Rate CT-Gov
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:19:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rate CT-Gov
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Rate CT-Gov
Safe D

Likely D

Lean D

Tilt D

Pure Tossup

Tilt R

Lean R

Likely R

Safe R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 97

Author Topic: Rate CT-Gov  (Read 1743 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2021, 06:07:08 PM »

Likely D. Incumbent governors rarely lose anyway, and Lamont doesn't fit the profile of one who will.
choclatechip45
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2021, 09:00:47 PM »

Safe D. Lamont is the most popular Governor in years in CT. If Republicans couldn't win in 2014 with Malloy being unpopular and one of the best years for Republicans it will be hard for them to win in 2022.

Do you think if a big name like Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, a Republican, ran, he would make it competitive?

I doubt it. Depends if Cashman runs as a moderate or not the one thing that would help him with independents is Cashman has not been involved in local politics but that could hurt him getting the GOP nomination. If the GOP had nominated Erin Stewart in 2018 she probably beats Lamont.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2021, 12:27:36 AM »

Safe D. Lamont is the most popular Governor in years in CT. If Republicans couldn't win in 2014 with Malloy being unpopular and one of the best years for Republicans it will be hard for them to win in 2022.

Do you think if a big name like Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, a Republican, ran, he would make it competitive?

I doubt it. Depends if Cashman runs as a moderate or not the one thing that would help him with independents is Cashman has not been involved in local politics but that could hurt him getting the GOP nomination. If the GOP had nominated Erin Stewart in 2018 she probably beats Lamont.

Why is Bronz so obsessed with these sports figures coming out of nowhere to run for political office, it's dumb.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2021, 03:25:39 AM »

Likely D

Republicans lost their best possible recruit in Erin Stewart when she declined to run, and while Lamont is theoretically vulnerable (Connecticut is not as Democratic as Massachusetts or New York), it's very unlikely a strong challenger will unseat him.
choclatechip45
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2021, 03:04:09 PM »

Why is Bronz so obsessed with these sports figures coming out of nowhere to run for political office, it's dumb.

Yeah I don't really understand why Cashman would run when he has a job plus he has always kept a low profile.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2021, 03:19:08 PM »

Likely Democratic.

Lamont seems pretty popular ever since the pandemic. If Republicans couldn't even oust Malloy in 2014, they most likely can't get Lamont out.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2021, 06:24:37 PM »

Yeah I don't really understand why Cashman would run when he has a job plus he has always kept a low profile.

Cashman is a staunch Republican, he is a friend of Justice Brett Kavanaugh, and he supported his nomination, he probably voted for Trump as well. Kavanaugh and Cashman went to school together. He could pour millions to the CTGOP. He would make the race competitive plus put Darien into the GOP column again. He lives in Darien.

He could run in 2022 or 2026---if the Yankees continue to fail playoff wise, I can see him leaving the organization and heading into politics.
mpbond
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2021, 02:24:38 PM »

A lot of the rating here would depend on whether or not the issues that played in VA and on Long Island will apply to this very suburban state.  Democrats have a structural advantage in CT but if CT suburbanites are more concerned about quality of life issues and not national liberal issues, the race could get interesting.  CT may be a test as to whether the shift to the GOP on Long Island was a temporary glitch or the beginning of a greater suburban realignment.

Why just long Island? Democrats did very well in Westchester. They only lost one seat.

Westchester is very different from Long Island; it is less working class and more upper class.  It also has more urbanized communities (Mount Vernon, Yonkers, White Plains) than Long Island.

Sooooo... like Connecticut. Most of the state is upper class areas (Fairfield Co., Hartford Suburbs) and Urbanized areas like Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, etc. There are WWC areas in the more rural Western & Eastern corners of the state, but they're not nearly as large or influential as Long Island's WWC communities.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2021, 04:03:28 PM »

Safe D
choclatechip45
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2021, 07:30:22 PM »

Cashman is a staunch Republican, he is a friend of Justice Brett Kavanaugh, and he supported his nomination, he probably voted for Trump as well. Kavanaugh and Cashman went to school together. He could pour millions to the CTGOP. He would make the race competitive plus put Darien into the GOP column again. He lives in Darien.

He could run in 2022 or 2026---if the Yankees continue to fail playoff wise, I can see him leaving the organization and heading into politics.

Darien is going to be won by anyone who runs for governor who is a republican. I just googled Brian Cashman republican and he went to high school with Neil Gorsuch and supported him. He isn't a big donor to the CT GOP. I really doubt Cashman is going to go into politics. I doubt he wants his divorce making news again.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2021, 08:50:44 AM »

Bronz, Brian Cashman would literally be better off carpetbagging back to New York and running for office there. There's probably a House seat somewhere, or maybe a downballot statewide office (Comptroller perhaps) that he could run for.
kwabbit

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2021, 03:33:43 AM »

If the Yankees continue to lose in the playoffs, wouldn’t that demolish most of the political goodwill Cashman would have from his position? He’s already not that popular.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies