If Biden retired early and Harris became the incumbent President heading into the next election...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:03:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If Biden retired early and Harris became the incumbent President heading into the next election...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Biden retired early and Harris became the incumbent President heading into the next election...  (Read 405 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2021, 06:57:52 PM »

Would this improve her chances getting elected in her own right with the advantage of incumbency?

I've seen this idea kicked around before, but I'm not sure such a scenario would improve her chances.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 07:10:24 PM »

I'm inclined to say yes, but it depends on the circumstances that lead to Biden's resignation. As a non incumbent, I think she'd be favored only against Trump. Against any other Republican nominee, unless said nominee is someone like MTG, I think the GOP would be favored.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 10:00:57 AM »

I'm inclined to say yes, but it depends on the circumstances that lead to Biden's resignation. As a non incumbent, I think she'd be favored only against Trump. Against any other Republican nominee, unless said nominee is someone like MTG, I think the GOP would be favored.

What makes you believe she'd be favored against Trump and not other GOPers? I don't like to say it, but Trump is certainly still one of the strongest GOP candidates because of his loyal following. He has twice exceeded expectations by a significant margin. DeSantis or someone else could be a formidable opponent, but only under certain circumstances. At least I haven't seen a compelling argument why he (or any GOPer) is so much stronger than Trump. Other GOP candidates may win back a smaller share of Romney voters, but a ton of Trump voters only vote R because of him and not out of any party loyalty.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 10:54:48 AM »

What makes you believe she'd be favored against Trump and not other GOPers? I don't like to say it, but Trump is certainly still one of the strongest GOP candidates because of his loyal following. He has twice exceeded expectations by a significant margin. DeSantis or someone else could be a formidable opponent, but only under certain circumstances. At least I haven't seen a compelling argument why he (or any GOPer) is so much stronger than Trump. Other GOP candidates may win back a smaller share of Romney voters, but a ton of Trump voters only vote R because of him and not out of any party loyalty.

This.  Trump is actually the Republicans’ strongest candidate.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 01:43:41 PM »

If the resignation is seen as too gimmicky, it confirms the GOP talking point that getting Biden elected was always just a play by the "deep state" to get Kalifornia Kommie Kamala in.   
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 01:55:25 PM »

This could slightly help Harris as she'd have an incumency advantage and a lot of right-wing conspiracy theories could be debunked, but I'd say Trump or whoever runs against Harris still has an advantage unless the economy/Covid improves.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies