State Level EC spoilers? Green Party Vote total in WI/AZ/GA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:02:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  State Level EC spoilers? Green Party Vote total in WI/AZ/GA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Level EC spoilers? Green Party Vote total in WI/AZ/GA  (Read 483 times)
bidenmytime72
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2020, 09:30:34 AM »

Does anybody know how many votes Hawkins received in the 3 or four states that get trump to 269/270? it looks like hawkins somehow didn't get ballot access. maybe because of the pandemic? it looks like bidens margin of victory in wi/az/ga, the three closest Biden wins is about 45-50K votes. It looks like Jill Stein got about .8-.1% of the vote in MI/WI/PA in 2016. I don't think if hawkins was on the ballot it would have made a difference... Jorgensons vote totals were far lower than Gary Johnson and I think Hawkins at best would have done about half as well as Stein.

I've read some academic studies that Nader voters in FLA in 2000 actually wouldn't have uniformly voted for gore did a poll on election day of 193 Nader voters second choice and found that Nader although mostly would have shifted to Gore, were not a monolith.

Nader
%
Likely Voters N=193
Gore 43 Bush 21 wont vote 21 Other (vol.) 6 DK/RF 9

Does anybody know how many write in votes Hawkins and Kanye West or Rocky de la fuente got in those states? I am looking at Jorgensons vote totals and it looks like in Wisconsin 78% of her voters would have gone to trump to swing that election and thus the whole EC.

I don't think third party voters played a spoiler factor in this years election but it would be interesting to see what the other people got.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 10:08:07 AM »

Does anybody know how many votes Hawkins received in the 3 or four states that get trump to 269/270? it looks like hawkins somehow didn't get ballot access. maybe because of the pandemic? it looks like bidens margin of victory in wi/az/ga, the three closest Biden wins is about 45-50K votes. It looks like Jill Stein got about .8-.1% of the vote in MI/WI/PA in 2016. I don't think if hawkins was on the ballot it would have made a difference... Jorgensons vote totals were far lower than Gary Johnson and I think Hawkins at best would have done about half as well as Stein.

I've read some academic studies that Nader voters in FLA in 2000 actually wouldn't have uniformly voted for gore did a poll on election day of 193 Nader voters second choice and found that Nader although mostly would have shifted to Gore, were not a monolith.

Nader
%
Likely Voters N=193
Gore 43 Bush 21 wont vote 21 Other (vol.) 6 DK/RF 9

Does anybody know how many write in votes Hawkins and Kanye West or Rocky de la fuente got in those states? I am looking at Jorgensons vote totals and it looks like in Wisconsin 78% of her voters would have gone to trump to swing that election and thus the whole EC.

I don't think third party voters played a spoiler factor in this years election but it would be interesting to see what the other people got.

The Green Party has never had much presence in Georgia.  Stein didn't have ballot access but was a "qualified write-in candidate", i.e. one who files so that their write-in votes will be tallied.  She got 7674 votes, second among write-ins to Evan McMullin's 13017. 

Hawkins is a qualified write-in Georgia this year, but the reported number of write-in votes this year is very much lower (NYT shows 457 total for *all* write-in candidates).
cwh2018
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 10:14:02 AM »

I wonder will the 2 parties try and make ballot access harder for smaller parties?
xavier110
United States
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 11:11:08 AM »

Green Party was not on the ballot in AZ, so no spoiling there. It was just Trump, Biden and Jorgensen.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 11:22:27 AM »

Green Party was not on the ballot in AZ, so no spoiling there. It was just Trump, Biden and Jorgensen.

They weren't on the ballot in any of the three states.  I think his question is whether the Green Party *would* have been a factor in those states if they'd been on the ballot.  I would say the answer is definitely no in Georgia and probably no in the other two, given the much lower support for third parties in general this year.
bidenmytime72
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 02:39:11 PM »

Does anybody know of any polls of jorgensons second choice between trump and biden?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies