Flip the 6th (interest thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:58:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Flip the 6th (interest thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Flip the 6th (interest thread)  (Read 4563 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2022, 01:34:06 AM »

Would prefer that there remain a Doyle Brooks player, if there are any takers.

If not, I'll create a story about him bowing out of the primary and leave it at that.

Frankly, I feel like if RGM doesn't want to play we should eliminate Doyle Brooks instead of someone else replacing him, and see where the MAGA vote redirects instead of allowing someone else to just join mid-game and get the front-runner position on a platter.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2022, 07:45:24 AM »

If not, I'll create a story about him bowing out of the primary and leave it at that.

Frankly, I feel like if RGM doesn't want to play we should eliminate Doyle Brooks instead of someone else replacing him, and see where the MAGA vote redirects instead of allowing someone else to just join mid-game and get the front-runner position on a platter.

It'd be fairly realistic for him to come down with COVID, a mild form of it anyway, and ends his campaign to be able to fight the virus.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2022, 12:02:42 PM »

It'd be fairly realistic for him to come down with COVID, a mild form of it anyway, and ends his campaign to be able to fight the virus.

Yeah, that could make sense. I just don't want anyone to be able to just join mid-game and have front-runner position. If RGM doesn't want to play as Brooks, then one way or another, we should eliminate Brooks: it would also make the game interesting since all the other GOP candidates would probably need to pivot in an attempt to capture the plurality of his votes. (Until now Dale Scott and I have been basically tied, I believe, so winning over ex-Brooks voters will be key and will make this game very interesting. It'll also be interesting because both of us have said Trump lost in 2020.)
RGM2609
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2022, 01:14:33 PM »

I have thought more about this and if nobody has any objections I wish to continue playing as Brooks.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2022, 06:09:49 PM »

I have thought more about this and if nobody has any objections I wish to continue playing as Brooks.

I am happy to hear it and absolutely no objection from me (I just didn't want anyone else playing as Brooks and thought that if you were in fact dropping out, a Brooks-less race could be pretty interesting).
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2022, 07:31:29 PM »

Sounds good. In a tight spot with school but will get an update out asap.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2022, 03:43:17 PM »

I wanted to say this in the game but feared there'd be a lot of backlash. Honestly, if Doyle Brooks was an actual person (and really, there are a lot of Republicans running for Congress right now like him):

Doyle Brooks @DoyleBrooksForCongress

The fact that radical communist Yuri Testikov is actually a contender for the Democratic nomination shows how far gone off the deep end that party is. Testikov spits on everything American, he has nothing but contempt for patriots! We must defeat him!

Corrected:

The fact that radical far-rightist Doyle Brooks is actually a front-runner for the Republican nomination shows how far gone off the deep end that party is. Brooks spits on everything American, he has nothing but contempt for patriots! We must defeat him!
RGM2609
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2022, 04:03:59 PM »

I wanted to say this in the game but feared there'd be a lot of backlash. Honestly, if Doyle Brooks was an actual person (and really, there are a lot of Republicans running for Congress right now like him):

Doyle Brooks @DoyleBrooksForCongress

The fact that radical communist Yuri Testikov is actually a contender for the Democratic nomination shows how far gone off the deep end that party is. Testikov spits on everything American, he has nothing but contempt for patriots! We must defeat him!

Corrected:

The fact that radical far-rightist Doyle Brooks is actually a front-runner for the Republican nomination shows how far gone off the deep end that party is. Brooks spits on everything American, he has nothing but contempt for patriots! We must defeat him!
Lol, I was actually thinking of Brooks when I wrote that
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2022, 04:50:54 PM »

I think maybe we should take a break from the game for a little bit before the next round begins.
Agreed. This game is purely for fun, and while I'm sure RGM was playing a character it seems that the game is causing actual stress. Y'all take as much time as you need, and GoTfan, best wishes for both you and your mother.
Any updates on when the game will start back up again?

Doyle Brooks is leading massively in the polls. I've created an ad attacking him; I would appreciate/recommend your spending some of your points running it in the Portland and/or Eugene markets like I have so we can cut into his advantage.

Also, as a sidenote - would you support us ending our anti-negative-campaign agreement? (Instead we could agree to each spend no more than 1 point per round attacking each other, or something like that.)
RGM2609
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2022, 05:19:27 PM »

Jeez I'm leading by 5 not by 50 lol
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2022, 07:30:29 PM »

That lead has widened and it will likely continue to widen.

With that being said, I do need to turn to positive campaigning because these negative ads I'm running don't necessarily help me; they just hurt you - they could lead to people switching to Dale Scott, so I need to either attack both of you (which I can't unless and until Greg agrees to revoke our anti-negative-campaigning deal) - so that by elimination I'm the only decent candidate - or I need to run positive ads about myelf; I plan to spend my other 2 points for this round on positive ads.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2022, 10:07:55 PM »

Are we proceeding with this game or not? There's been a lull lately and I myself have lost much interest in the game, but if someone did something and there was a little more action I would be active too. Otherwise, I presume the game is on the way to becoming obsolete?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies