Final DDNN Debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:55:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Final DDNN Debate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Final DDNN Debate  (Read 405 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2021, 05:19:22 PM »

Hello and welcome to the third and final DDNN Presidential Debate! We welcome the participation of all six declared tickets! Please do not post on this thread if you are not a candidate.

We will try to keep this as live as possible. Questions will be largely defense/foreign policy focused.

First, we will allow time for candidates to make opening statements. Then there will be several rounds of questioning. Candidates may go back and forth and rebut each others points as they wish.

Candidates, please proceed with your opening statement!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 06:07:43 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2021, 06:11:44 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

First I would once again like to thank DDNN for hosting this debate.

Well, although the feeling about Atlasia's future might be described as lukewarm at best, I reaffirm my commitment to promoting activity on all levels of government. With a new Game Moderator at the helm, Mr. Lumine, Atlasia is on the course to a new era. Foreign policy will play a much greater role in the next administration than in previous ones, and I believe I am the most experienced candidate on this front. I have been on the National Security Council for various administrations, including our current one, which also had a much-needed leadership change recently in our Secretary of State.

The defining characteristic of my foreign policy is the goal towards diplomacy and peace through strength. As Commander-in-Chief, I will do all that is necessary to prevent war and i will continue to work with Secretary wxtransit and our National Security Council to stabilize the problems ongoing overseas.

And while I believe in Atlasia First, I do not believe in Atlasia Alone. And maintaining a constructive relationship with our allies is key to that.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 07:56:30 PM »

A great thanks to DDNN for hosting this final debate.

Atlasia, you have a choice between the status quo and changing this land for the better. It is my greatest hope that this country changes course to have an improved future. I believe I am the only candidate that can bring these sweeping reforms. If we do not change course, we will cease to exist as a nation. This ticket will not let that happen. I will fight for you in Nyman, restore our prosperity, ensure our citizens have the best quality of life possible, and guide this country as President.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 08:18:43 PM »

All right. As before, Senator Cao is free to join us when he chooses. Let's proceed with the first set of questions:

1. What is your feeling on the overall size of the Atlasian Defense Budget - is it too high or too low? Broadly speaking, where would you add or subtract dollars?

2. Do you feel the Southern Atlasian Border is adequately secure? Why or why not?

3. In the previous debate, all candidates expressed opposition to the attempted secession of Lincoln. However that is not the only independence movement in existence. As reported by previous GM Peanut, a group of Hawaiian state legislators created the "Liliuokalani Group", have made a political push for independence. What actions will you take to prevent this movement from gaining traction and endangering our union?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 08:45:58 PM »

1. What is your feeling on the overall size of the Atlasian Defense Budget - is it too high or too low? Broadly speaking, where would you add or subtract dollars?

Atlasia currently spends $504 billion for the military budget, which is a fair amount less than the $617 billion spent OTL, in addition to $69 billion in "war funding". We might need to anticipate a slight increase in future military spending, but as it stands now I am satisfied with current funding.

2. Do you feel the Southern Atlasian Border is adequately secure? Why or why not?

We've made great strides in recent years to address illegal immigration at its source and to promote legal immigration. I am not aware of any reported border incidents and so I assume that current law is being enforced fairly and effectively at the Southern Border.

3. In the previous debate, all candidates expressed opposition to the attempted secession of Lincoln. However that is not the only independence movement in existence. As reported by previous GM Peanut, a group of Hawaiian state legislators created the "Liliuokalani Group", have made a political push for independence. What actions will you take to prevent this movement from gaining traction and endangering our union?

And the Lincoln secession movement, the same as this "Liliuokalani Group" during Hawaii's last election, was rejected soundly at the polls. Our Constitution protects the right of these groups to exist, provided that they follow the law.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 09:25:13 PM »

Next Set of Questions:

1. The Atlasian relationship with China is on rocky ground, with both sides sanctioning the other by various means. There are several options before the next administration, including outright war on china or trying to repair the relationship somehow. Are you satisfied with current Atlasian policy surrounding China and what changes would you make?

2. There has been concern in recent months about an authoritarian movement in Latin America, particularly in El Salvador. What actions, if any, should Atlasia take to combat this movement?

3. Do you believe current Atlasian trade agreements with Mexico and Canada adequately protect Atlasian workers? What changes if any would you make to such agreements?

Due to scheduling conflicts with the opposition candidates, this will be the last round posted tonight and I will pose more questions tomorrow.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 09:44:03 PM »

1. The Atlasian relationship with China is on rocky ground, with both sides sanctioning the other by various means. There are several options before the next administration, including outright war on china or trying to repair the relationship somehow. Are you satisfied with current Atlasian policy surrounding China and what changes would you make?

I absolutely want to prevent war with China. The risks of entering a war with a nuclear power are self-evident, especially if Russia becomes involved. I support our hard-line position on Taiwan, and I also support long-term measures to improve our ties with Pacific powers in order to weaken China's influence.

2. There has been concern in recent months about an authoritarian movement in Latin America, particularly in El Salvador. What actions, if any, should Atlasia take to combat this movement?

I will say I consider myself a foreign policy dove. Unless these authoritarian movements turn to genocides, I favor a policy of non-intervention. The State Department is well-stacked with other priorities, and I would like to see us address those.

3. Do you believe current Atlasian trade agreements with Mexico and Canada adequately protect Atlasian workers? What changes if any would you make to such agreements?

I actually wrote a law that protects Atlasian agriculture against illegal dumping practices from Mexico, which will be particularly helpful to citrus farmers. I do not support protectionism as a policy, but I do support investing in domestic industry and small businesses in particular. Ford recently announced plans to build new plants in Kentucky and Tennessee, which will create thousands of jobs. We are far from where we need to be some areas, but we are seeing a renaissance in manufacturing here within our borders.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 01:38:06 AM »

Opening statement

Thanks for having us here once again, Wulfric.

I mentioned in a prior speech and at the last debate that foreign policy presents a real opportunity for the activity uptick we need, largely because of the great team at the State Department and the NSC and, once again, an active GM. In that sense I don't think we will be let down by the course Atlasia charts over the next few months on the world stage no matter who becomes President. There are lots of possibilities for the kind of foreign policy we can accomplish with this team, in the areas of international cooperation and trade in addition to our efforts to keep the peace and mediate in these international hotspots, lots of interesting stuff that can be done that will help both our Atlasian citizens and the folks abroad. I am for a peaceful course, a course focusing on realizing these ideals, and a course that will protect our people and give them new opportunities.

What is your feeling on the overall size of the Atlasian Defense Budget - is it too high or too low? Broadly speaking, where would you add or subtract dollars?

I haven't noted any major overhauls that need to be made within the defense budget. Of course we will have to reevaluate precise allocations as necessary given the tense ongoing situation and the possibility of things going south beyond our control, but my main goal is to maintain our defense capabilities as far as possible and I don't anticipate making any major reductions in its spending.

Do you feel the Southern Atlasian Border is adequately secure? Why or why not?

Well, given we haven't had any news to the contrary and the very commendable federal immigration proposals that many people over the past years invested time and effort into making as comprehensive as possible, it appears we don't have any things to complain about. If the government does not have a reason to tighten security on the southern border it shouldn't do so.

In the previous debate, all candidates expressed opposition to the attempted secession of Lincoln. However that is not the only independence movement in existence. As reported by previous GM Peanut, a group of Hawaiian state legislators created the "Liliuokalani Group", have made a political push for independence. What actions will you take to prevent this movement from gaining traction and endangering our union?

So far the group appears to be pursuing its aims through primarily electoral means and voters have rejected them. As long as they stay that way they have the right to do so, as we likewise have the right to take our own electoral stances on the issue and Hawaiians have the right to evaluate these. Unlike some other countries I could name, we're not big on cracking heads open with batons because people vote the wrong way. Both Hawaii and Lincoln have demonstrated that.

The Atlasian relationship with China is on rocky ground, with both sides sanctioning the other by various means. There are several options before the next administration, including outright war on China or trying to repair the relationship somehow. Are you satisfied with current Atlasian policy surrounding China and what changes would you make?

We are not going to go to war if we can help it. Given the superiority and likelihood of success of other options at our disposal I do not think we will need to help it. I will work to the utmost alongside our foreign policy team (who are doing a fantastic job, by the way) to pursue some form of diplomatic settlement amicable to all sides. Atlasia should likewise continue reaching out to our allies and other countries in the region, most of whom have an interest in not destabilizing East Asia yet again, to help mediate this situation and prevent a further slide towards war. These steps must be taken post-haste; we have already lost a great deal of time to inactivity; whatever channels the President is pursuing at the moment, and I wish him the best on that, they need to be among the highest priority for the incoming President to consider.

There has been concern in recent months about an authoritarian movement in Latin America, particularly in El Salvador. What actions, if any, should Atlasia take to combat this movement?

Well, we obviously have to wait for further GM input on the current state of these movements, and as I mentioned in my foreign-policy speech it is incredibly concerning that democracy across the region is backsliding in this manner. For now we will seek any way possible to maintain the safety of our Atlasian citizens there and continue watching the region alongside our international allies and humanitarian organizations.

Do you believe current Atlasian trade agreements with Mexico and Canada adequately protect Atlasian workers? What changes if any would you make to such agreements?

The main priority for our workers must be the provision of enough opportunities for them to thrive on their own terms, and recent policy pursued at both federal and regional levels has been great for our agriculture, our industrial production, and the like. I believe the continued pursuit of this overall aim, which lies mostly independent of any major overhauls to our present trade agreements, will ensure Atlasians are adequately provided for. So I don't see any necessary changes to make as of now.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 05:14:42 AM »

All right. As before, Senator Cao is free to join us when he chooses. Let's proceed with the first set of questions:

1. The Atlasian military budget stands at $504 billion. I believe the current military budget is sufficient to defend our country. We should add funding to space operations and subtract from purchasing new equipment.

2. More needs to be done on the Atlasian border. As we know there are many illegal border crossings and it is important that we keep our citizens safe. Past legislation has ensured that our border remain secure, but we should not become lax on the matter. I support legal immigration, and expanding visas for skilled labor.

3. This group in Hawaii is allowed to exist and have their expression, however, we should ensure that this is expressed through peaceful means. We should avoid giving legitimacy to them and protect our institutions.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 05:20:22 AM »

Next Set of Questions:

Due to scheduling conflicts with the opposition candidates, this will be the last round posted tonight and I will pose more questions tomorrow.

1. I remain dissatisfied with the current Atlasian policy on China and think there is more to be done. China is one of our top adversaries in game, and they will do whatever it takes to get ahead of us. We must avoid war, but not allow China's subversive tactics. Pursuing this matter from a diplomatic lens is best to keep our people safe. However, if China chose to pose a direct threat to Atlasia, we would respond in kind. China's influence extends far in the Pacific, we must work jointly with allies in the region by strengthening our grade relationships.

2. We should closely monitor this situation to ensure it does not escalate. If this situation does escalate into a crisis, we need to send humanitarian aid to the civilians. Protecting Atlasian interests in the region should be the top priority for now.

3. As President, the trade agreements I will pursue with other nations will favor the Atlasian people. These trade agreements so far have been fair, but I would like to see more favorablility on the issue of manufacturing.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 10:08:28 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2021, 10:50:14 AM by Lincoln Deputy Dwarven Dragon »

Next Set:

1. Are you satisfied with Atlasian relations and trade agreements with the European Union?

2. Are you satisfied with Atlasian policy toward North Korea?

3. Are you satisfied with Atlasian Policy toward Russia and how would you continue to combat this potentially dangerous power?

4. Generally speaking, is it atlasia's job to get involved in providing humanitarian or economic aid to other countries, or should we remain focused solely on our own affairs?

5. Should Atlasia give large quantities of covid vaccines to poorer nations, or should we keep all supply here for booster shot use and/or in hopes unvaccinated people eventually get the shot?

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 10:28:06 AM »

1. Are you satisfied with Atlasian relations and trade agreements with the European Union?

I am very satisfied with our relationship with our friends in the European Union. In recent months, Atlasia has entered an agreement with the EU to eradicate tax havens for rich multinational corporations. I will continue to work with the EU on pressuring Ireland and Hungary to enter this agreement.

2. Are you satisfied with Atlasian policy toward North Korea? Are there further actions we should take surrounding nuclear weapon activity in the Area?

This matter was settled years ago after the Second Korean War.. As it stands, North Koreans overwhelmingly want reunification and South Korea has agreed to talks. Addressing the matter and continuing to mediate these talks is vital to gaining a new ally in East Asia.

3. Are you satisfied with Atlasian Policy toward Russia and how would you continue to combat this potentially dangerous power?

We will continue to support our friends in the European Union, but it would be unwise to antagonize one nuclear power while we are already in conflict with one.

4. Generally speaking, is it atlasia's job to get involved in providing humanitarian or economic aid to other countries, or should we remain focused solely on our own affairs?

We should provide humanitarian aid, so long as great oversight is in place over where our money is going, but I am only willing to resort to military action as an absolute last resort. Broadly speaking, I do not support nation-building and especially attempts at forcing democracy on countries where democracy will not or has not worked.

5. Should Atlasia give large quantities of covid vaccines to poorer nations, or should we keep all supply here for booster shot use and/or in hopes unvaccinated people eventually get the shot?

We should aid poorer nations with extra vaccines, but we must also maintain a universal supply for people here.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »

This matter was settled years ago after the Second Korean War..

Thank you, question is updated for the remaining candidates.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 01:16:12 PM »

Are you satisfied with Atlasian relations and trade agreements with the European Union?

Generally, yes. We have not had any major problems with regard to where things stand on the economic and diplomatic side, going back to the Brexit business where we struck a balance between the UK and the EU that has persisted in spite of all the forces against it, and our record since then has been one of general success at keeping events and the balance books in order. We do plenty of balancing acts in the diplomatic sphere but this has been a very successful one.

We are continuing to do all we can to encourage the increased democratization of North Korea, and in that respect I am perfectly satisfied with our current policy. But once we know a bit more about the state of the Kim trial and its specific impacts on domestic politics in the nation we'll be better equipped to understand the problems it's obviously going through on that front.

Are you satisfied with Atlasian Policy toward Russia and how would you continue to combat this potentially dangerous power?

As Yankee has famously said we are not going to implement Vladimir Putin's foreign policy on his behalf and that extends to his attempts at fuel diplomacy with the EU and with Eastern European countries in particular. Nothing would make him happier than an EU free to fall under his influence – energy-based or otherwise. To the extent that Russia behaves itself and does not begin shooting down planes or anything of the sort, we will keep the peace as far as possible; it may be a diminished power but it still behooves us to tread carefully while making clear our position vis-a-vis the other European nations.

Generally speaking, is it Atlasia's job to get involved in providing humanitarian or economic aid to other countries, or should we remain focused solely on our own affairs?

I think the material opportunities made available to Atlasians ought to be available to people in other nations. Within reason we certainly should continue to promote humanitarian aid, whatever economic development works in the nation(s) concerned, and employ our diplomatic channels as one of the nations with enough resources and authority at our disposal to pursue similar goals. Our aim should not be to impose assistance from the top down, but rather help people if they can and want to be helped.

Should Atlasia give large quantities of COVID vaccines to poorer nations, or should we keep all supply here for booster shot use and/or in hopes unvaccinated people eventually get the shot?

Yes, yes, we absolutely should. As I also talked about during the previous debate, vaccine diplomacy is a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned. There's only so many vaccines we can manufacture before new COVID mutations that negate our current vaccines become possible, which could happen anywhere in the world, certainly elsewhere if not here in Atlasia – we can continue to dump excess shots on our shores while vaccination lags in the developed world and extra space is created for those mutations to arrive sooner, or we can send them abroad to the nations that need them, and work with international organizations to help oversee vaccine administration if necessary.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2021, 01:36:39 PM »

Final set of questions:

Foreign

1. What is the ideal solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict? Explain why your solution is better than other proposed solutions.

Domestic

1. Overall, are you satisfied with the text and implementation of the fifth constitution? Do you see any particular flaws to amend going forward?

2. The next congress may consider action regarding Chief Justice Windjammer after certain...unfortunate recent events.
--- a. If there is a vote to censure Justice Windjammer, how do you plan to vote and why?
--- b. If there is a vote to impeach Justice Windjammer, how do you plan to vote and why?

---

Once all questions are answered, candidates can proceed with their closing statement. Thank you all for your participation in this debate!

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 02:30:02 PM »

Foreign

1. What is the ideal solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict? Explain why your solution is better than other proposed solutions.

We need to work with the Gantz government to broker a peace deal, but we also must insist that the illegal settlement-building ends. Annexation of any existing Palestinian territory must be off the table, and this is an area where our administrations would certainly differ if I were to win the presidency. We know that a one-state solution would satisfy nobody. We know that antagonizing Israel to extreme lengths will not serve the purpose of establishing peace. But I view Palestine as Atlasia's best entry to improved relations with the Arab world.

Domestic

1. Overall, are you satisfied with the text and implementation of the fifth constitution? Do you see any particular flaws to amend going forward?

As First Minister Truman correctly points out, there are simply more offices in this country than people willing to fill them and serve actively. But I do not want to scrap the constitution so soon after adopting it. This may be an idea worth revisiting in the future.

2. The next congress may consider action regarding Chief Justice Windjammer after certain...unfortunate recent events.
--- a. If there is a vote to censure Justice Windjammer, how do you plan to vote and why?
--- b. If there is a vote to impeach Justice Windjammer, how do you plan to vote and why?

I do believe that the Chief Justice was wrong to make political statements from the bench, but I do not believe that censure or impeachment deliberations is proper use of the Senate's time. Although I would not block any resolutions, I do not intend on voting for them. Whether I am president or still in the Senate, I want to mend hostilities rather than exacerbate them.

I would also like to reiterate, as the Chief Justice has said, that his decision to block the LouisvilleThunder case from proceeding was a unanimous one. I respect the Court's decision and maintain confidence in its impartiality.

My friends, this weekend marks the final step on our journey. I believe I am the most qualified candidate up on this stage because I have the experience, as a former executive of three regions, as leader of the Senate, and as a member of our national security team, to put our country back on the path of activity and make foreign policy, among other issues, relevant in this game once again.

I cannot promise activity beyond what I plan to bring to the White House. We need engagement at all levels of government. We need to keep our regional governments to keep working, as well as the Senate to address the pressing issues we will be tackling in the next administration.

To those who've already pledged their support, Battista and I are honored. And we're eager to win every last vote we can get as we set a new path forward in the New Great Society.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 04:07:06 PM »

I believe that we should have stronger agreements with the EU, but we should keep our diplomatic channels open.

Absolutely not. We cannot afford to be lenient on North Korea, a key adversary in the Pacific. As President, I will be committed to the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula and ensure a stable transition. The results of the trial remain to be seen, but we can hope that it will lead to a favorable outcome for Atlasia.

No, we need to keep Russia at bay by interacting with our trading partners in the region and touting the EU's initiatives. Collective security is the best way to keep Russia in check. A united Europe is needed going forward to ensure that all countries are interconnected and to isolate Russia as much as possible.

Yes, Atlasia should intervene only in crisis situations of a humanitarian magnitude. We certainly must be mindful of our expenditures and if these monies are going into the right hands. Sometimes our intentions are good, but the outcomes are not what we hoped. We need to be very careful with this, and directly assist those in need.

Absolutely. Not only is this a public health win for Atlasia in stopping the spread of COVID, but also a net positive for economic interests. We should give/sell as much as the vaccine as possible to contain the spread of this disease.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 04:13:11 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2021, 04:20:17 PM by Senator Spark »

Foreign

As President, my solution to this conflict would be simple. Get both groups to the bargaining table and pledge support for both. However, Palestine must revoke any funding for terrorist organizations as a condition for international recognition. A two state solution is best moving forward as well as a ceasefire to stop this bloodshed. This solution is best because it is hearing all sides in this conflict and not showing favoritism to Israel.

Domestic

The 5th Constitution's implementation has gone rather smoothly. It is by no means perfect at all, and regional and local implementation should be a priority going forward to ensure that there are clear guidelines about these changes.

I condemn Chief Justice Windjammer's reaction and conduct during the trial of LouisvilleThunder. It is my great hope that he apologize publicly and come to his senses to recognize the bad example that was set. That conduct demonstrates a lack of respect for the law and believe that the Chief Justice was lacking judgment in that case due to becoming embroiled in a personal matter.

a. If there was a vote the censure the Chief Justice, I would vote in the affirmative because we cannot afford someone of that stature to making threats in a public thread and especially a courtroom. It ets a bad precedent because it is displaying that anything goes and improper conduct would be considered acceptable.

b. I would vote no on impeachment because unless the Chief Justice follows through on his threats, it does not meet the threshold of a high crime or misdemeanor to warrant such action.

Once all questions are answered, candidates can proceed with their closing statement. Thank you all for your participation in this debate!

Everyone, I appreciate the support I've been given up to this point. I believe that this ticket is best positioned to lead Atlasia into a better future. My runningmate and I are not of the political establishment, we work for you. I've fought for Atlasia my entire career, owed up to mistakes and taken accountability, and led in tough times.

I hope to earn your support to fix a broken system that only works for some of us. The Labor party will not fix these problems, I assure you that the opposition will.

If you are tired and feel like we need a change, look no further. Vote for myself and CentristRepublican, we will come to Nyman and ensure things get right on day 1. Labor will never take your interests into account, and if they keep getting elected, they will take you for granted. Labor neglects other perspectives, misleads the public, and fails to handle each crisis. We need a breath of fresh air in our government. Change is near, and change will happen when the people take a stand for what is right at the ballot box. Don't forget that our futures are at stake and nothing will change unless we elect this ticket. I am different because I don't work for the broken, failed party establishment, but I work for you.

Consider your options, if you are dissatisfied with either party, you have a place in our campaign. It's time for moderates, independents, and disaffected citizens to come together to denounce this inactivity, lawlessness, and lack of regard for our institutions. And time for us to move forward to a better future filled with progress and pragmatic solutions.

I hope to earn your vote this weekend. Your support means the world to me.

Remember to get out and vote! This is the most important election of our time.

Best,

Spark
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 10:35:04 PM »

What is the ideal solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict? Explain why your solution is better than other proposed solutions.

The overarching goal of our efforts should be to promote peace in the region. My view is that Atlasia must balance the interests of both Israel and Palestine as far as possible, though certainly not if the demands of one infringe upon the rights to existence of the other (militarily, with malignant intent, or otherwise). In that sense my general stance could be described as a two-state solution with extra conditions, which will help us in sustaining our wider diplomatic balancing act with the rest of the Middle East.

Overall, are you satisfied with the text and implementation of the fifth constitution? Do you see any particular flaws to amend going forward?

It's very hard to say how much of our current state is down to plain inactivity and how much is caused by the changes to the federal government in the Fifth Constitution, though my general feeling is that we would be looking at a similar crisis under the Fourth. In any case another constitutional overhaul should not be our current priority; getting activity up again by other means should be.

The next congress may consider action regarding Chief Justice Windjammer after certain...unfortunate recent events.

If I am in the Senate I lean towards voting to censure—I'd have to consider the totality of the situation going forward and what impact it would have on the relationship between the legislative and judicial branches—but definitely not to impeach. Threatening people's careers and the like are hardly kosher at the best of times, incredibly irresponsible when made by a presiding officer in a court of law. But that is not an impeachable offence by any means.

Closing statement

As we head into this weekend's election I want to make very clear that nothing we do matters without an active game. This is only the beginning for our collective responsibility in raising engagement and activity once more, fixing the broken feedback loops between elections and government, and promoting a sensible policy for our people both at home and abroad. My campaign has made strides toward fulfilling all those goals; I look forward to hitting them as President with your help and your support.

This has been a great learning journey for me, as it must be for all of us if we are to reaffirm Atlasia's ideal as a place for everyone to learn and flourish. I hope I have likewise challenged some of you—I certainly intend to continue doing so regardless of whether you folks put your trust in me this weekend.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies