in country.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/12/politics/russia-patriot-missiles-ukraine/index.html

It's seems that Woody's hypersonic missiles failed.
Smiley
Russian wonderweapons/marketing stunts failed to have any noticeable impact? I’m shocked, shocked,
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #21724 on: May 12, 2023, 05:09:13 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 864 865 866 867 868 [869] 870 871 872 873 874 ... 1172  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies