Do kids of color need safe havens?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:06:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do kids of color need safe havens?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are Maïmouna Obot and Cristin Bents racists? (Your skin color?)
Yes. (white)
Yes. (black)
Yes. (other)
No. (white)
No. (black)
No. (other)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Do kids of color need safe havens?  (Read 947 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2022, 06:18:42 PM »
« edited: July 05, 2022, 08:36:23 PM by 🇺🇦 Мир для Украины 🇺🇦 »

Maïmouna Obot tweeted: "What's wrong with those white folk who regularly come to the playgroup for kids of color with their children? Like 'we are Germans with Russian heritage and therefore not quite from here, either.' 🤡 Just leave us our safe haven, we and our children need that empowerment."

Cristin Bents replied: "Yep, I've witnessed it so often over the past ten to twelve years, sad that it's still like that 😞. The point is that the kids are simply meant to be by themselves and then white kiddies are cavorting about there. 😥"

Is that an example of blatant anti-white racism, do they actively promote some sort of segregation/apartheid? Or do black children really need a safe space where they don't have to dread the prospect of facing anti-black racism?

Maïmouna Obot has protected her Tweets in the meantime, by the way... Roll Eyes
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 06:21:44 PM »

Are they advocating for segregating children? WTF?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 08:05:57 PM »

It doesn't sound like it's protecting black children from racism, it sounds like they want to keep white kids away so their kids can "be themselves"..as if they can't act like themselves when sharing a slide with a white kid?  Very strange.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 08:41:45 PM »

Half Italian, a quarter Irish, all Catholic. Do I answer in the "white" or the "other" column?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 11:47:42 PM »

Yes, but who are they and why should we care
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 08:01:35 PM »

They are nobodies, but the hashtags #RacismAgainstWhites and #Segregation were heavily trending on German Twitter again (just like every two weeks), and Obot's Tweet was the bone of contention.
Green voters, SJWs and the Antifa couldn't agree more with her on her complaint and insulted all normal people, who regarded her insistent request as a first step to neo-segregation.
I was just curious to know what left-leaning Atlas may think about this issue.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 08:16:44 PM »

Half Italian, a quarter Irish, all Catholic. Do I answer in the "white" or the "other" column?

Some years ago, i would have said: It depends on your genome and on your skin pigmentation. Nowadays I have to say: Look into your heart and follow its advice...
Btw, how come Atals developed such a fixation on connecting one's skin color with their denomination?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 08:21:01 PM »

Some years ago, i would have said: It depends on your genome and on your skin pigmentation. Nowadays I have to say: Look into your heart and follow its advice...
Btw, how come Atals developed such a fixation on connecting one's skin color with their denomination?

Because as we know, Protestantism is the denomination of capitalism and Northern Europe.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 08:37:12 PM »

Because as we know, Protestantism is the denomination of capitalism and Northern Europe.

I adore capitalism and Northern Europe.

Am I allowed to call myself a legit WASP, by the way? I'm Caucasian, I live in the area of the original, genuine Anglo-Saxons, plus I'm an Evangelical Lutheran.

Anyway, coming back to the core issue of this topic:
Do "kids of color" need safe havens in order to grow up carefree?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 08:38:09 PM »

I adore capitalism and Northern Europe.

Am I allowed to call myself a legit WASP, by the way? I'm white, I live in the area of the original, genuine Anglo-Saxons, plus I'm an Evangelical Lutheran.

I don't make the rules, but your case may be aided by evidence that you ski or play tennis.

Anyway, coming back to the core issue of this topic:
Do "kids of color" need safe havens in order to grow up carefree?

Yes. This is why Catholic schools are full of Italians, Poles, and Hibernians.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 08:40:02 PM »

Why did you change the title of the thread? Now it's basically asking the opposite question as the poll, which could get confusing.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 09:01:15 PM »

Other
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 09:05:15 PM »

I don't make the rules, but your case may be aided by evidence that you ski or play tennis.

Where I live, there are no mountains and therefore no ski slopes.
I've never played tennis, but I was in a table tennis club as a kid, and I was watching an ice-hockey match. LIVE! Does that count?

Why did you change the title of the thread? Now it's basically asking the opposite question as the poll, which could get confusing.

After Cathcon's and AtorBoltox's subtle complaints I thought the title could be a deemed a bit to controversial and some member might winder why I posed a question concerning two nn-famous ladies. The question if they are racists
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2022, 10:24:47 PM »

Adults should absolutely not encourage racial segregation in playgroups, school, etc.  Sends an awful message to kids. Younger kids are generally not as prone to strong racial identity as a barrier to friendship, and that should be appreciated and encouraged.

If kids at some point feel they are more comfortable to just be around those of the same race some of the time, they are free to seek that out themselves.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2022, 11:07:41 PM »

Adults should absolutely not encourage racial segregation in playgroups, school, etc.  Sends an awful message to kids. Younger kids are generally not as prone to strong racial identity as a barrier to friendship, and that should be appreciated and encouraged.

If kids at some point feel they are more comfortable to just be around those of the same race some of the time, they are free to seek that out themselves.

Exactly. Your post reminds me of a Tweet by Obama, once the most-liked Tweet ever, now No. 3 in the all-time ranking.

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2022, 12:29:27 AM »

This entire thread feels quite Bronz-ish to me to be honest, and I say that in a good way.

Anyway, they are absolutely anti-white racists (my race: brown Indian-American, so voted other). No mincing words. And trying to segregate and separate little kids based on their race is very messed up.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2022, 12:30:10 AM »

Exactly. Your post reminds me of a Tweet by Obama, once the most-liked Tweet ever, now No. 3 in the all-time ranking.

Honestly I'd think the 3rd most liked Tweet ever would have more than 4.1 million likes.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2022, 02:49:01 PM »

This entire thread feels quite Bronz-ish to me to be honest.

I think you're the fourth to compare me to bronz, albeit in a positive way this time. And I still don't know what character traits led to his ban. Roll Eyes
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2022, 02:54:56 PM »

This entire thread feels quite Bronz-ish to me to be honest.

I think you're the fourth to compare me to bronz, albeit in a positive way this time. And I still don't know what character traits led to his ban. Roll Eyes

A) Bronz got tempbanned because of some distasteful comments in the Buffalo shooting thread
B) I (and likely others) compared you to Bronz because his trademark threafs were often similar to this one: some Tweet(a) by some unknown woke SJW(s) featuring wokeism and/or anti-white racism - anybody remember Eric Bryan Stone? Some people (such as Ishan) LARPed as Bronz for a bit in the wake of his tempban, but what makes this so good is that it was pretty clearly genuine and not done to deliberately emulate or copy Bronz.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies