Strongest state parties? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:00:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Strongest state parties? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strongest state parties?  (Read 2005 times)
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« on: October 13, 2021, 09:46:16 AM »

PA Democrats rock.  They continue to be very viable like they were in 2010 with Pat Toomey vs. Joe Sestak... and 2016 with Katie McGinty.  PA is a swing state if there ever was one and I predict that since its more populated than the other two (MI and WI) it will become much more important in the EC (electoral college) than MI or WI will be.  PA dems are badly in the minority in the State House and I can't even remember if they were ever in the Majority in the state Senate in the 21st century (you might have to go back to the 80s or 90s for that), but they do pretty darn well in statewide races, even the court races.  So go PA Dems!

I agree to an extent, but they really dropped the ball in 2020. They should not have lost any statewide races.

aw sh**te, which ones did they lose?  were they the incumbents in all four or five statewide positions going in?

Auditor General and State Treasurer. Timothy DeFoor defeated Nina Ahmad in the Auditor General race (incumbent Eugene DePasquale was term-limited and ran against Scott Perry in PA-10 instead), and Stacy Garrity defeated incumbent Joe Torsella in the State Treasurer race.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 09:10:22 PM »

PA Democrats rock.  They continue to be very viable like they were in 2010 with Pat Toomey vs. Joe Sestak... and 2016 with Katie McGinty.  PA is a swing state if there ever was one and I predict that since its more populated than the other two (MI and WI) it will become much more important in the EC (electoral college) than MI or WI will be.  PA dems are badly in the minority in the State House and I can't even remember if they were ever in the Majority in the state Senate in the 21st century (you might have to go back to the 80s or 90s for that), but they do pretty darn well in statewide races, even the court races.  So go PA Dems!

I agree to an extent, but they really dropped the ball in 2020. They should not have lost any statewide races.

aw sh**te, which ones did they lose?  were they the incumbents in all four or five statewide positions going in?

Auditor General and State Treasurer. Timothy DeFoor defeated Nina Ahmad in the Auditor General race (incumbent Eugene DePasquale was term-limited and ran against Scott Perry in PA-10 instead), and Stacy Garrity defeated incumbent Joe Torsella in the State Treasurer race.

Did Nina Ahmad's last name hurt her at all?  Did she lose by more than Torsella did?

Can't speak much to whether her last name hurt her (though I suspect it might've had a small effect), but yes, she lost by 3.1% (49.4% to 46.3%), while Torsella lost by 0.8% (48.7% to 47.9%).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies