Can a man get pregnant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Can a man get pregnant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: Do you think a man can get pregnant?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 147

Author Topic: Can a man get pregnant  (Read 12034 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2021, 01:01:19 AM »

In the dark purple states, objectively yes. These states and territories legally recognize a change from the gender assigned at birth upon request.

Source: Wikipedia

The magenta states and territories only recognize the change if sex reassignment surgery has been performed, so I think that would rule out pregnancy in an FTM.

Idaho is apparently in limbo, while Tennessee and American Samoa do not allow a change for any reason.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2021, 02:02:37 AM »

In the dark purple states, objectively yes. These states and territories legally recognize a change from the gender assigned at birth upon request.

The magenta states and territories only recognize the change if sex reassignment surgery has been performed, so I think that would rule out pregnancy in an FTM.

Idaho is apparently in limbo, while Tennessee and American Samoa do not allow a change for any reason.

Those states also recognize corporate personhood, a similar legal fiction.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2021, 11:56:12 AM »

No (sane, literally normal)
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2021, 12:11:49 PM »

Of course. google "goku mpreg" for evidence.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2021, 12:53:02 PM »

Image Link
Klobmentum Mutilated Herself
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -8.35

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2021, 07:49:01 PM »

Just so we're clear, nobody voting No actually believes trans people are the gender they say they are.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2021, 08:51:08 PM »

Just so we're clear, nobody voting No actually believes trans people are the gender they say they are.
To be fair, I doubt any of the people voting yes actually believe that, either.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2021, 10:05:35 PM »

Yep (Voted No)
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2021, 10:08:31 PM »

Those dark purple states are wrong, and Tennessee is right (assuming Tennessee still leaves room for genuine clerical errors, of course).
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2021, 10:09:25 PM »

Those states also recognize corporate personhood, a similar legal fiction.

Corporate personhood is correct for the same reason that we also recognize other organizations as persons: Should the New York Times not have legal rights because it is an organization, and not a single individual?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2021, 10:11:24 PM »

Is this supposed to make those who voted no change their mind?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2021, 11:52:08 PM »

Corporate personhood is correct for the same reason that we also recognize other organizations as persons: Should the New York Times not have legal rights because it is an organization, and not a single individual?

I'm not questioning corporate personhood. I'm saying that just because something is legally true does not make it factually true.
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2021, 12:44:41 AM »

My point is that I doubt that a majority of No voters consider themselves transphobic; probably, a good chunk would vote Yes in a poll asking if they consider trans people to be the gender they say they are. I hope any No voter who would vote Yes in such a poll recognizes that they don't actually support trans people.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2021, 12:46:45 AM »

My point is that I doubt that a majority of No voters consider themselves transphobic; probably, a good chunk would vote Yes in a poll asking if they consider trans people to be the gender they say they are. I hope any No voter who would vote Yes in such a poll recognizes that they don't actually support trans people.

And what does calling them transphobic accomplish?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2021, 12:50:19 AM »

And what does calling them transphobic accomplish?
Calling people some iteration of an "ist-o-phobe" tends to make them harder to persuade, not easier. If you are an activist in LGBT issues and you think calling people these sorts of terms makes them likelier to support your goals, you are sorely mistaken. Most people want to feel like they support fair treatment in this country; calling them highly charged negative terms just makes them dislike you more.
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2021, 01:12:55 AM »

I'm not trying to persuade anyone. I don't care if I put people off by calling them an ist-o-phobe. The definition of a racist is someone who thinks a person is inferior because of their race. The definition of a transphobe is someone who thinks a trans person is not the gender they say they are. Anyone who votes No in this poll is a transphobe.

All I'm doing is noting how many transphobes there are here, based on the poll, and questioning how many of them would recognize that they are transphobic. If snowflakes get offended or worry that trans people will lose the midterms of the Dems, then that's their problem.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2021, 01:17:24 AM »

All I'm doing is noting how many transphobes there are here, based on the poll, and questioning how many of them would recognize that they are transphobic.

We are not allowed to recognize it on this site because doing so is a moddable offense.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2021, 01:23:56 AM »

I'm not trying to persuade anyone. I don't care if I put people off by calling them an ist-o-phobe. The definition of a racist is someone who thinks a person is inferior because of their race. The definition of a transphobe is someone who thinks a trans person is not the gender they say they are. Anyone who votes No in this poll is a transphobe.

All I'm doing is noting how many transphobes there are here, based on the poll, and questioning how many of them would recognize that they are transphobic. If snowflakes get offended or worry that trans people will lose the midterms of the Dems, then that's their problem.

imagine thinking they're a significant enough number to actually matter in elections.
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2021, 01:30:50 AM »

I was referring to the Democrats who believe that acknowledging that trans people exist or using the word 'Latinx' will guarantee the Dems will never win another election again, but ok.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2021, 02:13:06 AM »

The definition of a racist is someone who thinks a person is inferior because of their race. The definition of a transphobe is someone who thinks a trans person is not the gender they say they are.

If racism requires a belief in inferiority why doesn't transphobia similarly require a belief in inferiority? One can find it absurd to claim that there's nothing gay about a man sucking his girlfriends lady penis without believing transpeople are inferior.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2021, 12:12:57 PM »

Even if I were trans, or otherwise willing to change genders, why on earth would I want the pain and hassle of nine months of pregnancy, followed by the pain and agony of going through labor?

It isn't worth it.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2021, 04:49:45 PM »

The definition of a transphobe is someone who thinks a trans person is not the gender they say they are. Anyone who votes No in this poll is a transphobe.
“Shiver me timbers!”
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2021, 08:31:01 PM »

First, we'll have to teach pigs how to fly.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2021, 11:17:41 PM »

This is the type of question where the vast majority of people alive today will simply never come around to the progressive answer.
Southern Reactionary Dem
SouthernReactionaryDem
Rookie
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2021, 02:42:25 PM »

Nope.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies