Marco Rubio Is the Likeliest Florida Man on the 2024 Republican Ticket (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:43:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Marco Rubio Is the Likeliest Florida Man on the 2024 Republican Ticket (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marco Rubio Is the Likeliest Florida Man on the 2024 Republican Ticket  (Read 1101 times)
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« on: October 16, 2021, 07:33:01 AM »

One view of the future:

DeSantis really leans into Trump, getting a big endorsement and a big Trump rally, but surprisingly only wins his gubernatorial race by a relatively  thin margin.  Rubio gets the Trump endorsement, but generally keeps his distance and plays to the middle.  He surprisingly beats Deming's by a wide margin and is suddenly the Florida golden boy again.

Rubio considers another presidential run but in the end decides to pass.  Trump doesn't run.  Rubio gives DeSantis an obligatory fellow-Floridian endorsement, but mostly keeps a low profile.  DeSantis runs a garbage campaign and the nomination eventually falls to Mike Pence, who inspires no one but is nevertheless universally well-known.  Pence is running against a semi-popular incumbent Biden and knows he can't win without Florida.  DeSantis is a loser, but Rubio has a strong track record in the state, so Pence picks him.  Picking Rubio also serves as an olive branch to the DeSantis folks, given Rubio's earlier endorsement.

Seems possible. Pence/Rubio would be something I'd be glad about, but I'm not sure if Rubio would conceivably stay out of a no-trump race. If I was on his team I'd push for a second run.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies