Siena NY-GOV Dem primary: Hochul leads by 34 pts.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:45:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Siena NY-GOV Dem primary: Hochul leads by 34 pts.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Siena NY-GOV Dem primary: Hochul leads by 34 pts.  (Read 439 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 18, 2022, 09:34:32 AM »

Hochul - 46%
De Blasio - 12%
Williams - 11%
Suozzi - 6%

Poll was conducted before De Blasio declined to run. Hochul's favorability is 45-29% positive. Poll is still not good for Biden; while 52-42% favorability, just 38% believe he's doing a good job as prez. Actually horrible for a state like NY.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/ny-state-of-politics/2022/01/18/siena-poll--hochul-retains-frontrunner-status-in-democratic-primary
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 10:08:41 AM »

The poll's findings among Republicans is hilarious.

25% have a favorable opinion of Biden
34% have a favorable opinion of Hochul
31% have a favorable opinion of Schumer
22% have a favorable opinion of de Blasio
30% have an unfavorable opinion of Trump

Who are these people? It seems the Lincoln Project is busy responding to polls.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 10:48:47 AM »

The poll's findings among Republicans is hilarious.

25% have a favorable opinion of Biden
34% have a favorable opinion of Hochul
31% have a favorable opinion of Schumer
22% have a favorable opinion of de Blasio
30% have an unfavorable opinion of Trump

Who are these people? It seems the Lincoln Project is busy responding to polls.

Possibily a very small sample not meaning much. Or a bunch of RINOs.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 02:40:18 PM »

Oh yeeeeees, Queen Kathy Purple heart

As James had 18% in the previous poll, it seems like at least half of her support went to Hochul with the remaining going to undecided. I definitely think Williams will easy get 20-25% of the vote in the end, well ahead of Suozzi, if later when makes it to the June primary.

Some of crosstabs are indeed weird, we need more polls here. And hopefully some general election polls.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 05:22:39 PM »

My Queen is Alive!
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 10:26:01 PM »

Talking about balanced budgets over the next several years with property tax rollbacks and increased spending for education, healthcare, and infrastructure.  All good.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 07:20:17 PM »

The primary is probably close to Safe Hochul at this point. With DeBlasio having decided not to run, it's likely that she is over the 50% mark now. As I've said before, I don't approve of all of Hochul's policies (and I particularly disapprove of how she's been handling the pandemic recently), but she's the best choice out of the field. Williams is too far left, Suozzi is a blatant opportunist with poor political instincts, and (extending this to the general election), Zeldin (as well as Giuliani) is a staunch Trumpist who is too far right.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 07:21:38 PM »

The primary is probably close to Safe Hochul at this point. With DeBlasio having decided not to run, it's likely that she is over the 50% mark now. As I've said before, I don't approve of all of Hochul's policies (and I particularly disapprove of how she's been handling the pandemic recently), but she's the best choice out of the field. Williams is too far left, Suozzi is a blatant opportunist with poor political instincts, and (extending this to the general election), Zeldin (as well as Giuliani and Molinaro) is a staunch Trumpist who is too far right.

Molinaro is not a Trumpist at all. He's also running for Congress and not for Governor.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 07:22:40 PM »

The primary is probably close to Safe Hochul at this point. With DeBlasio having decided not to run, it's likely that she is over the 50% mark now. As I've said before, I don't approve of all of Hochul's policies (and I particularly disapprove of how she's been handling the pandemic recently), but she's the best choice out of the field. Williams is too far left, Suozzi is a blatant opportunist with poor political instincts, and (extending this to the general election), Zeldin (as well as Giuliani and Molinaro) is a staunch Trumpist who is too far right.

Molinaro is not a Trumpist at all. He's also running for Congress and not for Governor.

That is my mistake. I thought that one of Cuomo's prior gubernatorial opponents was running for Governor again this year.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 07:36:15 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2022, 10:13:28 PM by KaiserDave »

That is my mistake. I thought that one of Cuomo's prior gubernatorial opponents was running for Governor again this year.

And that’s true. A different Italian, Rob Astorino
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 05:16:37 AM »

And that’s true. A different Italian, Rob Astorino

Carl Paladino sounds Italian to me, too.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 06:27:13 AM »

Hochul, I live on Cali is better than Cuomo but what has she done, I talk to many people in Cali they never even heard of Kathy Hochul
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies