McLaughlin & Associates: Trump +3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:37:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  McLaughlin & Associates: Trump +3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McLaughlin & Associates: Trump +3  (Read 1050 times)
BigSerg
7sergi9

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2021, 12:46:39 PM »

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 01:05:25 PM »

That's actually pretty crazy considering the context of the poll.

McLaughlin often puts out R-pipedream polls but this isn't it. Biden's approval is -9 (roughly alongside average of mainstream polls) and what's really weird to me is the GCB is only R+1. Trump is actually doing better in a hypothetical presidential contest than congressional Republicans for the midterms.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 01:09:08 PM »

McLaughlin often puts out R-pipedream polls but this isn't it. Biden's approval is -9 (roughly alongside average of mainstream polls) and what's really weird to me is the GCB is only R+1. Trump is actually doing better in a hypothetical presidential contest than congressional Republicans for the midterms.

It seems like Democrats overperform on the generic ballot question the year before midterms when there is an incumbent D President - we saw this dynamic in 2013 and 2009. 
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 01:21:02 PM »

It seems like Democrats overperform on the generic ballot question the year before midterms when there is an incumbent D President - we saw this dynamic in 2013 and 2009. 

They do. And every single one of these polls I've looked into always has Independents disapproving of Biden by 15-25 points yet they're going like a measely +5 for Republicans with 20% undecided. It doesn't take some grand wisdom to predict where they'll go in the end. I think who they are as a group are people who voted for Biden but are disillusioned with the current state of the country and the Dem Party, but still have reservations about the Republican Party. I think there's going to be a lot of first-time R voters in '22 that'll show up again in '24, much like the college ed whites voted D by large margins in '18 and roughly maintained that for '20.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 01:43:35 PM »

This is a useless poll Biden is our Prez not Harris and until he says he's not running, Biden is in Act blue not raising money for H that's Pelosi bit for Senate Tim Ryan is his best friend
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies