Brazilian presidential and general elections 2022 (1st round: October 2nd, 2nd round: October 30th)

<< < (2/441) > >>

buritobr:
Like any other party, when it is too early, probably União Brasil would say that they want an own candidate, in order to increase their bargaining power. But when the election gets closer, probably they will support Eduardo Leite and choose his running mate.
Eduardo Leite has now bigger support of the PSDB than João Dória.

buritobr:
According to Brazilian law, it is mandatory to be a member of a political party in order to run for an elected office at least 6 months before the election.

Bolsonaro has no party because he is not a member of PSL anymore. Since the presidential election will take place on October 2nd, he has deadline until April 2nd in order to join a political party. Probably he will go back to Partido Progressista. Most of the time he was a representative, he was a member of this party. He had talks with leaders of Progressista.

Sir Mohamed:
Is my observation correct that Bolsonaro is pretty much doomed, especially against Lula?

Red Velvet:
Quote from: Sir Mohamed on October 12, 2021, 09:18:34 AM

Is my observation correct that Bolsonaro is pretty much doomed, especially against Lula?

Way too early to tell, as there’s a whole year before the election, but it’s currently looking like that yeah.

I wouldn’t underestimate his chances that much though. Presidents always get blamed for everything bad that happens but they also get praised for every minimal good thing that happens.

If the situation miraculously gets better during 2022, I could see him with some chances. If not, he’s definitely losing though.

buritobr:
Quote from: Red Velvet on October 12, 2021, 12:31:09 PM

Quote from: Sir Mohamed on October 12, 2021, 09:18:34 AM

Way too early to tell, as there’s a whole year before the election, but it’s currently looking like that yeah.

I wouldn’t underestimate his chances that much though. Presidents always get blamed for everything bad that happens but they also get praised for every minimal good thing that happens.

If the situation miraculously gets better during 2022, I could see him with some chances. If not, he’s definitely losing though.

I think so too.

It is too early and all these 4 possibilies can happen. None can be eliminated 12 months before
1) Lula win
2) Bolsonaro reelected
3) Non-Bolsonaro right (or "third way") win
4) Lula doesn't run and other leftist win

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page