FT 21.02: Committee on Un-Frémontian Activities Act (law)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:37:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 21.02: Committee on Un-Frémontian Activities Act (law)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 21.02: Committee on Un-Frémontian Activities Act (law)  (Read 409 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 05, 2021, 09:49:01 PM »
« edited: October 13, 2021, 04:55:49 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

AN ACT
to establish a standing committee of the house to investigate the influence of Philism-Wulfricism within our society

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "Committee on Un-Frémontian Activities Act."

Section 2 (Powers and Duties of the Committee)
i. A Committee on Un-Frémontian Activities is authorized to make from time to time investigations of
(a) the extent, character, and objects of un-Frémontian propaganda activities in the Commonwealth of Frémont;
(b) the diffusion within the Commonwealth of Frémont of subversive and un-Frémontian propagandas that is instigated from Eastern regions or of a domestic origin and attacks the principle of the form of government as guaranteed by our constitution; and
(c) all other questions in relation thereto that would aid parliament in any necessary remedial legislation.
ii. The Committee on Un-Frémontian Activities shall report to the house (or to the first minister if the house is not in session) the results of any such investigation, together with such recommendations as it deems advisable.
iii. For the purpose of any such investigation, the Committee on Un-Frémontian Activities, or any subcommittee thereof, is authorized to sit and act at such times and places within the Commonwealth of Frémont, whether or not the house is sitting, has recessed, or has adjourned, to hold such hearings, to require the attendance of such witnesses and the production of such books, papers, and documents, and to take such testimony, as it deems necessary. Subpoenas may be issued under the signature of the chair of the committee or any subcommittee, or by any member designated by any such chair, and may be served by any person designated by any such chair or member.

Section 3 (Membership)
i. The first minister shall be the permanent chair of the committee, and shall appoint no more than six (6) citizens of high moral character as additional members of the committee.
Sponsor: Harry S Truman, FM

The first minister has the floor.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 09:52:03 PM »

I have discoursed already before this chamber, the dangers of Wulfric and of creeping Wulfricism.

The dangerous influence of Philism-Wulfricism can be felt in every city and town in the West. Its long fingers infiltrate our schools and churches, our shops and public places.

This act will form a special committee of the people of Frémont to investigate the pernicious effects of Wulfricism and all un-Frémontian and anti-Frémontian propaganda in our commonwealth. The purview of this committee will be to investigate persons or groups associated with Wulfricism, and to make recommendations to the parliament for the enactment of further anti-Philist-Wulfricist legislation.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 08:15:35 PM »

It would be preferable if this bill were narrowed to cover just Wulfricism specifically - easier to enforce and harder to abuse.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 10:21:16 PM »

It would be preferable if this bill were narrowed to cover just Wulfricism specifically - easier to enforce and harder to abuse.
Why is the honorable member so keen to limit an investigation into the deleterious effects of Philism-Wulfricism? Is it because he is a Wulfricist?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 12:59:22 PM »

I move for a vote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 08:48:35 PM »

Vote early and often!

Aye!
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 06:02:47 AM »

Nay
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 08:28:24 AM »

Yea
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 04:56:09 PM »

AN ACT
to establish a standing committee of the house to investigate the influence of Philism-Wulfricism within our society

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "Committee on Un-Frémontian Activities Act."

Section 2 (Powers and Duties of the Committee)
i. A Committee on Un-Frémontian Activities is authorized to make from time to time investigations of
(a) the extent, character, and objects of un-Frémontian propaganda activities in the Commonwealth of Frémont;
(b) the diffusion within the Commonwealth of Frémont of subversive and un-Frémontian propagandas that is instigated from Eastern regions or of a domestic origin and attacks the principle of the form of government as guaranteed by our constitution; and
(c) all other questions in relation thereto that would aid parliament in any necessary remedial legislation.
ii. The Committee on Un-Frémontian Activities shall report to the house (or to the first minister if the house is not in session) the results of any such investigation, together with such recommendations as it deems advisable.
iii. For the purpose of any such investigation, the Committee on Un-Frémontian Activities, or any subcommittee thereof, is authorized to sit and act at such times and places within the Commonwealth of Frémont, whether or not the house is sitting, has recessed, or has adjourned, to hold such hearings, to require the attendance of such witnesses and the production of such books, papers, and documents, and to take such testimony, as it deems necessary. Subpoenas may be issued under the signature of the chair of the committee or any subcommittee, or by any member designated by any such chair, and may be served by any person designated by any such chair or member.

Section 3 (Membership)
i. The first minister shall be the permanent chair of the committee, and shall appoint no more than six (6) citizens of high moral character as additional members of the committee.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 12:37:26 PM »

This is a treacherous and Wulfricist organ. I am fighting and defeating Wulfricism, yet you attack me? There is but one answer
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 01:23:58 PM »

This is a treacherous and Wulfricist organ. I am fighting and defeating Wulfricism, yet you attack me? There is but one answer

You are controlled by Wulfric. The legions of freedom will be arriving very soon to liberate Lincoln from the grip of Wulfricism.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2021, 01:30:03 PM »

Oregon is a Philist state. Needless to say, we will not stand by if our right to free expression is infringed upon by the wolves of Denver.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2021, 01:38:36 PM »

You are controlled by Wulfric. The legions of freedom will be arriving very soon to liberate Lincoln from the grip of Wulfricism.

The Governor of Lincoln is a puppet. He is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wulfric. He makes decisions that Wulfric has convinced him to make. He says things that Wulfric wants him to say. There is no daylight between Governor KaiserDave and Wulfric. The Patriots of Fremont must stand ready to deliver freedom for Lincoln. The FREE WEST will never back down.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2021, 02:40:59 PM »

Stop invading the Frémont Parliament, you Philist rascals. We are trying to do business here. Create another thread if you want to air your petty grievances with Truman [not that you are going to beat him either way].
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2021, 02:56:02 PM »

[not that you are going to beat him either way].

I will win!
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 03:00:42 PM »

Frémont will win!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 10:03:28 AM »

I say, what a rum do! Awfully thrilling all-round.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies