Pennsylvania: Casey would have to say macaca to lose now (rasmussen) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:16:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Pennsylvania: Casey would have to say macaca to lose now (rasmussen) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania: Casey would have to say macaca to lose now (rasmussen)  (Read 31994 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: October 09, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »

Casey does seem pretty weak here. Granted, people will go in and vote straight Dem but I see a lot of front lawns with Rendell/Congressional candidate/State House candidate signs on the front lawn with Casey missing. I've only seen one Casey sign on a property in NE Philly. Maybe some people just don't want to be vocal about the Senate race...or they might actually want Santorum.

Some may laugh but I think this following statement might be true - people don't want to tell others that they're voting for Santorum. With Santorum down in every poll and his seemingly "crazy" stances, many might not be enthusiastic about vocally supporting him. People might say one thing to their neighbor or a pollster and vote the other way...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 08:25:59 PM »

Casey does seem pretty weak here. Granted, people will go in and vote straight Dem but I see a lot of front lawns with Rendell/Congressional candidate/State House candidate signs on the front lawn with Casey missing. I've only seen one Casey sign on a property in NE Philly. Maybe some people just don't want to be vocal about the Senate race...or they might actually want Santorum.

Some may laugh but I think this following statement might be true - people don't want to tell others that they're voting for Santorum. With Santorum down in every poll and his seemingly "crazy" stances, many might not be enthusiastic about vocally supporting him. People might say one thing to their neighbor or a pollster and vote the other way...

People voting for Rendell in the SEPA will no then pull the lever for Santorum.   Lay off the drugs they are affecting your mind.

Get in touch with reality, Democrat - People in the SE, especially in NE Philly and parts of Bucks, will vote for Rendell and Santorum. Santorum's labor support (yes, some unions have backed him) will help him big time.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:59:05 PM »

And his support for offshoring jobs will hurt him big time.

Well, tell that to the unions that will be pushing him on the 7th. By the way, I haven't heard offshoring jobs brought in this campaign.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 10:54:36 PM »

People voting for Rendell in the SEPA will no then pull the lever for Santorum.   Lay off the drugs they are affecting your mind.

Get in touch with reality, Democrat - People in the SE, especially in NE Philly and parts of Bucks, will vote for Rendell and Santorum. Santorum's labor support (yes, some unions have backed him) will help him big time.

Some people yes?  However, Rendell is going o absolutley DEMOLISH Swann in the SE.  he is going to put up Spitzer type numbers in that part of the state, and its something that will no doubt benefit Casey and really hurt Santorum.

Yeah...but...I wasn't even arguing against that. My point was that Santorum will still pull in more support from Rendell voters than you guys think. Will he lose big time? Absolutely. However, it won't be as bad as you want it to be.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 07:59:43 PM »

The one thing no Republican ever mentions:

SANTORUM'S APPROVAL RATINGS ARE CRAP

People with net 14% disapproval seldom win, and certainly not Republicans in Kerry states in bad Republican years against the best possible challenger the opponent can get.

Like I said, Republicans must think there is no circumstance whatsoever under which Santorum can lose, because I can't think of more of a worst-case scenario than now.

And when they were good, you refused to acknowledge them so what's the difference? Maybe they're really not bad (See, we can all act immature now, BRTD!)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 09:14:16 PM »

That was the point of picking Casey, they needed someone that will be close to Santorum in order to win. Any other Dem like Pennachio which I supported before Casey would of lost, and 2004 with Hoeffel proved this correct. 

Correct except the 2004 part. Hoeffel didn't necessarily lose because of his views that year. He was running against a fairly popular incumbent and Hoeffel's own name recognition was terrible especially because he didn't face a primary. I do believe his liberalism would have cost him the race if he ran this year though. I am glad you realize, though, that a Casey Dem is what it takes to win this seat and not liberals like Pennacchio, Hafer, Hoeffel, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies