NJ GOV (Emerson) - Murphy + 6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:59:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ GOV (Emerson) - Murphy + 6
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NJ GOV (Emerson) - Murphy + 6  (Read 2702 times)
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2021, 03:21:41 PM »

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 03:23:49 PM »

Ouch
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 03:25:25 PM »

Whaaa.....

No way. I've always said that we shouldn't sleep on this race but DAMN!
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 03:25:33 PM »

"Seven percent (7%) of voters are still undecided; among the undecided voters, 59% are leaning towards Ciattarelli and 41% are leaning towards Murphy. When these voters are allocated, the race tightens to four points, with Murphy at 52% and Ciattarelli at 48%."
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 03:28:04 PM »

Now do you see why I rate VA as lean R?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 03:29:49 PM »

Apparently polarization only works in the Republicans’ favor.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 03:32:29 PM »

Clearly they oversampled low-prop Republicans (who will stay home without Trump on the ballot) to add fuel to the Dems in Disarray media conspiracy like they did in CA. Let the 'unskewing' begin.

Sticking with Murphy +10, but the people who still think it’s 2017 are probably going to be very disappointed soon.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 03:36:13 PM »

Memerson
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 03:36:58 PM »

Still going with roughly 54-46 Murphy. Clearly good poll for Jack, probably too late to fundraise off this stuff in a meaningful way. All that money's headed to Virginia anyway.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 03:37:41 PM »

Well I guess the ads are working if Ciatarelli's favorability is anywhere close to this poll (40/40). He was a virtual unknown before.

Interesting though that Murphy is having an easier time connecting Ciatarelli to Trump than McAuliffe apparently is for Youngkin.

Won't "unskew" because people will get upset here - but just as a matter of fact - Ciatiarelli winning Indies by over 20% would certainly be a swift change from Murphy winning them by 4 in 2017.
kwabbit

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 04:29:39 PM »

Well I guess the ads are working if Ciatarelli's favorability is anywhere close to this poll (40/40). He was a virtual unknown before.

Interesting though that Murphy is having an easier time connecting Ciatarelli to Trump than McAuliffe apparently is for Youngkin.

Won't "unskew" because people will get upset here - but just as a matter of fact - Ciatiarelli winning Indies by over 20% would certainly be a swift change from Murphy winning them by 4 in 2017.

You’d have to be living under a rock to not be aware of Ciatarelli at this point. He’s just blanketed the state with Jersey Jack/ Phil Murphy likes taxes ads for months. His ad campaign is pretty deft: that Phil Murphy is a carpetbagger who is pro tax is the NJ GOP’s bread and butter. He’s avoiding being too Trumpy, although Murphy has tied him to that pretty successfully.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 04:37:01 PM »

Emerson uses MTurk, until they stop doing this, I won't take their polls seriously, good that they finally believe in undecideds though

also 50+44+7=101, just fantastic
kwabbit

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 04:39:44 PM »

Haha Memerson.. wait Emerson has one of the best recent track records… Doesn’t Matter Haha Memerson. Murphy +13 Safe D
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 04:49:22 PM »

Seven percent (7%) of voters are still undecided; among the undecided voters, 59% are leaning towards Ciattarelli and 41% are leaning towards Murphy. When these voters are allocated, the race tightens to four points, with Murphy at 52% and Ciattarelli at 48%.

Murphy +4 with leaners  Tongue
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2021, 05:45:21 PM »

Even though I think Ciatarelli could likely reach 44% support in the general election, I still want to call this poll way too bearish on Murphy.

But then again, everything seems to be crashing down on the Democratic Party lately, so maybe this is the reality. I can't even take solace in my own state anymore...
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 06:46:22 PM »

I don't think Ciattarelli has enough time to catch up to Murphy. That said, the red wave is happening right before our eyes.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 06:52:27 PM »

Yeah, Democrats should just concede AZ/GA/NH/NV, and probably CO as well, at this point. I mean, now that polls are showing what I like Republicans doing well, obviously they’re perfectly accurate, nothing can change between now and 2022 (or 2024, for that matter), and Democrats are going to do worse than 1994/2010.

Anyway, I could see this being a high-single digit win for Murphy, but Atlas is overreacting as usual, and it’s kind of funny how the forum has done a 180 on trusting polls since December of last year.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 07:49:42 PM »

Emerson was the most accurate presidential level poll in 2020 (last 2 polls Biden +4 and Biden +5, final result Biden +4.5), so this has to be taken seriously.  Also makes me think there's about a 90% chance their final VA poll shows a Youngkin lead. 
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 09:22:45 PM »

It tightens even more to +4 when leaners are added.

I didn't think we would see a poll this close. I have a hard time believing it, but the crosstabs look decent.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2021, 09:33:31 PM »

Yeah, Democrats should just concede AZ/GA/NH/NV, and probably CO as well, at this point. I mean, now that polls are showing what I like Republicans doing well, obviously they’re perfectly accurate, nothing can change between now and 2022 (or 2024, for that matter), and Democrats are going to do worse than 1994/2010.

Anyway, I could see this being a high-single digit win for Murphy, but Atlas is overreacting as usual, and it’s kind of funny how the forum has done a 180 on trusting polls since December of last year.

Considering that this forum is overwhelmingly populated by Democratic partisans, I don't know how you can say 'this forum' is happy with the results of the poll. I am, because I despise this governor (that's just my opinion though) but I still rate the race Likely D and don't just believe one poll is gospel. Everything I've expressed about polls leading up to 2022 remains the same.

Besides, did you not see the reactions to the Trafalgar and Monmouth polls for Virginia? People are denying those polls while they trusted Biden +10 in Wisconsin or Biden +6 in Florida last year. And you'll see a lot of uncritical trust for certain Senate and generic ballot polls next year too. This seems like it's more directed at me and a few others rather than everybody.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2021, 09:42:51 PM »

just saying:

this poll completely makes sense if the recent va polling is accurate. It would be almost identical swings from biden margins in the state.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2021, 05:04:23 AM »

Emerson was the most accurate presidential level poll in 2020 (last 2 polls Biden +4 and Biden +5, final result Biden +4.5), so this has to be taken seriously.  Also makes me think there's about a 90% chance their final VA poll shows a Youngkin lead.  

Emerson also had Newsom +2 and then +20 in California in a matter of weeks, so...

It's funny how we're called D hacks and yet every single time there is a terrible poll for Ds, the blue avatars come running in and ignoring every other poll of the race.
UncleSam

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2021, 10:39:49 AM »

Emerson was the most accurate presidential level poll in 2020 (last 2 polls Biden +4 and Biden +5, final result Biden +4.5), so this has to be taken seriously.  Also makes me think there's about a 90% chance their final VA poll shows a Youngkin lead.  

Emerson also had Newsom +2 and then +20 in California in a matter of weeks, so...

It's funny how we're called D hacks and yet every single time there is a terrible poll for Ds, the blue avatars come running in and ignoring every other poll of the race.
I mean...those CA numbers are believable. Newsom gained momentum quickly once he had Elder to demonize, and he got Dems to rally around him and come home.

The final margin ended up being about No+24, so they did understate Ds by a few points. I think they likely are here as well, and could see Murphy winning by 8-9 quite easily. I do think it’ll end up being a disappointing but reasonably comfortable margin.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2021, 10:47:06 AM »

I mean...those CA numbers are believable. Newsom gained momentum quickly once he had Elder to demonize, and he got Dems to rally around him and come home.

The final margin ended up being about No+24, so they did understate Ds by a few points. I think they likely are here as well, and could see Murphy winning by 8-9 quite easily. I do think it’ll end up being a disappointing but reasonably comfortable margin.

Newsom was never only winning "no" by single digits in California.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2021, 11:06:35 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2021, 11:10:29 AM by RoboWop »

They also barely polled NJ, though their final poll in September was pretty much bang-on the margin.

Emerson was the most accurate presidential level poll in 2020 (last 2 polls Biden +4 and Biden +5, final result Biden +4.5), so this has to be taken seriously.  Also makes me think there's about a 90% chance their final VA poll shows a Youngkin lead. 

Show me the "other polls" being ignored. This is the only independent post-debate polling, and the other two most recent polls also have it at nine points.

We'll probably get another Monmouth and another Rutgers-Eagleton and that's it. Maybe a Q-poll. This is what we have to go on right now, and it matches what anyone who has been following the race thinks: a tighter-than-should-have-been win for Murphy.

Bottom line: wait for more polls before saying Murphy has either sewed it up or is in real trouble.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies