What is your immigration stance? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:26:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What is your immigration stance? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is your immigration stance?  (Read 2039 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: December 03, 2021, 12:06:55 PM »

America is the land of opportunity, and someone's opportunities should not be limited simply because they were born halfway across the world.

It should be far easier to immigrate to the United States, and far easier to become a citizen. The process should not take more than a year at most.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 04:19:09 PM »

Work in government jobs, potentially sensitive in nature?

If a federal job is "sensitive in nature" then the inevitable background checks would flag anything nefarious. I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

I'm not sure why their only living in America for one year would disqualify them from serving on a jury. If they are otherwise unqualified, they would be dismissed. And I imagine "I am currently not living in the country" would be a perfectly valid reason to be excused anyway.

The Constitution requires someone to have been a US citizen for seven years to serve in the House of Representatives and nine years to serve in the Senate, and virtually every state has residency requirements - so this wouldn't be an issue.

But if the voters are happy to elect them anyway, why should it be an issue?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies