People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:07:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0)  (Read 2864 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2021, 07:58:27 PM »

There is always this persistent with this game. This is always the people with the worst behavior (wanting to overthrow the judiciary system because they disagree with a ruling) who are trying to lecture some other people.

Never change Atlasia!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2021, 07:58:41 PM »

You know we have a thread for all this and probably would have made Windjammer's comments slightly less problematic (location wise anyway) had he used it. Tongue

Quite frankly he should keep it here and continue to justify the case for impeaching him
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2021, 08:06:10 PM »

I won't be using the bench to screw you. Don't worry for that.

Like both of you have been considering impeaching the supreme court because a decision didn't go your way, you don't think your behavior was acceptable either?

Impeachment is a constitutional procedure, unlike whatever it is you're doing.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2021, 08:08:42 PM »

Like both of you have been considering impeaching the supreme court because a decision didn't go your way, you don't think your behavior was acceptable either?

And you don't see a problem with the separation of power to overthorw the judiciary system as soon you don't get your way?

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2021, 08:14:45 PM »

And you don't see a problem with the separation of power to overthorw the judiciary system as soon you don't get your way?

Oh, who is attempting to “overthrow the judiciary”? There has been nothing but criticism offered against you, (unless you consider that to be “overthrowing”). And you don’t see a problem with hurling threats against people from the bench? Interesting.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2021, 08:17:01 PM »

Oh, who is attempting to “overthrow the judiciary”? There has been nothing but criticism offered against you, (unless you consider that to be “overthrowing”). And you don’t see a problem with hurling threats against people from the bench? Interesting.

I'm.not talking "from the bench". I'm talking as an individual regarding that.

You have been calling for impeachment on discord because the supreme court ruled against you. This is a blatant power grab that is a direct violation of the separation of powers.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2021, 08:20:48 PM »

You have been calling for impeachment on discord because the supreme court ruled against you. This is a blatant power grab that is a direct violation of the separation of powers.

You are making these threats in a court case thread.

Further, removing one justice by a constitutional process does not amount to "overthrowing the judiciary." No one is immune to consequences if the majority of decision makers follow the correct procedure to find them incompetent.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2021, 08:21:53 PM »

Simply discussing impeachment is not a violation of anything, but sure.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2021, 08:22:56 PM »

Further, removing one justice by a constitutional process does not amount to "overthrowing the judiciary." No one is immune to consequences if the majority of decision makers follow the correct procedure to find them incompetent.

You are "overthrowing the judiciary" if you advocate to impeach justices if they don't go your way.

Well I was making this comment as a private citizen obviously.

It is see my answer above.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2021, 08:23:47 PM »

Backtrack on this decision and your threats and let the trial go forward. That is the only way you will secure your future at this stage.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2021, 08:24:49 PM »

Backtrack on this decision and your threats and let the trial go forward. That is the only way you will secure your future at this stage.
No one really sees a problem with that???
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2021, 08:26:35 PM »

You are "overthrowing the judiciary" if you advocate to impeach justices if they don't go your way.

Well I was making this comment as a private citizen obviously.

It is see my answer above.

No one is mad the case (or lack thereof) didn't go their way. The criticism is of your non-transparent and apparently biased decision making process to refuse to even hold a trial, and of your present conduct attacking that follow-up. I am frankly astounded at your behavior and lack of accountability here.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2021, 08:27:14 PM »

Impeachment is a constitutional process. It’s quite breathtaking that the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court thinks merely mentioning, (not even introducing an impeachment resolution) a procedure contained in the constitution is somehow akin to overthrowing the judiciary. And I can assure you, impeachment was not brought up because people didn’t like how the case went.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2021, 08:28:17 PM »

Can confirm, had a trial been completed in full and LT found innocent by a jury, I would accept that verdict and move on.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2021, 08:30:10 PM »

Impeachment is a constitutional process. It’s quite breathtaking that the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court thinks merely mentioning, (not even introducing an impeachment resolution) a procedure contained in the constitution is somehow akin to overthrowing the judiciary. And I can assure you, impeachment was not brought up because people didn’t like how the case went.
You and crane considered it because the outcome.didn't go your way. You really don't see a problem with tje Independence of justice if justices get removed When they don't rule a certain way?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2021, 08:30:15 PM »

How can one thread lead to so many people making so many terrible statements. Now we have counter threats.

All in a courtroom.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2021, 08:31:44 PM »

Quick somebody get Lumine, I want to see his story on this.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2021, 08:35:35 PM »

Quick somebody get Lumine, I want to see his story on this.

Already going through the old covers of Puck Magazine to see what fits best, though I'll wait until tomorrow to see how the debate goes.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2021, 08:39:53 PM »

You and crane considered it because the outcome.didn't go your way. You really don't see a problem with tje Independence of justice if justices get removed When they don't rule a certain way?

Again.

We all would have accepted the outcome of the trial. Your "ruling a certain way" has nothing to do with the grievances you have created as a result of your conduct.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2021, 08:41:18 PM »

Again.

We all would have accepted the outcome of the trial. Your "ruling a certain way" has nothing to do with the grievances you have created as a result of your conduct.

So why were you considering an impeachment if that wasn't about the ruling?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2021, 08:42:46 PM »

Again.

There was no ruling!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2021, 08:44:00 PM »

Again.

There was no ruling!
So why were you considering an impeachment if that wasn't about the ruling saying the trial was dismissed?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2021, 08:48:35 PM »

Again.

There was no ruling!
So why were you considering an impeachment if that wasn't about the ruling saying the trial was dismissed?

Because of your non-transparent and possibly corrupt methods of dispersing judicial complaints, denying the people of Atlasia a chance to seek justice which has the effect of unilaterally absolving someone of a crime.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2021, 08:51:12 PM »

Again.

There was no ruling!

It is about that but that isn't a ruling. A ruling is finding the defendant innocent or guilty, or a law unconstitutional or constitutional. None of that happened here. Instead you aided and abetted the defense in their delay of this trial, eventually threw up your hands and said you couldn't continue the trial because of a delay you helped bring forth, and then issued threats to those who disagreed. I fail to see how anyone can believe you will be impartial going forward.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2021, 08:52:02 PM »

Again.

There was no ruling!

Because of your non-transparent and possibly corrupt methods of dispersing judicial complaints, denying the people of Atlasia a chance to seek justice which has the effect of unilaterally absolving someone of a crime.

So you're seeking to overturn the judiciary when this doesn't go your way and as well spreading false conspiracies against me.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies