TX-SEN: Ted Cruz vs. Beyonce
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:41:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN: Ted Cruz vs. Beyonce
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins this matchup?
Ted Cruz

Beyonce

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: TX-SEN: Ted Cruz vs. Beyonce  (Read 519 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2021, 08:02:14 PM »

Who wins a senate matchup between Ted Cruz and Beyonce?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 08:03:11 PM »

TX is Safe R, Biden fumbled the Border issue as well as FL
Southern Reactionary Dem
SouthernReactionaryDem
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 01:03:02 PM »

Ted Cruz. I think near term, 2018 was a high water mark for TX Dems. Cruz wasn't very popular, was caught sleeping on O'Rourke who visited every county and turbocharged Dem turnout while R voters stayed home. Beyonce has no hope of matching that (let alone winning) and Beto will likely not even come close to that performance in his gubernatorial bid next year.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 01:07:44 PM »

I'm surprised this isn't a bronz thread...
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 02:42:52 PM »

Safe Ted Cruz.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 02:45:02 PM »

Cruz would definitely be vulnerable in a good year for Democrats, but can we not nominate random celebrities?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 03:09:00 PM »

Cruz would definitely be vulnerable in a good year for Democrats, but can we not nominate random celebrities?

Cruz is looking to run for Prez and let Crenshaw take it if he is seen as vulnerable but he is under an ethics prove due to insurrectionist, no one will best Cruz unless a Castro bro runs and he won't run Joaquin or Julian unless Beto definitely wins the Gov

Beto can win he is only six pts back
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 06:41:19 PM »

Ted Cruz. I think near term, 2018 was a high water mark for TX Dems. Cruz wasn't very popular, was caught sleeping on O'Rourke who visited every county and turbocharged Dem turnout while R voters stayed home. Beyonce has no hope of matching that (let alone winning) and Beto will likely not even come close to that performance in his gubernatorial bid next year.

I didn't follow TX SEN 2018, though I obviously know it was very close. But I didn't know Beto visited all 254 counties in TX. You mean to say he visited all those square-shaped, 80%+ Republican counties with under 30,000 people?
Southern Reactionary Dem
SouthernReactionaryDem
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 01:33:37 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2021, 01:37:48 PM by Southern Reactionary Dem »

I didn't follow TX SEN 2018, though I obviously know it was very close. But I didn't know Beto visited all 254 counties in TX. You mean to say he visited all those square-shaped, 80%+ Republican counties with under 30,000 people?

Yes, he quite literally went to every last county and raised more cash than Ted Cruz. It's probably a major part of why he came so much closer than the other statewide Democrats. A perfect storm of hustle, D friendly national environment, and an unlikeable opponent. He's going to have a tough time repeating that. The national environment won't be on his side and he's said some things that effectively disqualify him from being governor of TX, even among some marginal Dem voters.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 04:03:37 PM »

Yes, he quite literally went to every last county and raised more cash than Ted Cruz. It's probably a major part of why he came so much closer than the other statewide Democrats. A perfect storm of hustle, D friendly national environment, and an unlikeable opponent. He's going to have a tough time repeating that. The national environment won't be on his side and he's said some things that effectively disqualify him from being governor of TX, even among some marginal Dem voters.

Yeah...I really loved his AR15 line but I doubt the gun-loving people of TX will. Besides, 2022 will be a lot redder than 2018 across the board, and Abbott is infinitely more popular than Cruz is.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies