VA-Gov(Fox): Youngkin +8 with Likely Voters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:16:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Gov(Fox): Youngkin +8 with Likely Voters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-Gov(Fox): Youngkin +8 with Likely Voters  (Read 5179 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: October 28, 2021, 06:08:02 PM »

This poll is, without a doubt, the most genuinely scary thing I've seen this Halloween season.

It's probably an outlier, there is no way Youngkin wins by that much, but it still suggests that he actually can win after all. And if he does, the Democratic Party might as well become as irrelevant as the British Labour Party, because educated suburbanites clearly aren't the Democratic loyalists that the party needs them to be as a reliable part of their coalition. They may hate Trump, but their education doesn't necessarily make them smart because they clearly care more about personality than about actual policies or the future of our democracy. They only hated Trump because they found him obnoxious, but give them someone policy-wise who is similar but much more subdued and they'll consider voting for him and following the political patterns that are so frustratingly deterministic in our country.

I am literally sick to my stomach, and I think we all need to apologize to Jimmie.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 06:31:27 PM »

Called it earlier today.  This is a KY-GOV 2015 style late collapse by the establishment candidate.

Only difference is I think Va will be quite Republican going forward.

2013 and 2012 nova margin cant counter rest of state anymore

Nah, there's something very specific going on here and if anything, rural turnout is down.  This is like saying LA would be a blue state because of JBE's 2015 landslide over Vitter.

Trump isn't winning VA in 2024 just because of this.  

I promise you that this there were some credibility to the memes that Virginia only voted Democrat due to Trump and that Trump could have won Virginia in 2016 without Kaine on the ticket if he didn't pull out.

Tho both memes were over blown a bit tho.

Well, if Dems can't even count on the Romney-Clinton-Biden NOVA demographic in federal elections, we're getting the Republican New Deal in 3-7 years no matter what.  They would have mid 20th Century Dem style majorities in Congress.

Like I said in my above post, the British Labour Party is soon going to look more successful. And we don't even have the luxury to blame the Scottish National Party.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 06:37:42 PM »

If Youngkin wins that county there is no hope of Democrats holding Congress next year.

There never was hope, but it'll mean that it's going to be an even bigger than anticipated win for them, and a loss for our country and the concept of sanity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies