Flip the 6th (interest thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:03:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Flip the 6th (interest thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Flip the 6th (interest thread)  (Read 4757 times)
Kuumo

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2021, 05:36:14 PM »
« edited: October 27, 2021, 10:28:36 PM by Senator Kuumo »

Name: Christine Jang
Age and DOB: October 20, 1984
Hometown: Irvine, CA
Current Residence: Salem, OR
Political Party: Democratic

Background: Christine Jang was born into a middle-class Korean family in Irvine, California, where she lived until graduating from UC Irvine with a B.S. in chemistry in 2007. Jang then moved to Corvallis to earn a masters in environmental science at Oregon State. She worked at the headquarters of the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality in Portland for three years before transferring to work as a field scientist at the Salem office in 2012. Jang married her husband Matt Anderson in 2012 shortly before moving to Salem. They have twin daughters Samira and Taryn born in 2014.

Political Record: Jang supported Hillary Clinton in 2016 and Joe Biden in 2020, taking part in organizing for the Biden campaign in Marion County. She is solidly progressive on the environment but more moderate on some other issues. Jang is an active member of several environmentalist organizations, a refugee resettlement agency, and an Asian American civic engagement group.

Visual Description: 5'4", lightly tanned skin, shoulder-length straight dark hair
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2021, 06:54:11 PM »

Name: Christine Jang
Age and DOB: October 20, 1984
Hometown: Irvine, CA
Current Residence: Salem, OR
Political Party: Democratic

Background: Christine Jang was born into a middle-class Korean family in Irvine, California, where she lived until graduating from UC Irvine with a B.S. in chemistry in 2006. Jang then moved to Corvallis to earn a masters in environmental science at Oregon State. She worked at the headquarters of the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality in Portland for three years before transferring to work as a field scientist at the Salem office in 2012. Jang married her husband Matt Anderson in 2012 shortly before moving to Salem. They have twin daughters Samira and Taryn born in 2014.

Political Record: Jang supported Hillary Clinton in 2016 and Joe Biden in 2020, taking part in organizing for the Biden campaign in Marion County. She is solidly progressive on the environment but more moderate on some other issues. Jang is an active member of several environmentalist organizations, a refugee resettlement agency, and an Asian American civic engagement group.

Visual Description: 5'4", lightly tanned skin, shoulder-length straight dark hair
Approved.
I will change the residence of my candidate to Albany for some diversity!
Great!

To CentristRepublican - I anticipate starting early November once new interest begins trickling down.

For reference, I'll name-drop some major cities in the district. This is also important for campaigning:

Salem - Largest city and seat of the 6th's largest county. Pretty working-class and with nowhere near as much character as Portland or Eugene. Notably high - and growing - Hispanic population.

Woodburn - Very Hispanic town. Home to a sales tax free outlet mall frequented by many Portland wine moms.

Keizer - Salem's drab, more conservative northern sibling.

Monmouth - home to Western Oregon University.

Dallas - other major Polk County locale. Pretty conservative place.

Corvallis - OSU, basically.

Albany - second largest city in the district, I'd guess. Like Salem, it's pretty working-class, but with less diversity and swingier.

Lebanon, Sweet Home, Stayton - wtf

Lincoln City/Newport - major centers of commerce in Lincoln County. Coastal cities with a unique, touristy feel, definitely a relatively small voice in the district though.

Silverton, Mount Angel, Tangent - very small towns. Do your own research.

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2021, 01:08:55 PM »

To CentristRepublican - I anticipate starting early November once new interest begins trickling down.

That's good with me, but I will most likely have to take time off from the game from mid-November until early December because of real-life commitments. I'll probably still be able to play during that time period but not that actively.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2021, 07:15:06 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2021, 01:49:14 PM by YOUNGKIN FOR VIRGINIA »

Name: Dale Scott
Age and DOB: October 16, 1971
Hometown: Johnston, IA
Residence: Silverton, OR
Political Party: Republican
Background: Dale Scott was into an upper-middle-class family in the suburbs of Des Moines, Iowa, where he lived until age 12 when his family moved to Leesburg, Virginia, as his father's job in the defense industry was moved. He lived there until he graduated high school and was accepted into Yale University. He graduated from Yale with his MBA in 1996. He moved to Hillsboro, Oregon after getting a job in the finance department at Nike. In 1999, he got married, and in 2000, he moved to Sherwood to accommodate his young family, after the birth of his son, Brandon. In 2010, he was promoted to being an executive in the finance department.
Political Record: He voted for Gore in 2000, then straight R until 2016, when turned off by Trump's rhetoric, he backed Clinton. In 2020, he voted for Jo Jorgensen. He contributed in the thousands to Mitt Romney's presidential campaign in 2012, and Knute Buehler's gubernatorial campaign in 2018.
Visual Description: He stands 6'2", wears glasses, and has mousy brown hair in a generic style. He is fairly thin.
Temperament: He is known for his mild-mannered, hands-off managerial style at Nike.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2021, 07:41:06 PM »

Residence: Sherwood, OR
Background: Dale Scott was into an upper-middle-class family in the suburbs of Des Moines, Iowa, where he lived until age 12 when his family moved to Leesburg, Virginia, as his father's job in the defense industry was moved. He lived there until he graduated high school and was accepted into Yale University. He graduated from Yale with his MBA in 1996. He moved to Hillsboro, Oregon after getting a job in the finance department at Nike. In 1999, he got married, and in 2000, he moved to Sherwood to accommodate his young family, after the birth of his son, Brandon. In 2010, he was promoted to being an executive in the finance department.
Political Record: He voted for Gore in 2000, then straight R until 2016, when turned off by Trump's rhetoric, he backed Clinton. In 2020, he voted for Jo Jorgensen. He contributed in the thousands to Mitt Romney's presidential campaign in 2012, and Knute Buehler's gubernatorial campaign in 2018.
Visual Description: He stands 6'2", wears glasses, and has mousy brown hair in a generic style. He is fairly thin.
Temperament: He is known for his mild-mannered, hands-off managerial style at Nike.
Approved, but of note that Sherwood is a good deal out of the district. Might be advisable to move your character into the seat.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2021, 07:50:08 PM »

Approved, but of note that Sherwood is a good deal out of the district. Might be advisable to move your character into the seat.
Is Carlton in OR-06?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2021, 07:58:57 PM »

Is Carlton in OR-06?
No, that's in Yamhill County. Take a look at the OP for a district map.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2021, 08:22:31 AM »

Ok. My character will move to Silverton
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2021, 03:41:31 PM »

Holding the door open for further applications for a bit, then we're getting started.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2021, 12:01:26 AM »

Holding the door open for further applications for a bit, then we're getting started.

Great. I will get my negative attacks ready to roll. What will the polling for the GOP primary be at the beginning of the race? I can plan my strategy accordingly.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2021, 12:02:27 AM »

Great. I will get my negative attacks ready to roll. What will the polling for the GOP primary be at the beginning of the race? I can plan my strategy accordingly.
I'll post those numbers when we officially get started. Anticipating this will be in the next week.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2021, 11:42:07 PM »

So, we starting soon?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2021, 01:25:44 AM »

Looks like new interest has petered off, so sure. Will start work on an opening post.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2021, 12:00:31 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

That is all.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2021, 05:12:47 PM »

I'll be posting tonight my time.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2021, 02:42:37 PM »

I know, sometimes I forget to divide what I'm saying into multiple paragraphs and it just becomes one monster of a paragraph.  Wink

Nike executive Dale Scott kicks off campaign for new congressional district in Oregon

Scott started his campaign off with a rally in downtown Salem

"Thank y'all for coming out tonight. This is one giant crowd. If you elect me, I promise to fight for the best interests of all of my constituents from the fast food employee to the factory worker to the student.

Biden's administration has been no bueno for the great people of our country, and especially our district. The price of household items has exploded, with many working people being unable to afford basic necessities. If this keeps up, we might very well have another Great Depression on our hands.

Our schools are teaching Critical Race Theory and indoctrinating our children. During distance learning, many parents discovered the nasty reality of our education system. Left-wing teachers think that it is OK or even morally virtuous to shove their ideas down our kids' throats. School administration has been complacent or even supportive of this. Additionally, our kids are being forced to read sexually explicit material as early as elementary school. A vote for me is a vote against this nonsense.

Let me preface this was saying that COVID-19 is a serious issue. Studies have shown that the COVID-19 vaccine protects you and others, however, the choice to get vaccinated should well be a choice, rather than a mandate. However, most Democrats and even some Republicans are flouting the American tradition of individualism. Meanwhile our governor in the state of Oregon, Kate Brown is mandating outdoor masking, whether or not you are vaccinated. While liberal elites are forcing masks on you, they are regularly violating their own rules. While masks work, they are simply unnecessary for the fully vaccinated.

Now to address my opponents in this race. Where do I start? Yuri Testikov is a communist who wants to abolish fossil fuels in 2 years, abolish the police, describes the fossil fuel industry as vampiric. We simply cannot abolish fossil fuels that quickly, as we do not yet have any replacement. The police are a vital part of our community and do more good than harm. We would be risking our entire economy to achieve this. If you work in energy, as many Oregonians do, Tesitkov, if he wins, will cost you not just your job, but your livelihood, and the futures of your children and grandchildren. We need to punish bad cops, that's for sure, but we should still enforce our laws. Unlike what he might tell you, I am by no means afraid of Testikov. As the kids say, "Come at me, bro". A vote for Tesitkov is a vote for an impoverished, lawless America. Now on to Heather Cooper. She is a career politician. Do you know what career politicians do? They take the money, of you the taxpayer, and spend it on frivolities because that's what their fat-cat donors want. She called me a RINO, yet she is the one who wants to restrict your constitutional right to bear arms. Do you know why we have the 2nd amendment? So the citizenry can defend themselves against government tyranny. She, quite frankly, lied about the reason I am running because that's what career politicians do, they lie to you and they manipulate you, to get your vote. Meanwhile, I am self-funded and won't hesitate to tell you the full truth and nothing but the full truth. We also have Ted Miller. He supports programs such as UBI, which disincentivize work, and undermine our prosperity as a nation. He wants to legalize all drugs, which would impact people of all walks of life in a negative way, especially vulnerable individuals such as children. Lastly, we have Doyle Brooks. While Trump was a decent president and did more good than bad for this country, Brooks acts like he is some sort of deity. The network he works for, OANN, has blatantly lied to the American public, claiming that Trump won the 2020 election 410-128. No Mr. Brooks, Trump lost, and we need to focus on 2022 and beyond."

Campaign Motto: "For Peace and Prosperity"

I know I shouldn't be applauding my opponent in this game, but your speech was honestly great. If this was real life and I could vote in OR06, I'd honestly lean toward supporting Scott just because of this great speech. I agree with most of these positions and love the moderate conservatism that Scott is advocating. Of course I'm more liberal than him, but this speech is great and he deserves a bump in the polls just for it.  Cheesy
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2021, 11:02:07 PM »

Love how the GOP primary has basically become a three-way slugfest so quickly.

Looks like new interest has petered off, so sure. Will start work on an opening post.

Also, when will the next round of polling be released?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2021, 01:51:46 PM »

Dale Scott spends 2 points on TV ad in the Portland market, and 1 point to air the same ad in the Eugene Market

"I am Dale Scott, a Republican candidate for Oregon's 6th congressional district. I left my corporate job at Nike to fight for the great people of this district in Washington. I will use my business experience to help our economy grow, and to help more people provide for themselves and their families. I will work with both sides of the aisle to make our country more prosperous. Meanwhile, my opponent, Ted Miller is a RINO who supports legalization of hard drugs and a universal basic income. Doyle Brooks believes in Qanon and believes Trump won the 2020 election 410-128. Heather Cooper is an untrustworthy career politician who takes your hard-earned tax dollars and dishes them out to her donors. A vote for Dale Scott is a vote for prosperity for all Oregonians, instead of corruption or extremism"

Genuine advice - I don't think it helps if you say 'both sides of the aisle,' you should be more combative and less compromising. I think if you say something like that not that many will be swayed since they'll think you'll become part of the Washington establishment.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2021, 02:36:56 PM »

Character Application

Name: Yuri Testikov
DOB: November 16, 1992
Birthplace: Hoonah, AK
Current residence: Corvallis, OR
Party: Democratic (formerly Green)
Background: Studied environmental science and anthropology at Oregon State from 2010-2014; became involved with anarchist groups at the university; founded the green anarchist blog After Growth in 2015; has been frequently involved in left-wing protest movements as an organizer since college; briefly arrested for smashing the windows of a bank during an anti-police protest in June 2020; ran in the primary for a State House seat in 2020 but finished fourth out of five
Political record: Advocates for the replacement of all existing forms of government with decentralized communes. Self-identified neo-Luddite. Has spoken favorably of violent activists such as the Weather Underground. Heavily inspired by the Situationist International. Within the framework of electoral politics, he stresses drastic environmental measures, localism, drug legalization (he is a habitual user of marijuana and LSD), and police abolition.
Appearance: 5'3", shaven head, large beard, typically seen in sweats and aviators

November 6, 2021 (Saturday): Activist Yuri Testikov begins his long-shot campaign for the Democratic nomination for Oregon's Sixth Congressional District with a rally at Oregon State, his alma mater, organized by left-wing student groups there with which he has maintained connections since his days as a student.

"I became passionate about environmental issues as a kid in Alaska when I noticed that the winters were getting warmer and less snowy every year. The polar regions have faced the brunt of climate disaster thus far, but soon enough the whole world will be feeling it. I came here to Oregon State a decade ago because I wanted to enter politics, make a difference for the dying world, and fight against the oil barons who've made a killing from raping my home state, and I emerged with the radical agenda that we need to fight back.

"We can only save ourselves and the rest of the biosphere through extreme, radical, imminent action that mainstream politicians bought out by corporate interests could never deliver. If you send me to Washington, I will immediately introduce legislation to outlaw fossil fuels within two years, invoke an immediate moratorium on the subsidies that keep that vampiric industry alive, and provide for massive investments in renewable energy paid for by massive cuts to the fascist forces of the military and law enforcement. The President's cancellation of the Keystone XL project was a step in the right direction and a deserved blow to Justin Trudeau, a feckless man with no principles or moral fiber who has devoted himself to deep-throating oil pipelines like a crack whore, but Joe Biden is too weak and afraid of corporate America to shepherd our nation through this pivotal moment in history and achieve a true fracturing of the Reaganite orthodoxy that has destroyed everything in its path in the name of enriching those most taken by avarice.

"A recovery from the destruction wrought by growth capitalism and imperialism on the world should be intersectional and emphasize the welfare of those most hurt by it. Growing up in the heavily Tlingit town of Hoonah, I witnessed firsthand the deprivation and vulnerability of Native communities amidst the great wealth brought by the state's ruthless exploitation of natural resources. I will fight to redistribute the blood money in which the most wicked people in this country are drowning to those who have been marginalized by those forces. I will lobby for greater federal assistance for Native reservations all across the country, including the Siletz Reservation here in our Sixth District, for students such as the lot of you who are growing up and preparing to face the death throes of supply-side capitalism and the biosphere, for Black communities brutalized by law enforcement (which I will aim to gradually abolish), and all people of this country who have been terrorized and live in fear of an uncertain future.

"It's true that we face a steep uphill climb to the nomination in this district, with both Republican fascism and Democratic neoliberalism ready to smear us at every opportunity. I have faith, however, that we can build a coalition of all those who have been left behind by this country by the time that primary season rolls around, a coalition that will show Washington that the people of the Beaver State are fed up with racism, fed up with poverty, and above all fed up with the wanton destruction of our planet by an elite class that refuses to take care of the rest of us.

"When Elon Musk takes off for Mars in thirty years, when Miami's underwater and all the redwoods on the Oregon coast have burned off, he won't be taking any of us with him. If y'all send me to Congress, though, we can tax the pants off of that sociopath, redistribute his wealth to restoring our most vulnerable communities, temper the worst excesses of climate disaster, and declare war on capitalism. None of the other Democrats running for this seat will do jack sh-t, and that's why they're so afraid of me. I alone represent the will to reclaim our future from the death spiral of capitalism. I alone represent the struggle of the people against the political and corporate overlords that have ruined everything they've touched in the name of enriching themselves. The forces of the crooked political establishment and their corporate masters are against us, but I believe that our movement could be the start of something transformative in this country and around the world. As much fear and trepidation and grief as I hold about the state of our country and this planet at large, I do believe that another world is possible, and that's why I'm running for Congress."

An ad is published in The Daily Barometer and the Corvallis Gazette-Times after the rally, clearly inspired by the campaigns of the Situationist International that Testikov is known to admire. It depicts the candidate in aviators and a sweatshirt, similar to the infamous FBI forensic sketch of Ted Kaczynski (perhaps aiming to capitalize on the recent online resurgence of interest in Kaczynski's philosophy). It bears the caption:

RECLAIM THE FUTURE
RECLAIM THE EARTH
RECLAIM LIFE

TESTIKOV FOR CONGRESS '22

November 14, 2021 (Sunday): Democratic candidate Yuri Testikov volunteers with Food Not Bombs Salem at Bush's Pasture Park, distributing campaign materials similar to the newspaper ads run in Corvallis to passers-by. Another ad is due to run in the Statesman Journal later this week. He greets minor police attention at the park with a raised middle finger and jeers. Some of the other volunteers are annoyed that he seems to be egging on the unwanted presence, but ultimately no police action is taken; some of the others, on the contrary, praise him for making his displeasure known. After the men in uniform dissipate, Testikov gives a short speech to passers-by on the park green:

"It is another of capitalism's daily unconscionable horrors that we must tolerate the same cops who take delight in brutalizing the poor and minority communities of this nation attempting to shut down a rare display of selflessness and aid to the disadvantaged. It is a dangerous myth that capitalism merely leaves alone those who fail by its merits; it also does all that it can to destroy them for daring to live outside of its standards. I am running for Congress to represent the new Sixth District because we should no longer have to bear living in a world where these abuses are accepted as facts of life. As we speak, I am writing a bill to implement nationwide police abolition that I will introduce on my first day in Washington if elected."

These words are met by a mixture of applause and abuse from the small audience.

"Ah, I see we have some chuds in the audience. Why don't the lot of you go back to skinhead country or the suburbs or wherever reactionary sh-thole you're from and stop impeding our vision for the future? I'm here to fight for an Oregon and an America where the petty atrocities that you take for granted are no longer weighing on our minds and destroying our most vulnerable, not one where you take delight in them."

I highly doubt Testikov will win, given his history of being an anarchist, and doubt that even you think he can win, but your character is the most entertaining to follow by far! One question I have is how you got these views. Did you just think of the most radical, left-wing Democrat possible, or is this really what you believe (exaggerated, obviously, unless you actually are an anarchist)? Either way, it's very fun and interesting to read your posts as Testikov. Keep it up  Cheesy
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2021, 02:40:23 PM »

When will the next set of polling come out?! I'm pretty sure the Republicans (except for Ted Miller who I don't think is playing) are all done with their turn. Are you waiting for the Democrats to make their moves, or is their a specific date you plan on releasing the next polling on? Please let me know. Also, an update: it's confirmed now that I will have real life commitments for the rest of this month after Thursday or so, so while I will continue playing, I will likely not be as active in posting as I have been so far.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2021, 02:43:09 PM »

I highly doubt Testikov will win, given his history of being an anarchist, and doubt that even you think he can win, but your character is the most entertaining to follow by far! One question I have is how you got these views. Did you just think of the most radical, left-wing Democrat possible, or is this really what you believe (exaggerated, obviously, unless you actually are an anarchist)? Either way, it's very fun and interesting to read your posts as Testikov. Keep it up  Cheesy

Testikov is essentially a manifestation of my darker impulses, from a timeline where I ended up in the Extremely Online "dirtbag left" sphere. Some of his views are my own, but exaggerated and communicated in a far more confrontational manner than I would personally express them. Regardless of my chances of conventional success in the game, I thought it would be fun to run such an unconventional campaign and see how the rest of the game would react to it, and it's lovely that you've been entertained thus far.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2021, 02:45:26 PM »

Testikov is essentially a manifestation of my darker impulses, from a timeline where I ended up in the Extremely Online "dirtbag left" sphere. Some of his views are my own, but exaggerated and communicated in a far more confrontational manner than I would personally express them. Regardless of my chances of conventional success in the game, I thought it would be fun to run such an unconventional campaign and see how the rest of the game would react to it, and it's lovely that you've been entertained thus far.

Yes, and it's also provided a natural target for just about all the Republicans in the race, since if anyone is actually 'far-left' and 'socialist' (which the GOP uses to describe even mainstream liberals), it's definitely Testikov.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2021, 07:21:55 PM »

Wikimedia Commons

While states like Texas and Illinois had more high-profile battles, the Beaver State played host to one of America's most intense redistricting battles. Democrats were in firm control of Oregon's government, and by extension, held the redistricting pen - however, Oregon Republicans refused to quietly allow themselves to be outvoted at every step. Utilizing Oregon's unusually high quorum rules, they threatened to ground the statehouse to a halt. For months, the parties were in a state of standoff, with neither willing to come to the table on redistricting. It seemed certain that the maps would be sent to the courts.

Then, Tina Kotek caved.

In an eleventh-hour move, Democrats and Republicans came to an agreement to pass a relatively fair map, keeping DeFazio's seat competitive while adding a new swing seat in the Willamette Valley. Covering regions from the Pacific Coast to progressive Corvallis, diversifying Salem to working-class Linn County, this new, open seat was ideal for Oregon's most competitive House election in years. Voting for Obama, then Trump, Buehler, then Biden, will Oregon Republicans be able to capitalize on a favorable national environment and win a second congressional seat in Oregon for the first time since 1988? Or will Oregon Democrats hold the line with their significant organizational advantage and keep the Beaver State's congressional delegation solidly blue?

Welcome to my latest election game, Flip the 6th! Inspired by KaiserDave's fantastic East of the Merrimack, this is a modern take on the concept. Like Kaiser's game, Flip the 6th will feature custom characters. Feel free to design custom characters, whether they be state legislators, small business owners, activists, county officials, or more - however, stay realistic.

I'm also carrying over the rules from Kaiser's game. Here they are, for reference:

Rules

1. No Violating the Rules of this Blog

2. No Powergaming, Metagaming, etc.

3. Be polite please, rudeness ain't needed. Be considerate and kind towards your fellow players and blog posters.

4. Be reasonable and stick to realism.

5. If you commit to playing a big role, please stay active. And lengthy and complete inactivity without any message or reasoning will result in removal.

6. No cheating, I don't know how you would but don't do it

7. Characters, and this is very important, must be well rounded and sensible. I will not accept God-like characters. Within those constraints, get creative!

7. Have fun!

8. If you have any suggestions, please provide!

And here is the info:

1. The game will commence in fall 2021, right after the map passed. The primary elements will be schedules, speeches, debates, interviews, endorsements, and the like. Events earlier than fall 2021 are not required, but can still help one's standing.

2. I will incorporate news. Assume that any events that happen OTL (besides how Oregon redistricting actually went) happen in this TL. Additionally, assume that all OTL politicians exist, except for those that conflict with player characters (e.g. if the player represents Oregon's 10th State Senate seat, the current senator from that seat does not exist for this game's purposes).

3. Detail is good. Go into depth about the locations you visit, and try to tailor your campaigns to them. Results are calculated on the county level so this can and will affect your numbers!

And lastly, the character app. Once again borrowing from Kaiser.

Character App
Name:
Hometown:
Current Residence:
Political Party:
Background:
Political Record*:
Visual Description**:
Additional Information:

*Tell us more about your character's time in politics, if they're a local lawmaker what have they prioritized, what are some important votes they've taken on controversial issues. If they're a private sector outsider who have they fundraised for or publicly supported, what are some issues where they've been vocal?

**Image not required

Candidates

Democratic:
Charlotte Adams (D-Salem) - Falterin
Christine Jang (D-Salem) - Kuumo
Commissioner Thomas Ryder (D-Corvallis) - GoTfan
Senator Eric Talbot (D-Corvallis) - Orwell

Yuri Testikov (D-Corvallis) - discovolante

Republican:
Doyle Brooks (R-Albany) - RGM2903
Representative Heather Cooper (R-Salem) - CentristRepublican
Ted Miller (R-Salem) - Ishan
Dale Scott (R-Silverton) - GregTheGreat

When do you think the next turn will begin?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2021, 08:29:52 PM »

Waiting on more people to post turns. Anticipating sometime during or after the Thanksgiving break.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2021, 07:39:44 PM »

I'll be posting soon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies