Lego to remove Gender Bias from it's products (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:10:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Lego to remove Gender Bias from it's products (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lego to remove Gender Bias from it's products  (Read 711 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: October 14, 2021, 06:34:53 AM »

Legos already have both male and female sides.  I guess now they will just be flat?

Good one.

In seriousness, this is a little less ridiculous imo than such moves from big toy companies generally are, in that Lego seems more gender-specific now in many people's minds than it was when I was a kid, a bizarre development that the company is well within its rights to try to reverse. I didn't know until a year or two ago that playing with Legos is seen as "a boy thing" now, and honestly I wish I still didn't.

I agree with this. If you find a scanned toy catalogue from twenty or thirty years ago everything from bricks to toy kitchens were bright primary colours. Adverts showed boys and girls playing with them. Now everything 'for girls' is called that and is some combination of pink or lilac.

We bought toy bricks for my nieces to help with co-ordination, counting, colours etc and had the same issue; pink shades of bricks marketed to girls. We opted for the 'boy bricks' because they were different colours even if they were marketed like a f-cking razor and bodywash gift set.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies