Spark's Public forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:03:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark's Public forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spark's Public forum  (Read 479 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2021, 09:12:05 PM »

This space will be used to air grievances of Spark the citizen/person, not the officeholder. I would like to hear your honest feedback about me and how I can best improve relationships with all members of this game.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 09:25:55 PM »

If it helps, I thought it was problematic that, in spite of all the feedback listing the reasons why such an early presidential campaign was a bad idea, and why appointing people to stuff without their consent was also a bad idea (as well as in bad taste), you didn't seem to listen or take note of it. If anything, you seemed to be doubling down on what was essentially unserious behavior even if you yourself were serious about it, and things went downhill from there. Then there's the baggage issue, which, if I may, probably wasn't handled the best way either.

So if I may make a suggestion, I think a cool down on the whole presidential thing in order to focus on other stuff - policy work, a given issue, perhaps a creative effort? - might be of help in different fronts. But really, the biggest advice is that, if you're told on a multipartisan basis that something is being done wrong, it might be best to correct it and not go full speed ahead.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 09:36:24 PM »

If it helps, I thought it was problematic that, in spite of all the feedback listing the reasons why such an early presidential campaign was a bad idea, and why appointing people to stuff without their consent was also a bad idea (as well as in bad taste), you didn't seem to listen or take note of it. If anything, you seemed to be doubling down on what was essentially unserious behavior even if you yourself were serious about it, and things went downhill from there. Then there's the baggage issue, which, if I may, probably wasn't handled the best way either.

So if I may make a suggestion, I think a cool down on the whole presidential thing in order to focus on other stuff - policy work, a given issue, perhaps a creative effort? - might be of help in different fronts. But really, the biggest advice is that, if you're told on a multipartisan basis that something is being done wrong, it might be best to correct it and not go full speed ahead.

Understandable. These are lessons learned.

I intend to shift away from my presidential ambitions at the moment to work on some issues in the Senate and help to heal the partisan divides we face in Atlasia.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 08:04:14 PM »

I want all to know I am open to working with anyone and do not hold grudges. How can I help ya'll to trust me more? I have the utmost integrity in office. I plan to work hard this term to gain the support of all Atlasians.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 09:54:53 PM »

What do you have to say about these absurdly partisan comments made about our President-elect?

How do you expect people to believe you when you say that you’re “open to working with anyone” and that you want to “heal the partisan divide”?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 07:27:45 AM »

What do you have to say about these absurdly partisan comments made about our President-elect?

How do you expect people to believe you when you say that you’re “open to working with anyone” and that you want to “heal the partisan divide”?

That also was all part of the campaign. I have not subscribed to those tactics in the Senate and do not plan to do so. But if I disagree with a bill in principle, I'm going to object to it.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 09:51:51 PM »

I'm certainly interested to learn what I should be impeached for. Alas, it is disappointing that a presidential candidate would use such extreme, partisan rhetoric. This type of politics was soundly rejected last weekend.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 02:25:04 PM »

That also was all part of the campaign.

So what, everything is justified if it is a campaign tactic? This certainly has some dangerous implications....

Mitt Romney's etch a sketch statement was not a successful "Oblivate" Charm and this isn't either.

---

If it proves necessary, I would be happy to be a character witness in Scott's favor during any impeachment trial. There is a difference between reasoned opposition (to which I certainly have some towards the incoming administration) and your proposed complete fanatical obstruction and excommunication that has no place in this game and needs to stop having a place IRL.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2021, 02:27:08 PM »

That also was all part of the campaign. I have not subscribed to those tactics in the Senate and do not plan to do so. But if I disagree with a bill in principle, I'm going to object to it.
These comments were made the day after the election ended.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies