Are most people more good than bad? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:52:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are most people more good than bad? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are most people more good than bad?  (Read 1104 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: October 30, 2021, 11:20:16 PM »

Our species was created with the capability for both for a reason, and no one can truly be one or the other in isolation. I would credit the wickedness in the actions of most people (who don't hold ludicrous amounts of power, at least) at this point in history to alienation, exploitation, and the basic parameters of living in a means of social organization so far removed from what the forces that engineered us intended: some of it being our attempts to follow our instincts in a world that alternately shuns and commodifies them and some of it being our failure as imperfect beings created for another purpose to perfectly comply with the standards of our own designs.

I have faith that our Mother created us to serve and venerate Her and Her creation with joy and solemnity, and that we are and have been in the distant past capable of holding to that ideal as long as we are humbled by it (rather than seeking to transcend it, which is the root of sin). Had we been created without the capacity for evil, rather than as mere mindless servants, then there would be no true fulfillment in following a path of righteousness, or for Her in creating something that knew of nothing else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies