Argentina
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:36:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Argentina
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins the runoff?
Massa

Milei

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Argentina  (Read 1714 times)
jman123
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2023, 11:12:15 AM »

Patricia Bullrich, who came in third, endorsed Milei. How do you see this race moving forward?
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 11:17:40 AM »

Massa. It’s not impossible to overcome the combined weight of Peronist clientelism and Radical establishment, but 30% and second place is not a good enough starting point for that. The margin is a very interesting question though.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 12:16:05 PM »

Before the first round, I would’ve said Milei, but like Estrella said, 30% is probably not a good enough base.

I could see the margin being (that cursed margin) 52-48 in favor of Massa.
jman123
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 01:03:01 PM »

Massa. It’s not impossible to overcome the combined weight of Peronist clientelism and Radical establishment, but 30% and second place is not a good enough starting point for that. The margin is a very interesting question though.
Macri overcame 34 percent in 2015. What is different here?
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 01:13:48 PM »

Nobody remembers it now (least of all Macri himself) but in 2015 he ran on a moderate platform promising a very gradual tranistion away from Kirchnerist subsidies and restrictions to a more free economy, ideally with as little austerity as possible.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2023, 06:02:39 PM »

I'm going to say Milei+3 only because I'm hoping I can jinx it for him.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2023, 07:23:12 PM »

Peronist Patriots in control, it's Massa's election to lose
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 08:59:30 PM »

Anything could happen. Lean Massa right now
Cortarán todas las flores, pero jamás detendrán la primavera
philormus
Rookie
Argentina
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2023, 01:19:28 AM »

For anyone interested, here's a runoff simulator. Not the most accurate or the most scientific, but it helps get a rough idea.

My result was Milei 52,5% - Massa 47,5%. In line with what i thought, very close but lean Milei.

Here's the graphic:

Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2023, 08:55:44 AM »

For anyone interested, here's a runoff simulator. Not the most accurate or the most scientific, but it helps get a rough idea.

My result was Milei 52,5% - Massa 47,5%. In line with what i thought, very close but lean Milei.

Here's the graphic:

I did one attributing random % of transfers that I thought were more likely to happen for each party and nulls/blanks and I got:

Milei 50,1%
Massa 49,9%

No joke, I wasn’t even trying to get some specific result. It just happened.

I gave 71% of the JxC going to Milei and 60% of Hacemos por Nuestro Pais to Milei too, while predicting around 20%-23% of these two to be blank/null.

Frente de Izquierda I gave 89% to Massa - 11% Milei, with 11% being blank/null.

The blank/null votes I predicted to be more balanced, with 64%-68% repeating their blank/null vote from 1st round. But between new voters, I favored Massa with around 54%-58% of the vote, with Milei getting between 42%-46%

Of new participation, I predicted +0,84% turnout (extra 294k votes, reasonably low, I wanted to keep close to 1st round because I don’t think it will go much higher) and of these new voters I favored Massa to get 57% and Milei 43%.

FINAL RESULTS prediction with these transfers:

Milei - 50,1% (12.580.108 votes)
Massa - 49,9% (12.522.399 votes)

Milei wins for mere 57k votes lol
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2023, 09:15:04 AM »

Okay, I lowered down the blank/invalid transfers to closer to 5%-10% instead if 20%-25% - which was what I had no parameter to go on and now I still have:

Milei - 50,7%
Massa - 49,3%

Extremely close to a tie, but slightly leaning Milei indeed if he gets that 70% transfer from JxC and 65% from Hacemos por Nuestra Patria.

The higher the Bullrich voters abstain, the better it is for Massa is what I am getting. He needs at least >20% of these people to not pick a side and at least abstain and then overperform only a bit between new voters or voters who initially went blank/null.
jman123
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2023, 01:16:38 PM »

Okay, I lowered down the blank/invalid transfers to closer to 5%-10% instead if 20%-25% - which was what I had no parameter to go on and now I still have:

Milei - 50,7%
Massa - 49,3%

Extremely close to a tie, but slightly leaning Milei indeed if he gets that 70% transfer from JxC and 65% from Hacemos por Nuestra Patria.

The higher the Bullrich voters abstain, the better it is for Massa is what I am getting. He needs at least >20% of these people to not pick a side and at least abstain and then overperform only a bit between new voters or voters who initially went blank/null.

Basically, Milei winning depends on how much of the JxC vote goes to Milei. Didn't UCR already vote Massa?
TimeUnit2027
Rookie
British Indian Ocean Territory

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2023, 06:30:29 AM »

Here's the graphic:

I did one attributing random % of transfers that I thought were more likely to happen for each party and nulls/blanks and I got:

Milei 50,1%
Massa 49,9%

I gave 71% of the JxC going to Milei and 60% of Hacemos por Nuestro Pais to Milei too, while predicting around 20%-23% of these two to be blank/null.

The blank/null votes I predicted to be more balanced, with 64%-68% repeating their blank/null vote from 1st round. But between new voters, I favored Massa with around 54%-58% of the vote, with Milei getting between 42%-46%

Of new participation, I predicted +0,84% turnout (extra 294k votes, reasonably low, I wanted to keep close to 1st round because I don’t think it will go much higher) and of these new voters I favored Massa to get 57% and Milei 43%.

I believe Hacemos voters wouldn't go to Millei in such a big proportions ,or might go to Massa even
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2023, 08:59:53 AM »

I got 12.3 M for Massa and 12 4 M for Milei with the runoff simulator,  assuming that Bullrich and Schiaretti voters go 50% Milei 25% Massa and 25% wasted (Massa would get a majority of Bregman and new voters). I don't know if actual transfers will go in that way, but I think it's going to be tight
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2023, 09:18:46 AM »

Nobody remembers it now (least of all Macri himself) but in 2015 he ran on a moderate platform promising a very gradual tranistion away from Kirchnerist subsidies and restrictions to a more free economy, ideally with as little austerity as possible.

And went straight to the IMF which as always destroyed the economy.

Never go to the IMF, even the eurozone knows that now.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 11:04:14 AM »

Here's the graphic:

Milei 50,1%
Massa 49,9%

I believe Hacemos voters wouldn't go to Millei in such a big proportions ,or might go to Massa even

I adjusted the total vote to the expected 24,6 M total (100k higher than 1st round, like 2015) by upping the abstentions. The scenario got friendlier to Massa, so I adjusted the transfers a bit more in favor to Milei to see the 50/50 scenario.

JxC: 70% to Milei; 30% to Massa (24% Null/Blank)

Hacemos: 60% to Milei; 40% to Massa (22% Null/Blank)

Frente de Izquierda: 20% to Milei; 80% to Massa (15% Null/Blank)

Blank/Nulls: 50% to Milei; 50% to Massa (75% Null/Blank)

New voters: 50% to Milei; 50% to Massa (+0,34% turnout)

Final result:

Milei 50,1% (12,33 M votes)
Massa 49,9% (12,27 M votes)

Basically, Massa needs a 50/50 divide with Blank/Nulls and try avoid Milei getting a 70% transfer with JxC voters by taking away some of these from him.

The overall transfer that Massa needs is 40% Massa / 60% Milei. Frente de Izquierda + New Voters + Blank/Nulls will push that average somewhat down but JxC voters will make up the largest amount of the new vote so the JxC transfer can’t be that much higher than this 40/60, especially if most don’t abstain.

So as long as the Hacemos voters fall into a 40/60 divide (the transfer number Massa needs in average, so it’s in his favor) AND the JxC transfer is anything lower than a 30/70, then Massa has decent chances.

Would be useful if there was a poll asking JxC voters how they will vote. IF the abstention/blank/null intention % is lower than 25% and excluding these, Milei gets at least 70% vote intention while the rest goes to Massa, I would give it quite safely to Milei though.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2023, 07:00:16 PM »

I'm going to say Milei+3 only because I'm hoping I can jinx it for him.

After last night's elections here in the US, I am changing my prediction to Massa+3 because I was more accurate than usual with my predictions last night to an eerie extent.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies