Can a man get pregnant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:02:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Can a man get pregnant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Poll
Question: Do you think a man can get pregnant?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 147

Author Topic: Can a man get pregnant  (Read 12245 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2022, 12:02:35 AM »

no man has ever gotten pregnant or given birth and no man ever will. it’s a specifically and intrinsically female experience, and the most important and defining one at that.
I hope uterine transplants become a thing just to see if you react with the ideologically consistent "okay, trans women who get uterine transplants are women" or the more likely "b... but he wasn't born a woman! That's not his uterus!".
If the former, are trans people the gender they say they are without the need for affirming fertility apparatuses, provided they fail to bear children? It's fine if we're not, I just want to gather information about your views.

It's possible the argument comes from that if one has a child, they are 'surrendering' being male. Or, to put it in other terms, if one is truly transgender they wouldn't participate in cisgender things.
"Cisgender things"?

Traditional gender things, like childbirth for women for instance.

What if, say, a trans man is forced to carry a child to term by the overturning of Roe v. Wade?
I'm LGBT and pro-choice, this isn't the burn you think it is.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2022, 11:36:14 AM »

Yes, because a trans man can have a functioning uterus.  Silly question. 
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2022, 12:46:18 AM »

no man has ever gotten pregnant or given birth and no man ever will. it’s a specifically and intrinsically female experience, and the most important and defining one at that.
I hope uterine transplants become a thing just to see if you react with the ideologically consistent "okay, trans women who get uterine transplants are women" or the more likely "b... but he wasn't born a woman! That's not his uterus!".
If the former, are trans people the gender they say they are without the need for affirming fertility apparatuses, provided they fail to bear children? It's fine if we're not, I just want to gather information about your views.

It's possible the argument comes from that if one has a child, they are 'surrendering' being male. Or, to put it in other terms, if one is truly transgender they wouldn't participate in cisgender things.
"Cisgender things"?

Traditional gender things, like childbirth for women for instance.

What if, say, a trans man is forced to carry a child to term by the overturning of Roe v. Wade?
I'm LGBT and pro-choice, this isn't the burn you think it is.
I think Sol was trying to imply that your idea leads to the unfair situation where a trans man who has an unwanted pregnancy is and lives in a state where abortion is illegal and is thus forced to give birth has to give up being male as well.

Also a gay or bi(or pan, ace. etc) cis person can still be transphobic.trans people can be transphobic as well, just like women can be misogynistic, but thats another can of worms.
Klobmentum Mutilated Herself
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -8.35

« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2022, 12:50:01 PM »

Also a gay or bi(or pan, ace. etc) cis person can still be transphobic.trans people can be transphobic as well, just like women can be misogynistic, but thats another can of worms.
Indeed, it's interesting how cis gay transphobes like saying "I'm LGBT" as a qualifier for their transphobic comments, when they're not T. If they were trans, they'd say "I'm trans". All they're really saying is "I'm not trans, but I'm going to pretend my gayness gives me the credibility y to throw trans people in the fire without being a transphobe." I bet there's quite a lot of overlap between "I'm LGBT" transphobes and the #DropTheT crowd, but of course, they'll keep the T in there when they say "I'm LGBT" in anti-trans posts.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2022, 01:36:51 PM »

What an awesome thread.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2022, 05:01:42 AM »

These five words are enough to debunk gender ideology.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2022, 01:51:23 PM »

Question for the 65%: If this comes to pass, are transgender people still not the gender they say they are?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2022, 03:04:12 PM »

Question for the 65%: If this comes to pass, are transgender people still not the gender they say they are?
This seems unethical, you shouldn’t be using science to change body functions that you were born into
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2022, 05:38:38 PM »

This seems unethical, you shouldn’t be using science to change body functions that you were born into
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp

★★★★★

Re: Ex-GI Becomes Blonde Beauty
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 1952, 04:04:12 pm »

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2022, 01:13:03 AM »

Broke: Getting an abortion for financial reasons

Woke: Getting an abortion to fight overpopulation

Bespoke: Becoming transgender, getting a womb transplant, getting pregnant, and then aborting the fetus to make Fuzzy's head explode
Churro
Rookie
United States
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2022, 12:08:27 PM »

No
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2022, 02:12:15 AM »

Trans men exist, yes.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2022, 06:07:45 AM »

When I read these kind of questions, I’m reminded about the great medieval debate about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

It’s a useless debate, which do nothing to bring people together, improve the lives of anyone, or uncover new truths. In fact it does the opposite.

So the answer to the question is: it depend on how you define a man.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2022, 03:33:10 AM »

From my understanding, womb transplants only barely work these days on cis-women, have a lot of sideffects and are at the cutting edge of medical advancement right now; so at best we are decades away from making one work on a trans woman (or a cis man for that matter); if that's even biologically possible at all.

In any case, not part of the 65%; but I imagine not many would change their opinion over that
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2022, 12:32:57 PM »

When I read these kind of questions, I’m reminded about the great medieval debate about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

It’s a useless debate, which do nothing to bring people together, improve the lives of anyone, or uncover new truths. In fact it does the opposite.

Yep. Almost like words are arbitrary social construct we assign meaning to rather than containing any inherent meaning of their own.

You know, a debate that was settled by the late Middle Ages already.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2022, 01:11:40 PM »

How do you define a man?
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2022, 01:50:58 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to: