Irish TD promotes anti-Semitic conspiracy theory on the floor of the Dail (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:18:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Irish TD promotes anti-Semitic conspiracy theory on the floor of the Dail (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Irish TD promotes anti-Semitic conspiracy theory on the floor of the Dail  (Read 1934 times)
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: October 13, 2021, 07:04:15 AM »

People really should know better than to use such language at this point.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 07:25:53 AM »

The Lobby calls basic truth telling "anti-semitism". News at 11.

If anything defines "modern" AS (as opposed to the older cruder varieties) it is using certain things that are undeniably true (though yes, in some cases fanatical Zionists/Likudists may still attempt to deny them) to create a false all-encompassing "narrative" that is much closer to the ancient bigotries.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 10:51:34 AM »

The Lobby calls basic truth telling "anti-semitism". News at 11.

Once again I should point out that the above poster is one of this forum's most notorious antisemites.

You really are insufferable. Do you ever contribute anything besides elitism and snark?

I have certainly had may disagreements with Al before now - but isn't the answer to this question an emphatic, indisputable and incontrovertible "YES!"?
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 01:07:21 PM »

Though to be honest I find this basically irrelevant when talking about Israel (it's a lot more relevant when talking about other "national minorities"; like say, the Kurds, or even stuff like the Catalonia issue). In my view the existance of a state of Israel should not be questioned since at worst it is a "fait accompli" and impossible to reverse (if you want to question Israel as a whole, you should find a time machine and travel back at least 100-120 years ago). The current state of Israel is certainly questionable though.

The obviously sensible and rational take. Israel is not going away and nor should it, but the past does not give it carte blanche to do whatever it likes.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 02:09:07 PM »

No-one says the past gives Israel carte blanche.

Well maybe not explicitly, no. But still......
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies