I got some polling insights into GOP gubernatorial primary data and I thought I’d share some of it!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:01:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  I got some polling insights into GOP gubernatorial primary data and I thought I’d share some of it!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I got some polling insights into GOP gubernatorial primary data and I thought I’d share some of it!  (Read 1175 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2021, 12:58:29 AM »

As always, thanks for sharing! The only thing that surprises me here is Kemp being this much of a favorite, including against Perdue. How did he turn things around? Was it really only the defense of the election law (which was less restrictive than some of the original proposals and more red meat for the Trump base)/running against out-of-state 'elites' imposing their liberalism on GA and canceling the All-Star Game?
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2021, 01:33:32 AM »

As always, thanks for sharing! The only thing that surprises me here is Kemp being this much of a favorite, including against Perdue. How did he turn things around? Was it really only the defense of the election law (which was less restrictive than some of the original proposals and more red meat for the Trump base)/running against out-of-state 'elites' imposing their liberalism on GA and canceling the All-Star Game?

Perdue hasn’t announced anything so he wasn’t included in the poll.

But yes, I can assure you that the voting law absolutely helped. Kemp will comfortably win the primary unless Perdue runs, and even then, I don’t know if Perdue is guaranteed to win considering how weak of a campaigner he has historically been.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2021, 05:46:30 AM »

Ohio R primaries are going to fun to watch. DeWine is vulnerable against Renacci and also that Senate primary with Vance, Mandel, and Timken.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2021, 01:22:26 PM »

Ohio R primaries are going to fun to watch. DeWine is vulnerable against Renacci and also that Senate primary with Vance, Mandel, and Timken.

The Senate one will have so many fireworks.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2021, 04:36:08 PM »

The Senate one will have so many fireworks.
More fireworks than a Fourth of July celebration Tongue
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2022, 01:26:09 PM »

My friend who works for a non-partisan polling group that specialize in GOP gubernatorial primaries leaked some interesting data to me, and I figured that I might as well share some of them if any of you are interested in primary betting like I am:

• Out of all the GOP governors facing serious primary challenges, the only one who actually has a serious chance of losing is Mike DeWine, who isn't faring well against Jim Renacci of all people.

• People like Brian Kemp, Brad Little, and particularly Greg Abbott are not losing their primaries, and I expect all three of them to safely cruise to a primary victory. People like Vernon Jones or Don Huffines are not serious candidates.

• Charlie Baker will probably survive his primary as well (if he runs), especially with Massachusetts being open.

• Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo is starting to gain on former senator Dean Heller in Nevada and I wouldn't be shocked if he is the nominee.

• Going to another southwestern state, news-anchor Kari Lake is hardly a shoe-in for the GOP nomination in Arizona. She has a solid floor but a very low celling, and is struggling to crack 30-35% even with weak primary opponents, the Trump endorsement, and her having a decent level of name recognition in the state. I still wouldn't be shocked if she wins, but DO NOT treat her like a shoe-in.

• Going to the rust belt, Rebecca Kleefisch is favored for the GOP gubernatorial nominee as she lacks a serious challenger (Duffy isn't running as of now), and she is fairly well poised against Tony Evers.

• Police Chief Craig is heavily favored in the GOP primary in Michigan.

• Lou Barletta from Pennsylvania is favored in the primary, if hardly a shoe in. He doesn't have any big name challengers that are particularly excellent, however.

I thought I'd bump this.

I may have been wrong on Kemp as I truly wasn't expecting Perdue to run, but primary polls have indicated that Little is absolutely safe.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2022, 02:43:20 PM »

Have you gotten any intel about GOP Senate primaries?
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2022, 07:06:26 PM »

Some, but not as much. I’ll try to post when I get the full picture!
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2022, 01:03:51 AM »

Some, but not as much. I’ll try to post when I get the full picture!
Hopefully soon
Rjjr77
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2022, 01:01:35 AM »

My friend who works for a non-partisan polling group that specialize in GOP gubernatorial primaries leaked some interesting data to me, and I figured that I might as well share some of them if any of you are interested in primary betting like I am:

• Out of all the GOP governors facing serious primary challenges, the only one who actually has a serious chance of losing is Mike DeWine, who isn't faring well against Jim Renacci of all people.

• People like Brian Kemp (slightly updated after Perdue is running. I still think the primary is 50/50, however, and do NOT count Kemp so easily out!), Brad Little, and particularly Greg Abbott are not losing their primaries, and I expect all three of them to safely cruise to a primary victory. People like Vernon Jones, Janice McGeachin or Don Huffines are not serious candidates.

• Charlie Baker will probably survive his primary as well (if he runs), especially with Massachusetts being open.

• Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo is starting to gain on former senator Dean Heller in Nevada and I wouldn't be shocked if he is the nominee.

• Going to another southwestern state, news-anchor Kari Lake is hardly a shoe-in for the GOP nomination in Arizona. She has a solid floor but a very low celling, and is struggling to crack 30-35% even with weak primary opponents, the Trump endorsement, and her having a decent level of name recognition in the state. I still wouldn't be shocked if she wins, but DO NOT treat her like a shoe-in.

• Going to the rust belt, Rebecca Kleefisch is favored for the GOP gubernatorial nominee as she lacks a serious challenger (Duffy isn't running as of now), and she is fairly well poised against Tony Evers.

• Police Chief Craig is heavily favored in the GOP primary in Michigan.

• Lou Barletta from Pennsylvania is favored in the primary, if hardly a shoe in. He doesn't have any big name challengers that are particularly excellent, however.

In Ohio, Dewine will be fine, too many candidates that are out there to split the vote and Renacci is not a conservative either so a lot of voters will go to Ron Hood or Joe Blystone
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies