Irish TD promotes anti-Semitic conspiracy theory on the floor of the Dail (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:47:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Irish TD promotes anti-Semitic conspiracy theory on the floor of the Dail (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Irish TD promotes anti-Semitic conspiracy theory on the floor of the Dail  (Read 1913 times)
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« on: October 13, 2021, 11:57:48 AM »

There’s nothing wrong with what she fundamentally said; although given history sure, ‘Jewish Supremacy’ maybe isn’t the right word, but then again what do we call it in every other nation on earth when a majority elevates itself above the minorities?
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 12:06:02 PM »

There’s nothing wrong with what she fundamentally said; although given history sure, ‘Jewish Supremacy’ maybe isn’t the right word, but then again what do we call it in every other nation on earth when a majority elevates itself above the minorities?

"history" = the persistent claim that the Jews are an insidious force determined to dominate the world through nefarious, secretive means, which has been the basis of just about any anti-Jewish movement through history.

The second someone uses the term "Jewish supremacy", they prove themselves an ally of every anti-semitic movement in history. I see you understand that on some level, but this is also very much not the time for equivocation.

And I condemn as abhorrhent actual anti-semites and anti-semitic ideology; obviously. But I equally won't act like the abhorrent treatment of the Palestinian's and the apartheid-like state emerging in Israel today isn't happening and doesn't also deserve to be condemned simply cause the perpetrators are Jewish and might call me anti-semitic for it.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 12:24:53 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2021, 12:31:37 PM by iBizzBee »

"history" = the persistent claim that the Jews are an insidious force determined to dominate the world through nefarious, secretive means, which has been the basis of just about any anti-Jewish movement through history.

The second someone uses the term "Jewish supremacy", they prove themselves an ally of every anti-semitic movement in history. I see you understand that on some level, but this is also very much not the time for equivocation.

And I condemn as abhorrhent actual anti-semites and anti-semitic ideology; obviously. But I equally won't act like the abhorrent treatment of the Palestinian's and the apartheid-like state emerging in Israel today isn't happening and doesn't also deserve to be condemned simply cause the perpetrators are Jewish and might call me anti-semitic for it.

And I'm sure you're capable of doing that without using or justifying the repulsively anti-semitic language used by this Irish TD.

The language was unhelpful; sure, but not necessarily wrong either. There exists a state of Supremacy in Israel of one religious and cultural identity over others. That's undeniable, really, if you look at the facts on the ground.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israel-s-embrace-of-jewish-supremacy-means-it-can-t-be-a-liberal-democracy-1.10000092

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/7/31/17623978/israel-jewish-nation-state-law-bill-explained-apartheid-netanyahu-democracy

And making this an argument about semantics instead of the suffering of the Palestinian people is in and of itself distasteful and very clearly the goal here. We can debate the reason's behind why Israel exist's the way it does for hours; but the fact remains, it's an inherently racist state, pretty much by design. That can't really be denied.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 12:37:04 PM »

And I'm sure you're capable of doing that without using or justifying the repulsively anti-semitic language used by this Irish TD.

The language was unhelpful; sure, but not necessarily wrong either. There exists a state of Supremacy in Israel of one religious and cultural identity over others. That's undeniable, really, if you look at the facts on the ground.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israel-s-embrace-of-jewish-supremacy-means-it-can-t-be-a-liberal-democracy-1.10000092

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/7/31/17623978/israel-jewish-nation-state-law-bill-explained-apartheid-netanyahu-democracy

And making this an argument about semantics instead of the suffering of the Palestinian people is in and of itself distasteful and very clearly the goal here. We can debate the reason's behind why Israel exist's the way it does for hours; but the fact remains, it's an inherently racist state, pretty much by design. That can't really be denied.

You're defending Nazi lingo, and now you're repeating antisemitic rhetoric about Israel being inherently racist by creation, and we're done here.

It's unfortunate that Israel has become what it has become; but if calling it out makes me those other horrible things in your eyes, so be it my friend. Go in peace. ✌🏻
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies