The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:24:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)  (Read 11272 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2020, 05:39:59 PM »

Is it dead now considering that Labor considers the DA and Greens as shadow right wingers?
IT'S ALIVE!

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2020, 05:53:51 PM »

Nice Photoshoping and wikipedia editing Smiley However Mary Shelley is the undead according to you.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »

Nice Photoshoping and wikipedia editing Smiley However Mary Shelley is the undead according to you.

Well, Encke already beat you to that first Wink

If the right is dead, at least we can refer to the left, fittingly, as the 'undead' now.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2020, 06:23:40 PM »

Now seriously, OBD is right in this. This was a bad election for the left, but it was not necesarily good for the right. Here is a graph I made today for Laborcord:

Sure, Labor and our allies are at a very bad point and have dropped by a lot. But notice how it's not like the Federalists have stayed steady; but rather they've actively regressed to only 2 seats and have dropped below 30% of the PV.

Let us not forget that the Federalists being cut to 2 seats was a very realistic possibility during election weekend.

In fact, had they actually dropped to 2 I would have bumped this thread, even if Ted and/or Blair had lost (instead of winning and tying respectively)

The current rise of third parties has harmed Labor much more than the Federalists, though The question for the right imo is whether the 30% from this election is their floor, or whether it is their ceiling and they can go even further down to something like 25%.

It is not inconcievable an scenario where the DA rivals with the Federalists for main opposition. It is not particularly likely, but it is not inconcievable.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2020, 07:45:23 PM »

The Feds "outsource" the opposition to the DA and Feds outside the South and sometimes fills the Feds slots with DAers, see the South from what I see and I'd guess if tmth runs for Governor in October, Weatherboy will likely fill a slot regardless if tmth runs for Governor and the Feds will have to find a replacement for Spark's and Jessica's slots, and the Feds will have to get some of their old Delegates by re recruiting them into the game (Santander) or getting them to run again, (hillgoose, Bagel). However, the Greens have only 3 people to run, while the DA can run a lot of people because many of the people are experienced and aren't zombies.

Santander would be on the left if he rejoined. This isn't 2016 anymore.

Look I don't think you discord analysts understand anything about the right in this game or in general. We are not here to be absorbed by anyone. We will work with people when it is in our interest and the game's interest to do so, but we have a set of values that the other parties would never adequately represent.

Most of the Feds are pro-gun, almost all of them believe that too much power has been concentrated in Nyman at the expense of the regions and the people, nearly all of them believe that gov't has been very irresponsible with how spending is being done. We believe in stronger families (though have different ideas about how to obtain that) and many of us are pro-life.

Now whether or not we can get people to actually run for office is another matter and whether we can convince conservatives to there is a possibility of success and thus it is worth coming back and investing time we will have to see.

There will never be a late 2007 or early 2008 (no conservative or center right party) scenario playing out as long as I have something to say about it. On the other hand, I cannot say what level the right is going to stabilize at because I do not know what level or when the Atlas demographics are going to stabilize at and begin to reverse.

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2020, 09:14:33 PM »

The Feds "outsource" the opposition to the DA and Feds outside the South and sometimes fills the Feds slots with DAers, see the South from what I see and I'd guess if tmth runs for Governor in October, Weatherboy will likely fill a slot regardless if tmth runs for Governor and the Feds will have to find a replacement for Spark's and Jessica's slots, and the Feds will have to get some of their old Delegates by re recruiting them into the game (Santander) or getting them to run again, (hillgoose, Bagel). However, the Greens have only 3 people to run, while the DA can run a lot of people because many of the people are experienced and aren't zombies.

Santander would be on the left if he rejoined. This isn't 2016 anymore.

Look I don't think you discord analysts understand anything about the right in this game or in general. We are not here to be absorbed by anyone. We will work with people when it is in our interest and the game's interest to do so, but we have a set of values that the other parties would never adequately represent.

Most of the Feds are pro-gun, almost all of them believe that too much power has been concentrated in Nyman at the expense of the regions and the people, nearly all of them believe that gov't has been very irresponsible with how spending is being done. We believe in stronger families (though have different ideas about how to obtain that) and many of us are pro-life.

Now whether or not we can get people to actually run for office is another matter and whether we can convince conservatives to there is a possibility of success and thus it is worth coming back and investing time we will have to see.

There will never be a late 2007 or early 2008 (no conservative or center right party) scenario playing out as long as I have something to say about it. On the other hand, I cannot say what level the right is going to stabilize at because I do not know what level or when the Atlas demographics are going to stabilize at and begin to reverse.

Santander is a blue avatar again.  Tongue
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2020, 06:38:57 AM »

Oct 18: Labor+8
Dec 18: Labor+10
Feb 19: Opposition+8
Apr 19: Labor+11
Jun 19: Labor+6
Aug 19: Labor+13
Oct 19: Labor+26
Dec 19: Labor+12
Feb 19: Labor+11
Apr 19: Labor+10
Jun 19: Labor+26
Aug 19: Opposition+3

That swing is brutal!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2020, 06:41:33 AM »

That swing is brutal!

Only if you consider Green and DA to be opposition of Labor. I believe we can work together, along with the Feds even, to have a great delegation. Will you join?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2020, 06:44:07 AM »

That swing is brutal!

Only if you consider Green and DA to be opposition of Labor. I believe we can work together, along with the Feds even, to have a great delegation. Will you join?
There are negotiations ongoing. Im sure we could work well together. I certainly could join but it depends on what is proposed.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2020, 09:47:41 AM »

That swing is brutal!

I guess it'd be better to call it the "non-Labor bloc" Tongue
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2020, 05:00:02 AM »

That swing is brutal!

I guess it'd be better to call it the "non-Labor bloc" Tongue

*Pericles is triggered*
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2020, 08:23:16 PM »

Bumped after tack's victory, MB's victory and the Labor majority in the House and LT's close call and the competitive race for Governor.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2020, 05:10:24 AM »

Ishan definitely bumped this way too early but uh, I guess he was right and has been #vindicated.

If the count ends up as expected the result might be 5-2-2 and another Labor victory over the opposition. Hell, it looks like this election will be just barely below something like Feb 2020, despite Labor having lost a ton of ground lately!

Although I do think that as things stand now this is our ceiling, not our floor. I will mantain that this election was winnable for the right; much like how Feb 20 was winnable. In fact it was much more winnable than Feb 20 (who was winnable only if the stars alligned just right). The only "lost cause" elections in recent times are Jun 20 (though a ticket that was actually reasonable would have done much better) and maybe Oct 19 (again, the Griffin landslide was preventable)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #163 on: October 26, 2020, 08:50:53 AM »

Mark my words: The Atlasian right will have the same problem in exactly two years that the Atlasian left also has right now.

Atlasian politics are heavily influenced by IRL American politics. Right now, there is a lot of favorability towards the left, so expect the forum to be filled with liberals and leftists. However, when the Republicans rebuild their turf, the playing field will be a lot easier.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #164 on: October 26, 2020, 08:58:51 AM »

Mark my words: The Atlasian right will have the same problem in exactly two years that the Atlasian left also has right now.

Atlasian politics are heavily influenced by IRL American politics. Right now, there is a lot of favorability towards the left, so expect the forum to be filled with liberals and leftists. However, when the Republicans rebuild their turf, the playing field will be a lot easier.
This has been the constant talking point but the demographics of internet users these days greatly favors the left. There just aren't as many online right wingers who could flood the forum. Atlas's demographics are very different from the past, as it increasingly consists more of the always online left types.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2020, 09:11:03 AM »

This has been the constant talking point but the demographics of internet users these days greatly favors the left. There just aren't as many online right wingers who could flood the forum. Atlas's demographics are very different from the past, as it increasingly consists more of the always online left types.
Also, the new users aren't "Anti-Establishment" Lefties as well, and even in Fremont, the region where anti-establishment lefties do well in, in May 2020, PSOL got me and himself for Anti-Establishment Lefties, and he got Forumlurker after PMing half of Fremont, and tmth helped him get Deriech and Minute Maid Juice, the new users are DNC loyalists and Pro-Establishment.

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2020, 09:12:26 AM »

Just invite r/The_Donald members here, duh. Tongue

(Just kidding, please, for the love of God, don't do that.)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2020, 09:14:22 AM »

Just invite r/The_Donald members here, duh. Tongue

(Just kidding, please, for the love of God, don't do that.)
Deadprez has jokingly suggested that he could find 30 libertarians but they would end up in Labor.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2020, 09:46:03 AM »

If the count ends up as expected the result might be 5-2-2 and another Labor victory over the opposition. Hell, it looks like this election will be just barely below something like Feb 2020, despite Labor having lost a ton of ground lately!

Although I do think that as things stand now this is our ceiling, not our floor. I will mantain that this election was winnable for the right; much like how Feb 20 was winnable. In fact it was much more winnable than Feb 20 (who was winnable only if the stars alligned just right). The only "lost cause" elections in recent times are Jun 20 (though a ticket that was actually reasonable would have done much better) and maybe Oct 19 (again, the Griffin landslide was preventable)

The DA had like 10 Laborite voters switching at most and most of the DA were Indys/other parties.

Also, it would have been 5-3-1 if Labor didn't push Poirot. I wonder why they didn't do a write in, but I guess that they ran out of candidates.

Although I do think that as things stand now this is our ceiling, not our floor.

We got like nearly every possible defection we could except for a few that we didn't try on (KaiserDave).

I will mantain that this election was winnable for the right;
If the Greens still existed and PSOL wasn't in FULL control, it maybe would be winnable.

much like how Feb 20 was winnable
If MB switched parties or ran as a Peace/Indy sure.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2021, 12:23:45 AM »

Bumping this due to Jambles's victory.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2021, 04:20:56 AM »

I thought of bumping this to create "The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian left" but apparently it will not be needed Tongue

To be honest this election was insane in so many ways
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2021, 04:31:45 AM »

If you had told me 36 hours ago this would be bumped I thought it’d be for ridicule following a 15 or so vote loss.

Tbh idk what to say rn though I’ll probably have more to say tomorrow.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2021, 06:55:36 AM »

Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2021, 07:18:54 AM »

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2022, 03:08:07 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2022, 01:18:14 AM by YE »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/944678278826971240/945222725629247488/unknown.png
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies