Atlasian Movement to Impeach Justice Windjammer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:43:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Movement to Impeach Justice Windjammer
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Movement to Impeach Justice Windjammer  (Read 864 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2021, 07:43:07 PM »

In the "trial" for LT, Windjammer committed the following highly unethical and political actions:

1) Let LT drag out hiring a lawyer
2) Let a sitting justice represent him
3) Demanded Tack justify an objection against past tradition
4) When Tack refused to justify an objection, rather than immediately disregarding it or immediately accepting it, waited around for 2 weeks before disregarding it
5) Dismissed the case with no explicit request from Tack to do so
6) Immediately Dismissed the replacement case, letting LT go free for his crimes

Thus we, the people of Atlasia, demand the next administration/congress seek to impeach him.

X Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 07:59:44 PM »

Additionally he is now threatening the careers of those who disagree with his decisions, which blatantly violates the notion that judges are to be impartial
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 08:00:05 PM »

Full support. x Spark
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 08:13:52 PM »

I support this. If Justice Windjammer continues to allow a major criminal continue to do these acts, Windjammer deserves to be impeached.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 08:20:13 AM »

No
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 09:37:43 AM »

The Chief Justice is the wrong target for this.

We need to hold Louisville Thunder and his Federalist enablers (yes, every last one of them) accountable.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 10:05:15 AM »

We need to hold Louisville Thunder and his Federalist enablers (yes, every last one of them) accountable.

Considering you guys refuse to challenge him for the Southern Governorship, and Windjammer will refuse any further cases against LT, not sure how accountability is going to happen unless impeachment is pursued so a different Chief Justice who will actually be impartial and take this case is placed in office.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 01:53:57 PM »

The copium is strong here. Kiss
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 02:08:41 PM »

Considering you guys refuse to challenge him for the Southern Governorship, and Windjammer will refuse any further cases against LT, not sure how accountability is going to happen unless impeachment is pursued so a different Chief Justice who will actually be impartial and take this case is placed in office.
Hey, it would be fun for both sides of the game for me to face a Larry Elder to my Gavin Newsom. Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 11:30:10 PM »

I appointed Windjammer to the court in order to be highly unethical and political. This is how the court has always worked, both prior to the Glorious Reset and prior to Dissolution. It's sad this generation of teenagers and malcontents don't understand anything!

MOTION DENIED

x WE WANT GRIFF
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 11:31:53 PM »

Yes, I love how one of the reasons for impeachment of a Justice is "the Right is too stupid and slow to do anything for themselves in a court proceeding". Was this during the time they all claimed they were just walking away from the game because it was too boring? Huh
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 01:14:35 AM »

I appointed Windjammer to the court in order to be highly unethical and political.

Made possible by only the best corruption that four separate political parties colluding together can buy.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 01:21:37 AM »

I appointed Windjammer to the court in order to be highly unethical and political.

Made possible by only the best corruption that four separate political parties colluding together can buy.

Thank you, supermajority right-wing Senate!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 02:51:10 AM »

I will never support this.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 05:57:02 AM »

I mean,
Wulfric has already changed the reason about why he wanted to impeach me so I guess he would find an another one pretty soon if necessary.
But seriously, regarding the argument about how my conduct was inappropriate for a judge. Have you ever participated (as a guest ) in  a trial seriously? Because justices are oftenvery aggressive..
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2021, 08:25:56 AM »

I'll bite and be serious for a second. Windjammer - like many of us - does have a habit to lash out when he feels aggrieved in some fashion, and while the reaction itself is understandable in emotional terms, the act of threatening people in public (even if it's just a comment in the heat of the moment) is wrong and irresponsible, and it has very little to do with protecting the independence of the judiciary.

So in that sense, it is an instance of inappropriate behavior, and as our respected Chief Justice he should know better. On the other side, if the first thing those outraged at the situation do is pretty much threaten impeachment for him to rule a certain way, as opposed to wield this constitutional tool in a responsible manner, don't be surprised when a lot of people find it difficult to take the effort seriously.

If we were in the business of impeaching people for inappropriate comments, half the game would be barred from office for life. So at the risk of being a moderate hero™, I would suggest Windjammer might benefit from treating personal criticisms in a more measured manner, and certain people might want to give serious thought to not committing the same behavior they want to impeach an officer for.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2021, 11:43:04 AM »

The copium is strong here. Kiss

If it wasn't blatantly unconstitutional I'd be introducing a bill of attainder right now Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2021, 03:13:11 PM »

I'll bite and be serious for a second. Windjammer - like many of us - does have a habit to lash out when he feels aggrieved in some fashion, and while the reaction itself is understandable in emotional terms, the act of threatening people in public (even if it's just a comment in the heat of the moment) is wrong and irresponsible, and it has very little to do with protecting the independence of the judiciary.

So in that sense, it is an instance of inappropriate behavior, and as our respected Chief Justice he should know better. On the other side, if the first thing those outraged at the situation do is pretty much threaten impeachment for him to rule a certain way, as opposed to wield this constitutional tool in a responsible manner, don't be surprised when a lot of people find it difficult to take the effort seriously.

If we were in the business of impeaching people for inappropriate comments, half the game would be barred from office for life. So at the risk of being a moderate hero™, I would suggest Windjammer might benefit from treating personal criticisms in a more measured manner, and certain people might want to give serious thought to not committing the same behavior they want to impeach an officer for.
As always, I think you have summed up the situation very well. I recognize that I should have avoided making this kind of statement and that it didn't appease the situation to say the least lol.

But really, I didn't intentionnally screw up the trial so Louisville couldn't face a ruling. This was a unanimous ruling not some kind of plots from my side.

I do confirm that at personal level I didn't want this trial to take place because this game is a simply a game and as soon as the offense does have some RL consequences, I do believe this shouldn't be handled by a fantasy court but by the moderators directly, and this is still my position. But still, in te end I didn't at all block this trial from happening.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 04:12:33 PM »

Odds are WJ is not going to be impeached anyways, just Censured - leaving him still in office. While I personally think his threat speaks volumes about how he no longer intends to be impartial, I'd love to be proven wrong in the coming months.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies