Describe a Biden 2020-Trump 2024 voter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:26:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Describe a Biden 2020-Trump 2024 voter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Biden 2020-Trump 2024 voter  (Read 900 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2021, 07:21:54 PM »

Describe somebody who’d vote for Biden in 2020 and Trump in 2024, assuming Biden is the Democratic nominee in ‘24 as well.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 08:54:50 PM »

a white guy in WI, MI, PA, GA, or AZ who voted for Trump in 2016, but reluctantly swung to Biden in 2020 due to COVID, who becomes willing to turn a blind eye to Trump's poor covid response as well as Trump's seditious actions after the 2020 election and vote for him in 2024 in the name of "'muh cultural grievances."
Leroy McPherson fan
Leroymcphersonfan
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 09:18:31 PM »

Someone who thought Biden would be a safe, back to normal type president during the chaos in 2020, but who came to oppose him on foreign policy and the relief bailouts.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 09:09:13 AM »

American version of Laki
Buzz

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 09:09:30 AM »

Someone who wanted life to go back to “normal” but realized that was a myth.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 09:16:33 AM »

That suggests said person in question thought Biden would just end all restrictions. Trump was the one running against lockdowns, so the voter you're describing would have voted for Trump.

If they wanted to return to normalcy, whatever that exactly means (some things like more remote work will stay), based on science, they wouldn't turn on Biden just for followig the science.
Buzz

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 10:10:06 AM »

That suggests said person in question thought Biden would just end all restrictions. Trump was the one running against lockdowns, so the voter you're describing would have voted for Trump.

If they wanted to return to normalcy, whatever that exactly means (some things like more remote work will stay), based on science, they wouldn't turn on Biden just for followig the science.
I'm not only talking about COVID
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 10:16:09 AM »

I have two ideas for who these people might be:

1. A rural Midwestern voter in Michigan or Wisconsin who has voted blue until now, but is in the process of realigning to be a Republican.

2. Someone who is frustrated that Biden hasn't substantively changed their life for the better, so is voting Trump. If Biden doesn't pass any progressive legislation (as looks likely), that's Trump's best-case scenario for 2024.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 11:35:12 AM »

Someone who always votes against the incumbent party. There are actually some of these people.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 02:05:15 PM »

Someone who voted for Biden but would go on to become disappointed with Biden for some of his poor decisions.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2021, 02:43:11 PM »

Someone who always votes against the incumbent party.

The most based type of voter
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2021, 03:31:53 PM »

Probably a lot of people in the Rust Belt, Nevada, New Mexico, New Hampshire, Maine, and Rhode Island if I had to guess.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2021, 06:32:38 PM »

Surprisingly, there are about a half dozen such people on Atlas.
amateur_psepho
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2021, 07:26:30 PM »

Probably a lot of people in the Rust Belt, Nevada, New Mexico, New Hampshire, Maine, and Rhode Island if I had to guess.

what is up with your obsession with rhode island going red? providence is like half the state’s population and its the epitome of liberal suburbia. if anything i expect it to trend blue as providence grows.

anyways, my aunt is a simple but unfortunately probably common answer to the thread question: a 40-70 year old white woman who fell into the Q-rabbit hole between nov 2020 and 2024 through anti-vax facebook pages
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2021, 09:11:14 PM »

Someone who had a severe case of COVID after voting.

Large study finds COVID-19 is linked to a substantial deficit in intelligence
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2021, 10:50:58 PM »

what is up with your obsession with rhode island going red? providence is like half the state’s population and its the epitome of liberal suburbia. if anything i expect it to trend blue as providence grows.

anyways, my aunt is a simple but unfortunately probably common answer to the thread question: a 40-70 year old white woman who fell into the Q-rabbit hole between nov 2020 and 2024 through anti-vax facebook pages

Outside of Providence and the wealthy enclave of Newport, it's a heavily Catholic, WWC state. I think along with generational turnover, it is the perfect candidate for the GOP.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2021, 09:00:25 AM »

Someone who always votes against the incumbent party. There are actually some of these people.

Do they actually exist? And the opposite?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2021, 10:18:41 PM »

Outside of Providence and the wealthy enclave of Newport, it's a heavily Catholic, WWC state. I think along with generational turnover, it is the perfect candidate for the GOP.
I agree. That is the reason why I think Rhode Island is a dark horse pickup opportunity for Donald Trump in 2024.
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2021, 10:25:45 PM »

I agree. That is the reason why I think Rhode Island is a dark horse pickup opportunity for Donald Trump in 2024.

2024 seems a bit early unless it has a WV or 2008 IN type realignment, but I'd say within the next generation is pretty likely unless it becomes rapidly more white collar, but for now it seems like a blue collar island. Nearby Bristol County MA went from +28 Kerry to +10 Clinton within 4 election cycles, so it's possible for RI to go from +15 Clinton to +2 GOP in 2028, especially if socially conservative moderates (like myself) who in Rhode Island typically vote Democrat get alienated which is more than possible, as it has already starting to happen.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2021, 02:04:50 PM »

Do they actually exist? And the opposite?

Some do, as do the opposite. Some people are just perpetually unhappy with the status quo, and will always want to "kick the bum out."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies