Which State Election would be a great setting for a game?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:53:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Which State Election would be a great setting for a game?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Game?
VA Gov 2009
NY Gov 2010
FL Gov 2010
GA Gov 2018
MN Sen 2008
TN Sen 2006
SC Spec 2014 Alt
GA Spec Sen 2020
2000 PI
2008 PI
2016 PI
CA GOV 2021 Recall
CA SEN 2010
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Which State Election would be a great setting for a game?  (Read 576 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2021, 06:03:25 PM »

So with the recent results from VA and NJ last night, I decided to try and get into hosting a new game and I've decided to set up eight elections. Depending on the game's success, I might do a sequel or I might do a President Infinity Game where you create your own candidates and run on platforms that your candidate creates, then after winning you build a cabinet and the next four turns are based around how successful the President is depending on RNGs. Or, we can go to a PI game on the get go. It's up to you

So, which game should happen?

VA Gov 2009 - OTL, this race was a lock for Bob McDonnell, who fell to a corruption Scandal nearing the end of his campaign while it was also the first campaign of McAuliffe. But, what if other candidates ran and McDonnell declined to run? Major Potential Republican Candidates are Ed Gillepsie, Tom Davis, Jim Gilmore, George Allen, Bill Bolling, Jerry Kilgore, Bob Marshall, Peter Pace, John L. Brownlee, Eric Cantor, Mark Early, Russ Potts, and Winsome Sears. Major Democratic Candidates include Douglas Wilder, Chuck Robb, Don Beyer, Ward Armstrong, and Brian Moran along with the OTL Candidates. Your goal is to win the races. I'll leave it up to the players.

NY Gov 2010 - OTL, this race was all but a lock-in for then Attorney General Andrew Cuomo who became Governor after Spitzer's scandals. Here, that can change depending on the candidate you choose and the campaign you run.

FL Gov 2010 - OTL a race practically assured to be between Sink and Scott, here that changes. It's up to you to make that change.

2018 Georgia Governor - A race mired in controversey even three years later. Today, can you change the result?

MN Sen 2008 - Comedian vs Incumbent Senator in perhaps the tightest races with the Comedian resigning in disgrace a decade later. Can history change under your watch?

TN Sen 2006 - A Tight race between the Mayor of one of the state's largest cities and a member of a political icon in the state's politics. Can you overcome the result of the actual result and have Tennessee elect it's first Democratic Senator since Jim Sasser in 1988?

Alt SC Special Sen 2014 - In OTL, Stephen Colbert suggested he be appointed as a joke when Jim DeMint retired. Hpwever, what if Nikki Haley did appoint him to the Senate with the hopes of increasing her appeal as a bipartisan governor for a potential 2016 bid? What will you do in a race between a man who didn't expect to be appointed and a republican field hungry to take the seat from him?

GA Special Sen 2020 - We all know the story of this race, but what if it could change. With a far larger field than from OTL, every candidate is running for this race as its all hands on deck for perhaps the Dems best chance to win a Georgia Senate seat for the first time since 2000 for this exact same senate seat. I will use RNG rolls to determine who Brian kemp appoints as Georgia Governor between the top five choices of the results of this strawpoll here : https://strawpoll.com/jbpgd247u

Or should we go for a PI Game immediately, either starting in 2000, 2008, or 2016?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 09:39:01 PM »

Georgia Senate...2020...but think bigger. Don't just do the special, do both Senate races, if you can attract enough players.

I'd also like to suggest an option that isn't on your board right now, but I think would be an interesting setting.

The 2003 California Gubernatorial recall in place of the 2021 recall, where Gavin Newsom's survival is probably a foregone conclusion.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 09:47:17 PM »

Georgia Senate...2020...but think bigger. Don't just do the special, do both Senate races, if you can attract enough players.

I'd also like to suggest an option that isn't on your board right now, but I think would be an interesting setting.

The 2003 California Gubernatorial recall in place of the 2021 recall, where Gavin Newsom's survival is probably a foregone conclusion.

Hmm, I might switch it, but up until the final week or so where the race got extremely nationalized thanks to Elder, it was actually competitive somewhat, so an expert couple of players could be able to have a recall occur in Cali by not nationalizing the race.

As for both Georgia races, we shall see. Also, remember to vote for the five yiou want as kemp's possible appointments.
Fetterman my beloved
HoosierDemocrat
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 08:28:32 AM »

I’d love a Minnesota Senate 08 game.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 09:18:28 AM »

I'll probably close both polls tomorrow afternoon and get the game ready either by the end of the day or Saturday, so remember that vote the one you want to see most. If enough interest is generated, I'll allow custom candidates, which I'll describe in the Game's OP
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 01:49:17 PM »

Tennessee 2006. It was the last chance Dems had a shot of winning a statewide election, although 2018 was competitive until the Kavanaugh hearing.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 06:21:54 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2021, 05:12:51 PM by Huey Long is a Republican »

Voting locked, run-off poll between GA Gov 2018 and TN Sen 2006

EDIT : Second Poll Closed.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 06:37:36 PM »

Have to go with Georgia Governor 2018.

That said, Tennessee Senate 2006 would be interesting, if only for the concept of an Al Gore comeback bid.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 07:50:00 PM »

I'll close the new straw poll tomorrow evening. Whichever one is in the lead by then is the one I'll do a game on.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 05:12:01 PM »

And the Winner seems to be the 2006 Tennessee Senate Race! I'll start working on a game thread and post it sometime Monday or the day after.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies