Describe someone with a positive opinion of both Kamala Harris and Ron DeSantis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:47:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Describe someone with a positive opinion of both Kamala Harris and Ron DeSantis
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe someone with a positive opinion of both Kamala Harris and Ron DeSantis  (Read 1171 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2021, 02:06:03 PM »

This is something I have a hard time imagining.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 02:27:01 PM »

Someone who has a positive opinion of Kamala Harris and Ron DeSantis
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 02:40:45 PM »

Someone who's tired of geriatric leadership
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 03:23:40 PM »

Center-right Sun Belt resident who is woke on racial issues
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 03:33:54 PM »

A conservative Indian-American and/or black woman who feels represented by Kamala Harris but is otherwise a Republican.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 03:51:39 PM »

A Democrat who likes Desantis's response to the pandemic.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 05:06:17 PM »

A Democrat who is hardline anti-BDS. And who obviously doesn’t live in Florida.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 11:24:42 PM »

A (probably nonwhite, and fairly nonpartisan) Democrat who hates COVID restrictions, and is whose top issue is climate change to the extent that they simp for any Republicans who aren't climate deniers - basically a very exaggerated version of myself.

Alternatively, an anti-Trump Republican who thinks that being "anti-Trump" just means not having the last name Trump, and who likes Biden and Harris because they beat Trump.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 08:38:59 AM »

An African American or Hispanic Democrat who owns a nonessential business that was impacted by the COVID lockdowns.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 09:12:21 AM »

Owner of a small business who was hit hard by lockdown measures but is otherwise liberal on cultural issues.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 10:08:54 AM »

Probably my friend who's pretty liberal but praised DeSantis for some of his everglades protection stuff. He's gotten tired of him recently though due to the covid stuff. So probably doesn't approve of DeSantis anymore. Dunno about Kamala but probably positive-leaning though he doesn't like most politicians so *shrug*
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2021, 12:35:56 AM »

Suburban mother (most likely a Karen) that likes strong women in power but opposes masks, vaccine mandates, COVID passports and liked DeSantis response to COVID.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 01:57:57 AM »

Superficially "woke" but militantly anti-communist Cuban American. I've seen someone like this on Twitter albeit she is a partisan Democrat. Nonetheless she prefers rightists like Guillermo Lasso in Latin American politics.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2021, 07:33:45 AM »

There are still a handful of people out there that give the benefit of the doubt to all elected officials. I doubt many of these people are voters, but I'm sure a few exist. I would picture them being a fairly laid-back and positive person who feels mean if they criticize anybody that isn't a total monster.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2021, 04:09:22 PM »

Somebody who has respect for the Establishment in both parties under the belief that a two-party system is necessary.

I knew a guy who had a positive opinion of both Pelosi and Paul Ryan for this exact reason.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM »

There are still a handful of people out there that give the benefit of the doubt to all elected officials. I doubt many of these people are voters, but I'm sure a few exist. I would picture them being a fairly laid-back and positive person who feels mean if they criticize anybody that isn't a total monster.

Well, I mean, DeSantis' actions have led to thousands of preventable deaths, so he arguably is a monster, but yeah, I get what you're saying. Basically Abdullah, except instead of recommending posts they support politicians.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 10:15:44 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 10:29:31 PM by YOU JUST POSTED MALARKEY! »

A bunch of my neighbors are like this, and even though they wouldn't vote for DeSantis they approve(d)* of him.

You all have to remember that in real life outside the internet DeSantis is seen as a relatively moderate guy (to a smaller extent after the COVID pandemic, but still to a considerable amount due to many non-COVID decisions). He governs far less to the right than what he campaigned for the most part, and has been a significant change from Rick Scott (for the better IMO), who was consistently cruel and heartless (once again my opinion).

From the perspective of a (in all but name) Democrat, I don't approve of DeSantis, especially not after recent events, but broken clock moments happen much more often with this guy than Scott.

* Definitely becoming less and less common because Harris's approval ratings are dropping while DeSantis approval ratings also have fallen due to the Delta surge. Should the Biden administration gain popularity, though, and should DeSantis also do the same in Florida, it'd be unsurprising to see this group come back in strong numbers as they were during early 2019, late 2020, and early 2021.

Probably my friend who's pretty liberal but praised DeSantis for some of his everglades protection stuff. He's gotten tired of him recently though due to the covid stuff. So probably doesn't approve of DeSantis anymore. Dunno about Kamala but probably positive-leaning though he doesn't like most politicians so *shrug*

Basically this

The really funny thing is that Florida Democrats are probably the group of people among whom this is most common.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 06:29:13 AM »

A bunch of my neighbors are like this, and even though they wouldn't vote for DeSantis they approve(d)* of him.

You all have to remember that in real life outside the internet DeSantis is seen as a relatively moderate guy (to a smaller extent after the COVID pandemic, but still to a considerable amount due to many non-COVID decisions). He governs far less to the right than what he campaigned for the most part, and has been a significant change from Rick Scott (for the better IMO), who was consistently cruel and heartless (once again my opinion).

From the perspective of a (in all but name) Democrat, I don't approve of DeSantis, especially not after recent events, but broken clock moments happen much more often with this guy than Scott.

* Definitely becoming less and less common because Harris's approval ratings are dropping while DeSantis approval ratings also have fallen due to the Delta surge. Should the Biden administration gain popularity, though, and should DeSantis also do the same in Florida, it'd be unsurprising to see this group come back in strong numbers as they were during early 2019, late 2020, and early 2021.

Basically this

The really funny thing is that Florida Democrats are probably the group of people among whom this is most common.

Tbh I agree with you, I just feel like a Florida Democrat wouldn’t like DeSantis cos people tend to dislike their local opposition even if they like some national opposition.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies