Wait, LOL Pence is raising money to run in 2024?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:01:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Wait, LOL Pence is raising money to run in 2024?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Wait, LOL Pence is raising money to run in 2024?  (Read 1404 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2021, 01:36:41 PM »

the cynic in me makes me think that Quayle story might boost his standing a bit

0.25% of the population will have heard of this story at all, and most of them are partisans.

That's what campaigning is for.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2021, 02:29:13 PM »

Pence won't be Trump's choice in 2024.

How that will affect him, particularly if Trump does not run, remains to be seen.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2021, 05:09:28 PM »

What else is he going to do?  I assume he's set for life with speeches so why not have a little fun and run for president?

he'll get destroyed, how is that fun?
Maybe he is a masochist or something.  As others have said it will at least stop him from wondering how he would've done.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2021, 05:19:54 PM »

What else is he going to do?  I assume he's set for life with speeches so why not have a little fun and run for president?

he'll get destroyed, how is that fun?
Maybe he is a masochist or something.  As others have said it will at least stop him from wondering how he would've done.

Good point, he was Trump's VP for 4 years after all.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2021, 05:45:17 AM »

Pence
*already has near universal name ID
*is a former veep, the most normal kind of presidential candidate imaginable
*loyally supported Trump through years of scandal
*except on Jan. 6, but no Republican is going to want to talk about 1/6 during a campaign anyway
*is despised by both the far left and the far right, and is hence poised to be seen as a moderate

If Trump doesn't run, Pence is both the most likely nominee and the best candidate Republicans could nominate.

why does this forum continue to think that white men who aren't trump will be seen as 'moderate'? especially in places like the suburbs? Pence is just as toxic to white college+ as DeSantis is.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2021, 07:55:16 AM »

Pence
*already has near universal name ID
*is a former veep, the most normal kind of presidential candidate imaginable
*loyally supported Trump through years of scandal
*except on Jan. 6, but no Republican is going to want to talk about 1/6 during a campaign anyway
*is despised by both the far left and the far right, and is hence poised to be seen as a moderate

If Trump doesn't run, Pence is both the most likely nominee and the best candidate Republicans could nominate.

why does this forum continue to think that white men who aren't trump will be seen as 'moderate'? especially in places like the suburbs? Pence is just as toxic to white college+ as DeSantis is.

Let me restate.  I don't think he'd be seen as moderate.  I think he'd be seen as moderate as Bush or Romney.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2021, 02:48:34 PM »

What else does Pence have to do that would be better for him to do?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2021, 05:59:35 AM »

As I said above Pence is so boring, he won't be Prez, he mostly was Veep of the Senate, telling McConnell twhat to do, Veeps have advisory roles as Prez of Senate, they're not just Veeps
We have a boring president in the WH rn.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2021, 06:06:55 AM »

I am beginning to think that the "Pence is doomed/Pence has no shot" narrative might be a little exaggerated.

That being said he would need someone else to also run, attack Trump 24/7 and basically nuke each other or Trump to not run.

As to the general election it depends on the economic and the popularity of Biden as President, but I can more easily see Pence winning a general election than Trump at this stage.

It is so easy to forget that most Republican politicians are craven opportunists and the media influence types aren't much better, basically chasing ratings and money.

I am reminded of a quote by George Will. "The only thing similar to the modern Republican Party is the Communist Party in the 1930's. They were the biggest proponents of opposing fascism until the Non-Aggression Pact between Stalin and Hitler, at which point they turned on a dime and became isolationists overnight. This continued until June 22, 1941 when instantly they were the biggest opponents of Fascism again".
In the defence of the Communist Party. The non-agression pact was more to the benefit for the Communists than the nazis. They were not ready, and half of the communist party elites and generals were being purged. If the nazi's attacked them early, they would have not been able to defend theirselves. There were factions and differences inside the party how to deal with the nazi's as well. And it was clear that somehow they anticipated the DOW in 1941 a bit earlier, although i'm not defending Stalin for his war preparation and certainly not on almost every other issue.

The fascists made a mistake by doing both wars at the same time, and even if they wanted to, they should have declared earlier. After winter and maybe one or two years before. They would have been able if they just fought war against Russia to not call it an offensive war or fabricate the war so that the entire capitalist world would have tolerated it. Britain could have even joined the nazi's in fighting the USSR.

At the time, public opinion against the communists was bad. No-one would have defended the USSR.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2021, 06:10:03 AM »

If Pence runs he’ll be lucky to win a couple of counties in Indiana. He would struggle to find a solid base as there are other candidates who could easily outflank Pence in terms of being an evangelical conservative and zombie Reaganite.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies