Are most people more good than bad? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:22:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are most people more good than bad? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are most people more good than bad?  (Read 1095 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: October 29, 2021, 12:36:29 PM »

No, I don't believe so.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 02:32:30 PM »

I feel like the only way to believe this is to think that "good" means little more than not actively hurting other people. I have a higher standard. I think good people are people that go out of their way to do right by others and do everything they can to make amends for their own wrongdoing. I don't consider myself a good person by my own definition. Sure, most people aren't spitting in the faces of homeless people, but abstaining from the most depraved behavior imaginable is not enough for me to think of someone as good. The vast majority of people make almost no tangible contribution to humanity or even their own little sliver of it, e.g. their community or family or circle of friends. Most people (and yes, I'm ashamed to admit that this includes myself too) are content to watch the rest of the world suffer so long as they are comfortable. Does that mean most people are evil? No, but they are definitely not good either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies