October 2021; who will win the 2024 election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:26:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  October 2021; who will win the 2024 election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: .
Joe Biden

Kamala Harris

Donald Trump

Ron DeSantis

Other Republican

Other Democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: October 2021; who will win the 2024 election  (Read 2602 times)
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2021, 08:10:17 PM »

Everyone that thinks Joe Biden has a prayer of getting re-elected is living in an alternate reality.  The man is sinking, as much as I hate to imagine the idea of a Democratic president sinking but I've never considered myself to be a pure partisan hack so, there it is.  Democrats would be wise to shake up the party after the 2022 bloodbath and get a brand new leader for 2024.
Presidents with 45% approvals win
You really feel enthused about going through another seven years of this?
To be fair, another three years of this and four years of the alternative is much worse.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2021, 09:48:42 PM »

Everyone that thinks Joe Biden has a prayer of getting re-elected is living in an alternate reality.  The man is sinking, as much as I hate to imagine the idea of a Democratic president sinking but I've never considered myself to be a pure partisan hack so, there it is.  Democrats would be wise to shake up the party after the 2022 bloodbath and get a brand new leader for 2024.
To be fair, another three years of this and four years of the alternative is much worse.

idk because this is Torture, at least with the Republicans making our lives a daily hell, there's the bright side of our midterm victories...
EastwoodS

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2021, 12:32:01 AM »

Yea why not? I’ve liked the first year!
Helpless..
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2021, 08:30:12 AM »

Helpless..

What's not to like?

1. Massively effective pandemic response out of the gate.  Our economic recovery has far outpaced that of most of our international peers.
2.  Got us out of Afghanistan, with the largest, most effective air evacuation in history.
3.  Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill and multi-trillion dollar reconciliation bill both working toward passage.
4.  Record-setting pace of judicial confirmations.
5.  Generally avoids the divisive, criminal, and embarrassing behavior of his predecessor.

I think he's doing a pretty good job.
Rat
Snickleton
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2021, 12:24:02 PM »

Right now, Trump. The margins in the swing states were so narrow last time, and Trump won't have COVID and his mismanagement of it hanging over him in all likelihood. Biden's popularity is much lower than it was then, and if he can't get either the infrastructure bill or the reconciliation bill passed, he'll for sure lose Congress and be a total lame duck going into reelection.

Obviously things can change, but if I'm looking at the picture today, it doesn't look good for Biden against Trump.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2021, 04:23:21 PM »

Right now, Trump. The margins in the swing states were so narrow last time, and Trump won't have COVID and his mismanagement of it hanging over him in all likelihood. Biden's popularity is much lower than it was then, and if he can't get either the infrastructure bill or the reconciliation bill passed, he'll for sure lose Congress and be a total lame duck going into reelection.

Obviously things can change, but if I'm looking at the picture today, it doesn't look good for Biden against Trump.
His approval is 45% which is not bad and people who hated trump then still hate him now, which means a good portion of people who disapprove of Biden will still vote for him if the opponent is trump
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2021, 05:37:49 PM »

Helpless..

What's not to like?

1. Massively effective pandemic response out of the gate.  Our economic recovery has far outpaced that of most of our international peers.
2.  Got us out of Afghanistan, with the largest, most effective air evacuation in history.
3.  Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill and multi-trillion dollar reconciliation bill both working toward passage.
5.  Generally avoids the divisive, criminal, and embarrassing behavior of his predecessor.

1. Effective pandemic response? Trump got the vaccine not Biden. All of the initial "success' of the Biden administration was due to policies put in place in the Trump administration.
2. Not about getting us out but HOW We got out. Vast majority of the country thinks he handled it terribly with no plan or real exit strategy.
3. They haven't passed it yet and even if they do pass a package with all the bickering the dems have been doing in the past few months I don't think it helps his approval. The damage is done from Afghanistan, COVID and inflation.
4. Sigh. Big deal.
5. I think the majority of the country would take mean tweets at this point. Biden is already a failure 9 months into his term. He hasn't accomplished anything substantial, has alienated allies, botched the Afghanistan exit and the economy is weakening not strengthening
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2021, 05:39:10 PM »

His approval is 45% which is not bad and people who hated trump then still hate him now, which means a good portion of people who disapprove of Biden will still vote for him if the opponent is trump

It's not 45%. The average is 44 in RCP and 538 and we know the polls are bias towards dems by a few percent at least. Biden is in the low 40s at best.

This board is super delusional that most Americans will buy into the Trump hate if Biden is a failure. Trump has better than a 50/50 chance of winning in 2024 at this point.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2021, 05:59:00 PM »

Helpless..

What's not to like?

1. Effective pandemic response? Trump got the vaccine not Biden. All of the initial "success' of the Biden administration was due to policies put in place in the Trump administration.
2. Not about getting us out but HOW We got out. Vast majority of the country thinks he handled it terribly with no plan or real exit strategy.
3. They haven't passed it yet and even if they do pass a package with all the bickering the dems have been doing in the past few months I don't think it helps his approval. The damage is done from Afghanistan, COVID and inflation.
4. Sigh. Big deal.
5. I think the majority of the country would take mean tweets at this point. Biden is already a failure 9 months into his term. He hasn't accomplished anything substantial, has alienated allies, botched the Afghanistan exit and the economy is weakening not strengthening

1.  The Trump administration is responsible for the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.  That's news to me.
2.  On this, the vast majority of the country is wrong.  What we saw in Kabul was about the best outcome we could have reasonably expected.  The chaos that we saw on repeat on cable news is simply the nature of military withdrawals under pressure. If you disagree, I can only ask: What did you expect?
3.  The "bickering" is the legislative process.  If you don't like it, then you don't like politics.  Which, fine, most normal people don't, but it's not unusual to have intense negotiations over multi-trillion dollar bills.  Also, COVID vaccinations are climbing towards 80% of adults and while inflation is higher than most want it's not spiraling out of control or anything. 
4.  It's a big deal to people who want a fairer justice system.
5.  Biden is actually good.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2021, 06:08:21 PM »

Helpless..

What's not to like?

4. Sigh. Big deal.

1.  The Trump administration is responsible for the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.  That's news to me.
2.  On this, the vast majority of the country is wrong.  What we saw in Kabul was about the best outcome we could have reasonably expected.  The chaos that we saw on repeat on cable news is simply the nature of military withdrawals under pressure. If you disagree, I can only ask: What did you expect?
3.  The "bickering" is the legislative process.  If you don't like it, then you don't like politics.  Which, fine, most normal people don't, but it's not unusual to have intense negotiations over multi-trillion dollar bills.  Also, COVID vaccinations are climbing towards 80% of adults and while inflation is higher than most want it's not spiraling out of control or anything. 
4.  It's a big deal to people who want a fairer justice system.
5.  Biden is actually good.
Inflation is terrible. Prices are crazy. The vaccine was developed in the Trump administration. Biden has nothing to do with it. Dems are going to lose big in '22 and '24.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2021, 06:04:38 PM »

Afghanistan (Trump's fault) and COVID-19 (Biden has done everything right that he can. He can't get people rounded up to get inoculated!)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2021, 06:18:21 PM »

Trump wins.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »