Marco Rubio Is the Likeliest Florida Man on the 2024 Republican Ticket
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Marco Rubio Is the Likeliest Florida Man on the 2024 Republican Ticket
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marco Rubio Is the Likeliest Florida Man on the 2024 Republican Ticket  (Read 1059 times)
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2021, 04:30:42 PM »

Trump is too old and is afraid of losing to Biden again.  DeSantis is a garbage governor riding a wave of undeserved hype.

But Marco Rubio is an influential two-term Senator who has experience running a presidential campaign.  He's likely to beat Val Demings in a very high profile race next year, and use the positive headlines to leap to the front of 2024 field.  He might not be at the top of the ticket, but he'd be an ideal running mate for Mike Pence or whoever ends up winning the nomination. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 03:25:16 PM »

News flash he is only ahead by 4 pts on DEMING'S that's not a landslide
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 04:14:52 PM »

What about Rick Scott?

He might try to buy his way onto the ticket.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 04:17:45 PM »

No it's either DeSantis or Trump
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 07:35:01 PM »

What about Rick Scott?

He might try to buy his way onto the ticket.

Scott's Senate seat is up in 2024, and there'll be a lot of pressure on him to run for re-election as an incumbent.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 08:01:43 PM »

Trump is too old and is afraid of losing to Biden again.  DeSantis is a garbage governor riding a wave of undeserved hype.

Gee, do we know any other Republican governors like that who won the presidency?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 08:17:08 PM »

I have never heard a Republican say "Rubio is my ideal canidate"
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 10:24:52 PM »

I like the guy.

But he really seems to be angling for SecState in a hypothetical future Republican Administration. I don't think he runs in 2024 even if Trump doesn't, and he's a little too well-known to be anyone's VP pick. (Also, the issue with Republican Veepstakes is that Tim Scott and Joni Ernst are really obvious choices for literally anyone, and I don't think anyone will really be able to crowd them out).
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 10:33:45 AM »

One view of the future:

DeSantis really leans into Trump, getting a big endorsement and a big Trump rally, but surprisingly only wins his gubernatorial race by a relatively  thin margin.  Rubio gets the Trump endorsement, but generally keeps his distance and plays to the middle.  He surprisingly beats Deming's by a wide margin and is suddenly the Florida golden boy again.

Rubio considers another presidential run but in the end decides to pass.  Trump doesn't run.  Rubio gives DeSantis an obligatory fellow-Floridian endorsement, but mostly keeps a low profile.  DeSantis runs a garbage campaign and the nomination eventually falls to Mike Pence, who inspires no one but is nevertheless universally well-known.  Pence is running against a semi-popular incumbent Biden and knows he can't win without Florida.  DeSantis is a loser, but Rubio has a strong track record in the state, so Pence picks him.  Picking Rubio also serves as an olive branch to the DeSantis folks, given Rubio's earlier endorsement.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 10:32:55 PM »

They love Rubio in Hialeah
Obviously not Representative of the nation but if there's one guy who can keep gains made with South Florida Hispanics it's this guy.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2021, 03:43:52 AM »

I just think Rubio's time has come and gone, he's old news and I don't see any scenario where Trump doesn't run and easily win but if he doesn't DeSantis, overhyped as he is, probably takes it.
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 07:33:01 AM »

One view of the future:

DeSantis really leans into Trump, getting a big endorsement and a big Trump rally, but surprisingly only wins his gubernatorial race by a relatively  thin margin.  Rubio gets the Trump endorsement, but generally keeps his distance and plays to the middle.  He surprisingly beats Deming's by a wide margin and is suddenly the Florida golden boy again.

Rubio considers another presidential run but in the end decides to pass.  Trump doesn't run.  Rubio gives DeSantis an obligatory fellow-Floridian endorsement, but mostly keeps a low profile.  DeSantis runs a garbage campaign and the nomination eventually falls to Mike Pence, who inspires no one but is nevertheless universally well-known.  Pence is running against a semi-popular incumbent Biden and knows he can't win without Florida.  DeSantis is a loser, but Rubio has a strong track record in the state, so Pence picks him.  Picking Rubio also serves as an olive branch to the DeSantis folks, given Rubio's earlier endorsement.

Seems possible. Pence/Rubio would be something I'd be glad about, but I'm not sure if Rubio would conceivably stay out of a no-trump race. If I was on his team I'd push for a second run.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2021, 07:58:26 AM »

Just a note to all you Rs that think we can't win OH, NC and FL again, Biden is leading Trump in FL 51/49 and Biden won them back in 2008(12 and Trump won Them in 2016, Brown OH in 2018 and Trump won them before the Insurrectionists

OH, FL AND NC ARE STILL PURPLE STATES THEY'RE NOT TIPPING PT like WI is and How many times do D's have to tell Rs this
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2021, 11:58:03 AM »

I just think Rubio's time has come and gone, he's old news and I don't see any scenario where Trump doesn't run and easily win but if he doesn't DeSantis, overhyped as he is, probably takes it.

He's only 50 years old, and he's only been in Congress since 2010.  He might not have the pizzazz of a newcomer, but he's almost comically fit for the veep role.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2021, 08:32:05 PM »

He's only 50 years old, and he's only been in Congress since 2010.  He might not have the pizzazz of a newcomer, but he's almost comically fit for the veep role.

It would depend on the president. Being Trump's VP would be political suicide. Being a normal person's VP? That could work for him.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 01:09:43 AM »

Rubio is a brilliant man whom I respect greatly, but for all the criticism DeSantis gets for being overhyped and better on paper than in real life, Rubio in 2016 was the definition of that (sadly).

And I was a huge supporter of Rubio that year. So yeah, take it from the horse’s mouth.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2021, 04:59:27 PM »

2016 was Rubio's chance, and he blew it big time. If Trump doesn't run (he will if he's alive), DeSantis will be the one from Florida getting all the attention.
Biden 2024
wolfentoad66
Norfolk Island

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2021, 11:46:49 AM »

Rubio will be Secretary of State before he (ever) makes it to the national ticket IMO. Take that as you will.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies