Office of WD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:18:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of WD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of WD  (Read 1841 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2021, 11:42:21 PM »
« edited: May 15, 2023, 11:42:56 PM by WD »

Office of Senator Western Democrat

Pacific Senator

Chairman of the Labor Party

Proud Fremonter

Welcome to my office! Here I will issue statements regarding developments in both the Senate and Atlasian politics as a whole. Feel free to ask any questions you have as well.

(1) Source: https://www.historylink.org/file/9661
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 11:44:19 PM »

Statement regarding recent developments in Lincoln

Fellow Fremonters and Atlasians alike; on the eve of the inauguration of our new President and the commencement of my second term as Senator, I am pleased to announce that a great blow has been dealt to Wulfricism.

In his sinister attempt to ban McDonalds and thus threaten the liberties of Irish Atlasians, Wulfric has been stopped in his tracks. First Minister Truman, Governor KaiserDave and myself stepped up to intervene in these bone chilling affairs taking place in Lincoln and stopped Wulfric’s plans in his tracks.

Wulfricism represents a threat to our Republic like no other, and I will never waver in the fight against it. I urge all patriots to join me in this struggle, for it is far from over. I am confident that as long as we in the FREE WEST stand strong, victory is assured.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 11:35:55 AM »

Statement On Presidential Inauguration

It was a pleasure to attend the inauguration ceremonies today for President Scott and Vice President Minola. The peaceful transfer of power is a hallowed tradition in this Republic and it has continued so forth. I enthusiastically supported and voted for President Scott and I, like most Atlasians am eager to see what his administration has to offer. I have high hopes for the future, and as I begin my second term as your Senator I will continue to bring Fremont values to Nyman. I intend to make bold strides to build upon the New Great Society, strengthen and expand our welfare state, put workers first, and of course, continue the struggle against Wulfricism.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 01:22:19 AM »

Statement on Wulfric

Religious liberty and tolerance are values paramount to the strength of this Republic. Horrifically, it has been revealed that Wulfric, the Speaker of the Lincoln General Court, does not share these values, and is instead a radical zealot. He has been exposed for the contempt and disdain he has for the Jewish people of Atlasia. Bigotry and Know-Nothingism are the values of those who threaten and denigrate our country, and shameless reprobates like Wulfric should and must be condemned by all patriots from coast to coast.

It is with the utmost urgency that the Senate should pass my resolution condemning Wulfricism. I would be quite disheartened to see any Senator side with a man who has made his vitriolic hatred for his countrymen known, who has been cast out by his own political party, and who has refused to gather what dignity he has left and resign.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 11:31:22 PM »

Will Pacific Senator Western Democrat have to open a separate office from At-Large Senator Western Democrat? Inquiring minds need to know.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 02:14:12 PM »

Will Pacific Senator Western Democrat have to open a separate office from At-Large Senator Western Democrat? Inquiring minds need to know.

I don’t intend to, no. Although, thank you for reminding me to amend the title here in my office  Grin
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 04:37:23 AM »

Statement on Re-election

Last week I officially announced that I will be running for another term in the Senate. Over the past few months I have done nothing but deliver for Fremont. My record is one that reflects the values of the Free West.

I have taken a stand against Wulfricism, and thankfully, we have defeated him once and for all. I am working closely with the Scott Administration to pass the New Great Society Act, which I personally wrote. Just to mention a few provisions, it will create jobs, boost incomes, secure retirement for our seniors, and ensure no student goes hungry. I also voted to empower and uplift workers with an amendment to enshrine the right to organize and collectively bargain in our constitution.

At home in Fremont, under the leadership of First Minister Truman, we have brought bread, peace, and land to the working classes, and we shall bring the same to our Republic from coast to cost. The goal of both the Labor Party and I is to create a more prosperous society for the common man, a society where wealth and power is not concentrated in the hands of a few, and where it is the laborer and the farmer who control their destiny. My goal remains to bring Fremont values to Nyman, and I hope you will join me. We have accomplished much, but work remains.

Thank you, and Dave bless Atlasia.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 11:31:29 AM »

Endorsed wholeheartedly!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 03:15:07 PM »

Statement on the failure of the Labor Rights Amendment in the Senate

My fellow patriots, I am (not so) shocked and appalled that the Senate has failed to act on this important measure. This is a historic amendment that would enshrine respect for workers in our constitution. It is not controversial, and does not mandate anyone join a Union, and instead states that “the right of the working people to organize and bargain collectively shall not be infringed”. Yet certain Senators, unsurprisingly some of whom hail from the Anti-Union, Anti-Worker, Pro-Big Business South, voted no. This is a nation that values the dignity of work. They voted against the people. They voted to keep wages down, and they voted to keep workers from having a voice on the job.

Shame comes to all who refuse to stand with the laborers who build this great country. Our party believes that Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. This fight is far from over and I look forward to what legislation President Scott will submit on this matter
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2021, 12:58:09 AM »

Endorsed entirely. The Republic will not succeed without him.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2021, 01:37:39 AM »

A strong, passionate representative for the great city of Eugene and the great state of Oregon. Most heartily endorsed!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2021, 05:01:12 AM »

(The following is taken from a speech given at a campaign rally in Eugene, Oregon)

It’s glad to be back home in Eugene, one of the most beautiful cities of the west. Folks, it’s cities like this that will decide the next election. As the Senator for the Pacific Subregion, I simply ask to entrust me as your advocate in Nyman for another term. But I also need all of you to get out and vote and to re-elect a Labor Senate. I ask all Fremonters to support my colleague Senator Ishan of the Mountain West, and to support the entire Labor slate for national senate. Over these past few months the Labor majority has done nothing but deliver for the people.  We have passed legislation to protect worker’s privacy, we have stood up to Wulfricism, we have supported the right of workers to organize and collectively bargain, and we have been tough on crime, by standing up to the criminals of the south.

On the other hand, you have the Federalists. A party that has opposed attempts to uplift workers by standing on the side of union busters, and a party that is demonstrably soft on crime, as shown by their defense of unscrupulous public officials. The contrast could not be clearer; The party of the South, the party of big business, the party of weakness and lawlessness. The Federalists are the ideological successors to Taney, Buchanan and Calhoun. We, the Labor Party, are the party of the farmer and the laborer. We are the party of the Free West, and of northern patriots. We are the students of Lincoln, Jefferson, and Fremont.

If you elect a Federalist Senate, you will undo all of the progress this country has seen. You will vote to put in power politicians who are weak on crime, anti-worker, and who will coddle the rich. The people of Fremont and the Pacific know; Labor’s values and their values are one in the same. The people of the Pacific want law and order, they want to be rewarded for their work and labor, and above all else they do not want this to become a rich man’s country. With a Labor Majority, and me as your Senator, your values always come first.

This weekend, vote Labor!

(1) Source: https://www.historylink.org/file/9661
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2021, 09:58:25 AM »

Well said! We will never vote for the Federalist rich man's party, which is the party of wars, higher taxes, and Puritanical moralism! Nor will we vote for their evil twin, the so-called "Patriot" party, whose contempt for the rights of our beloved regions knows no bounds. THE PEOPLE are firm behind LABOR and SENATOR WESTERN DEMOCRAT!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2021, 10:02:08 AM »

It would be a shame if Western Democrat wasn't sent back to the Senate as he is one of the most active Senators. Endorsed.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2021, 02:23:22 AM »

Statement on the midterm elections

I want to begin by thanking everyone who turned out this weekend to vote. Allow me to congratulate each and everyone of our newly elected and re-elected Senators, and I look forward to working with you all in the next session. I also want to thank the people of the Pacific for electing me to a 3rd term.

The results of this election, in which the voters maintained a Labor senate majority, are clear. The policies that this administration has perused are what the people want. They want investments in infrastructure, they want a government that puts workers first, they want law and order, and above all they support the common sense platform of the Labor Party. I shall continue to advance the policies of our party and those of President Scott in this next session.

I would also like to make it known that I intend to run to serve as President Pro Tempore of the Senate. I shall bring to this role vigor and urgency, and my goal will be the smooth operation of the Senate, above all else. I wish all Atlasians a wonderful holiday, and I look forward to what the new year brings.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2021, 02:51:19 AM »

AWB repeal

I’m very pleased to see that the Senate recently passed, and the President signed into law my legislation to roll back the most egregious provisions of the federal assault weapon ban. The vote to pass the bill was a bipartisan vote, garnering support from Senators from all parties - Labor, Federalist, and Revolutionary Communist. Evidently, support for the right to bear arms is a cause that unites Atlasians of all political persuasions. As your Senator, I always have and always will support gun rights and will oppose any effort to encroach on them. This issue is far from settled, however, and I hope that we can work towards a full and total repeal of the AWB in the near future.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2022, 07:14:47 PM »

Election as PPT

Today, I had the honor of being elected by my colleagues in the Senate to server as President Pro Tempore. I assume this office with the utmost commitment to speedy, effective, and non-partisan administration of the chamber’s business. As PPT, I have issues two orders: One to appoint Senator Cao as Deputy PPT; Senator Cao has done an exemplary job as PPT in these past few weeks and I cannot think of a better person for the role.

Order of the President Pro-Tempore
To provide for consistent administration of the Senate and compliance with the rules of the chamber

I hereby appoint Senator Joseph Cao Deputy President Pro-Tempore of the Senate.

For the second order, I have established the position of Leader of the Opposition in the Senate. This role, I believe, will be important for uplifting and amplifying the voice of the legislative minority. It would also be my hope, that going forward it becomes a tradition and custom for a member of the minority to be named Opposition Leader. I believe that Senator Spark will be an excellent candidate for this role.

To provide for consistent administration of the Senate and compliance with the rules of the chamber

I hereby establish the office of Leader of the Opposition of the Senate of the Republic and appoint Senator Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2022, 07:58:19 PM »

Election as PPT

Today, I had the honor of being elected by my colleagues in the Senate to server as President Pro Tempore. I assume this office with the utmost commitment to speedy, effective, and non-partisan administration of the chamber’s business. As PPT, I have issues two orders: One to appoint Senator Cao as Deputy PPT; Senator Cao has done an exemplary job as PPT in these past few weeks and I cannot think of a better person for the role.

I hereby appoint Senator Joseph Cao Deputy President Pro-Tempore of the Senate.

For the second order, I have established the position of Leader of the Opposition in the Senate. This role, I believe, will be important for uplifting and amplifying the voice of the legislative minority. It would also be my hope, that going forward it becomes a tradition and custom for a member of the minority to be named Opposition Leader. I believe that Senator Spark will be an excellent candidate for this role.

I hereby establish the office of Leader of the Opposition of the Senate of the Republic and appoint Senator Spark

Congratulations Mr. PPT. On behalf of the Republic, I look forward to serving.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 06:27:23 PM »

Dwarven Dragon is hereby barred from entering the Senate chamber on account of his constant disruption of proceedings and encouragement of abusing the rules of the chamber.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2022, 07:00:52 PM »

Another humiliating defeat for Wulfricism. The battle rages on.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2022, 05:06:18 AM »

Statement on abuse of Senate rules

This new session of the Senate has been going quite smoothly thus far. It has been a smooth stream of bills from the Senate floor to President Scott’s desk. Bills are being drafted, amendments are being debated and voted on. This chamber is proudly discussing the issues that the people care about; Healthcare, Labor Rights, Protecting domestic industry, and defending gun rights.

Now, allow me to touch on that last point. There is a bill on the floor, with the support of a majority of Senators, the repeal the draconian Assault Weapons Ban. However, some Senators, (and I will not name names, you know who you are), have taken it upon themselves to abuse the rules, to delay and block the legislative process. A filibuster, if you will. We have seen frivolous, bad faith amendments introduced one after another, and when I take such amendments off the floor, motions are made to overrule me. The rules state that only 1/3 of the Senate is necessary for such a motion.

Here we have a minority of Senators using obstructionist tactics to deny the wishes of the majority. Let me make it clear, I wholeheartedly condemn these actions, for they make the Senate weaker as an institution. The precedent this sets is horrifying; Senators drafting nonsensical amendment after amendment, overruling the PPT with a super-minority, and prolonging debate with no way to end it.  This is holding the Senate hostage to the demands of a minority and it will not stand.

Changes to the Senate rules, to ensure such abuses cannot be continued are under consideration. Gun rights is a bipartisan affair, and the will of the people shall prevail.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2022, 09:56:07 AM »

Dwarven Dragon is hereby barred from entering the Senate chamber on account of his constant disruption of proceedings and encouragement of abusing the rules of the chamber.

Mr. PPT,

Presumably, this decision has been made to encourage the AWB repeal bill that you, I, and the President support. However, I don't think it is helpful for democracy to bar any citizen* from the Senate chamber. The Atlasian Congress should be the people's house.

*i.e., any citizen who is not threatening the safety of Senators, a violent criminal pre-trial (i.e., on the run), etc.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2022, 05:17:22 PM »

On recent events regarding Kansas

Last night, the legislature of the South declared their intend to spark rebellion and plunge this great nation into conflict and bloodshed. They have declared that any attempt to rectify the injustice of Kansas being in the South shall be met with a declaration of war. Anyone who is not in the pocket of Southern imperialists knows that Kansas is Fremont. They are Fremonters in their blood, spirit, and mind. Kansas being a Southern state is a mere accident of history; and if you ask any Kansan where he or she feels more at home in, they would say Fremont.

In the terroristic and dictatorial bill signed by the Governor of the South, they have declared that whenever the political will arises to fix the Kansas mistake or if Kansans themselves seek to free themselves from the Southern occupation, the South shall take up arms against fellow Atlasians and commence a state of war. The Southern Government self evidently will engage in rebellion against the lawfully elected government of this Republic to maintain territory which they do not own and have no rights to. I implore the President and the Attorney General to take immediate and swift action to secure the peace and protect Kansas, Fremont, and Atlasia from Southern aggression.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2022, 08:03:57 PM »

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2022, 08:17:54 PM »

The imperialist radical left clearly has no respect for the Constitution. Hell, they won't even accept the legitimacy of Southern elections, by and large.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies