MI - Craig Internal: TIE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:10:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI - Craig Internal: TIE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MI - Craig Internal: TIE  (Read 1021 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2022, 09:28:15 PM »

The race is still a tossup folks and probably will be until the day unless a bombshell comes out about either candidate.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2022, 11:19:11 PM »

Wisconsin is much more polarized than Michigan, every race there ends up within a few points. But Michigan swings pretty violently from year to year. MI is Lean R and WI is tossup IMO.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2022, 05:29:12 AM »

They're both Tossups, they're not Lean R
Hollywood
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2022, 11:23:49 PM »

Just because Whitmer's opponents may be more vocal than Evers's doesn’t mean that the GOP base is less energized in WI than in MI or particularly tolerant of Evers (who is more constrained by the Court than Whitmer but of course just as partisan as her), and just because Wolf, whose approval numbers have been even worse than Whitmer's in recent polling, can’t run again in 2022, doesn’t mean the GOP base in PA is less energized than in MI or that the issues driving down Whitmer's/Wolf's popularity won’t hurt Shapiro's prospects. I expect all three states to have very similar results in the end, with no race considerably more likely to flip than the other two. Republicans are slightly to moderately favored in all three states but it’s not that hard to see Democrats very narrowly holding one of them.

Is anyone honestly saying that Evers is less vulnerable than Whitmer? The more prevailing wisdom here seems to be that Evers is DOA while Whitmer's race is a Toss-Up. My point is that I expect Republicans to win both races by less than 5%, and while Whitmer might do a point or two better than Evers, I don't see the two races going that differently.

Where is the poll that has Evers losing you keep saying  that WI is Lean R but there isn't any evidence of polls

The whole country is lean R.  I can extrapolate from Marquette Poll in early November with the information provided by other polls.  The numbers tightened to D +4% in early November, but Marquette's method was just like polls that got smoke by Trafalgar. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies