Do you think the GOP will flip the Senate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:18:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Do you think the GOP will flip the Senate?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you think the GOP will flip the Senate?
Yes

No

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Do you think the GOP will flip the Senate?  (Read 1672 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2021, 08:59:15 AM »

Yes, although given how bad the map is for Republicans, chances are they pick up 1-2 of AZ/GA/NH/NV, and that's it.

My guess is either a 51-49 Senate (Republicans pick up New Hampshire, lose nothing) or 52-48 (with Republicans winning New Hampshire and one of AZ/NV, and losing nothing.)

Assuming Biden is reelected, or that Harris wins in 2024, Democrats will likely trade WV/MT (Sherrod Brown probably loses too, but that one might actually depend on who Republicans nominate. I think he's capable of running well ahead of Biden/Harris) for TX/FL.

Biden is at 48 percent Approvals and it's a yr before an Election, Mr Phelps, and NY Express thinks we won 40 H seats in 2917 I had this sake argument with 2916, whom is authoritarian, that the campaign doesn't begin til Aug 2022, waves don't begin to root to before that 52 plus seats plus the H gets Rid of Filibuster and we pass DC statehood

Rs stop thinking you have the Election won, it's not over with😁😁😁.
Biden won 80 M votes to Trump 64, Trump still yell lies about him winning and he didn't win the NPVI in 2015 either..

Silly poll that has an R biased and we have a yr before the ElectiNY Express said in 2033 that AOC will be Prez, LIL IN THE 2024 Prez prediction thread, LOL
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2021, 09:00:49 AM »

Control of the senate is wide open in my opinion, though the range of possible outcomes is narrow. I don't see either party getting more than 52 seats.

Median positive outcome for Dems is picking up PA and one of WI or NC while limiting losses to 1 or perhaps 2 seats. That said, it's widely possible we miss PA, NC and WI (don't think FL is more than semi competitive) while losing at least AZ and one of NH, NV or GA.

I think there's distinct possibility of ~5% all seats are held by both parties or PA and AZ are traded and we again end up with a 50-50 senate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2021, 09:06:18 AM »

Lol Biden us nowhere near Trump Approvals and he manages to keep the Senate not the H at 45%Approval, Biden is at 48%
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2021, 09:22:32 AM »

Lol Biden us nowhere near Trump Approvals and he manages to keep the Senate not the H at 45%Approval, Biden is at 48%

The GOP had a much friendler map in 2018 than Dems have in 2022. Perhaps 2018 was the friendlist map for one side in at least a generation.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2021, 03:18:59 PM »

Voted unsure, but tilt R if pushed to it.

Democrats are extremely lucky that the map is generally favorable to them and that they're running Warnock and Kelly instead of Ossoff and Sinema.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2021, 06:20:26 PM »

If dc and pr were added we would have a chance but alas
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2021, 09:58:24 PM »

I voted unsure as I think both sides have a real path for control but I do think the GOP are the slight favorites to take this back. I give it a 60% chance for the GOP to win back control of the chamber. I think AZ, GA and possibly NH flip by narrow margins.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2021, 11:40:36 AM »

I think the Democrats have a slight advantage.You have two races, one in PA and one in NC, that have retiring Republican incumbents and thus are open races and there's no guarantee that, whether Ron Johnson runs or not, that they'll be favored to keep WI. On top of that, the inmates are running the asylums that are the AZ and GA Republican parties (especially the former) and thus there's a good chance that the Democrats don't lose those. I could be wrong of course, but the GOP by no means has a slam dunk, I dare say, gun to my head, we're more likely to see 2018 or 1970 (parties reversed of course) repeat themselves in 2022 than we are to see 1994, 2010, or even 2014 repeat themselves.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies